A Cozy Nook

July 13, 2009

Do you read Apartment Therapy and follow their home tours? I saved this image today because I love it so… it’s from the AT Chicago site, Melissa & Henry’s Small Live/Work Home Tour, and I wanted to highlight it because it’s a funky space with lots of personality. I especially love this cozy nook…

A Cozy Nook

This space belongs to Melissa Agostino and Henry Tyminski of Sali Tabacchi in Toronto. This makes me want that little vintage botanical chart on the wall now… I love the pink tones combined with the wood, don’t you? And all the books and that pretty Fire Blanket box, which looks vintage, is nice too.

Do you have a cozy nook like this in your home where you have books, a place to read them, etc.? I think we all need our little corners, don’t you?

(image: Melissa Agostino and Henry Tyminski of Sali Tabacchi)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nan Lawson July 13, 2009 at 2:18 pm

i love apartment therapy! i read that blog avidly just to be inspired, and they often have some great tips about interior decorating.

i’m hoping to someday buy a really comfy chair for a reading corner – i already have the space planned out i just need that chair…
    .-= Nan Lawson´s last blog ..Love Cloud – Original Gouache Painting – 5 x 7 =-.

• Reply Marie July 13, 2009 at 2:22 pm

The print is indeed lovely, but the industrial shelving and cardboard boxes leave me bewildered.

• Reply Rebecca July 13, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Who couldn’t use floor to ceiling shelving? I love the warehouse vibe going on with those shelves. Fun!
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..Imaginary Faces and Spaces =-.

• Reply Beach Vintage July 13, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I have a cosy couch under neath my book shelves. I often sit and read something there.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..Good-Bye Mate =-.

• Reply brittni: papernstitch July 13, 2009 at 4:59 pm

i love this home tour. i always find small spaces inspiring, as i live in small home myself. my favorite part has to be the geometric designs on the windows. it really makes an otherwise unusable wall look like a piece of art. great post!
    .-= brittni: papernstitch´s last blog ..Find Fresh Art and Handmade =-.

• Reply leni July 13, 2009 at 5:18 pm

i love the unexpected industrial warehouse furniture mixed in.
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Running On Empty. =-.

• Reply Emily July 13, 2009 at 6:40 pm

I am in the process of creating my girls playroom, which includes a super-cozy reading nook. I’ve taken on the theme of Outdoors Indoors. I am so happy with the way it’s turning out and my girls love it too!

Pictures @
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Because there are Bananas, what better reason is there? =-.

• Reply alexandrakeller July 13, 2009 at 7:23 pm

i’m working on my studio space and i’ve got the perfect chair for my reading nook – can’t wait!
    .-= alexandrakeller´s last blog ..hearts =-.

• Reply Brooke July 13, 2009 at 8:12 pm

That botanical chart print is so pretty-it’s my favorite thing in the photo!
    .-= Brooke´s last blog ..NEW Digital Stamps!!! =-.

• Reply Shell July 13, 2009 at 11:19 pm

I love nooks. They are places to dream, do and relax. Their nook is really sweet.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Your True Voice =-.

• Reply Annie, bossy color July 14, 2009 at 6:51 am

I love creating unexpected mini-libraries by lining hallways, foyers, and (if there’s enough room) staircase landings with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. Instant coziness, even if it might not qualify as a nook! Thanks for the great post – I missed this Apt. Therapy tour.
    .-= Annie, bossy color´s last blog ..The White Stripes’ Jack White & his Nashville headquarters =-.

• Reply kate July 15, 2009 at 12:23 am

This space is so pretty. Nooks are the best! I’ll be selling some vintage pastel biology charts in my shop soon, so keep your eye out! They are pull-down ones like the one in this lovely nook!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Weathered Kraft Box =-.