A Cozy Nook

Do you read Apartment Therapy and follow their home tours? I saved this image today because I love it so… it’s from the AT Chicago site, Melissa & Henry’s Small Live/Work Home Tour, and I wanted to highlight it because it’s a funky space with lots of personality. I especially love this cozy nook…

AT Home Tour

This space belongs to Melissa Agostino and Henry Tyminski of Sali Tabacchi in Toronto. This makes me want that little vintage botanical chart on the wall now… I love the pink tones combined with the wood, don’t you? And all the books and that pretty Fire Blanket box, which looks vintage, is nice too.

Do you have a cozy nook like this in your home where you have books, a place to read them, etc.? I think we all need our little corners, don’t you?

(image: Melissa Agostino and Henry Tyminski of Sali Tabacchi)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on July 13, 2009

1. Nan Lawson commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 2:18pm

i love apartment therapy! i read that blog avidly just to be inspired, and they often have some great tips about interior decorating.

i’m hoping to someday buy a really comfy chair for a reading corner – i already have the space planned out i just need that chair…
    .-= Nan Lawson´s last blog ..Love Cloud – Original Gouache Painting – 5 x 7 =-.

2. Marie commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 2:22pm

The print is indeed lovely, but the industrial shelving and cardboard boxes leave me bewildered.

3. Rebecca commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 3:04pm

Who couldn’t use floor to ceiling shelving? I love the warehouse vibe going on with those shelves. Fun!
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..Imaginary Faces and Spaces =-.

4. Beach Vintage commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 4:53pm

I have a cosy couch under neath my book shelves. I often sit and read something there.
    .-= Beach Vintage´s last blog ..Good-Bye Mate =-.

5. brittni: papernstitch commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 4:59pm

i love this home tour. i always find small spaces inspiring, as i live in small home myself. my favorite part has to be the geometric designs on the windows. it really makes an otherwise unusable wall look like a piece of art. great post!
    -brittni
    .-= brittni: papernstitch´s last blog ..Find Fresh Art and Handmade =-.

6. leni commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 5:18pm

i love the unexpected industrial warehouse furniture mixed in.
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Running On Empty. =-.

7. Emily commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 6:40pm

I am in the process of creating my girls playroom, which includes a super-cozy reading nook. I’ve taken on the theme of Outdoors Indoors. I am so happy with the way it’s turning out and my girls love it too!

Pictures @
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Because there are Bananas, what better reason is there? =-.

8. alexandrakeller commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 7:23pm

i’m working on my studio space and i’ve got the perfect chair for my reading nook – can’t wait!
    .-= alexandrakeller´s last blog ..hearts =-.

9. Brooke commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 8:12pm

That botanical chart print is so pretty-it’s my favorite thing in the photo!
    .-= Brooke´s last blog ..NEW Digital Stamps!!! =-.

10. Shell commented
    July 13th, 2009 at 11:19pm

I love nooks. They are places to dream, do and relax. Their nook is really sweet.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Your True Voice =-.

11. Annie, bossy color commented
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:51am

I love creating unexpected mini-libraries by lining hallways, foyers, and (if there’s enough room) staircase landings with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves. Instant coziness, even if it might not qualify as a nook! http://tinyurl.com/mwrjv6 Thanks for the great post – I missed this Apt. Therapy tour.
    .-= Annie, bossy color´s last blog ..The White Stripes’ Jack White & his Nashville headquarters =-.

12. kate commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:23am

This space is so pretty. Nooks are the best! I’ll be selling some vintage pastel biology charts in my shop soon, so keep your eye out! They are pull-down ones like the one in this lovely nook!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Weathered Kraft Box =-.