Cicada Studio

Have you seen all of the gorgeous new prints and patterns over at Cicada Studio lately? Oh my, this is a must see post if you’re scouting for fabric for your next project. Designer Michelle Engel Bencsko just keeps getting better and better in my book, I love watching her collection evolve each season. Way to go Michelle!

Cicada Studio

Cicada Studio

The wild mushroom is currently one of my favorite prints… though it’s hard to pick just one because I see lots that I’d use in my home. But the wild mushroom stands out to me as a great pattern for a roman blind in a kitchen. I know, me and my roman blind obsession. But this pattern is understated enough to be modern and clean while still being a bit cute (which I love) so it would work nicely in a simple, streamlined kitchen like mine. I can’t wait to get settled in my new space, I’m dying to decorate and sew again — moving is fun but I’m ready to play house!

(images: cicada studio)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, textiles on July 15, 2009

1. Laura commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:23am

Ooh! These would fit right in with some of Amy Butler’s prints, don’t you think? These are just the kind of fabrics that make me really, really want to learn to sew! I would *love* to make a little collection of pillows for my couch out of these fabrics.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..A Lovely Morning With Tea And Cakes =-.

2. tara g commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:31am

i can think of a hundred and one uses for those textiles. i really love the palette michelle is playing in there.

and i agree about the mushrooms: the pattern is so fluid!
    .-= tara g´s last blog ..in a word | sunny =-.

3. Jason Thompson commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:33am

Totally, totally love these fabrics. I’m thinking Rag & Bone Books. Especially Winter Fox for holiday limited edition cover. Thanks for sharing!

4. Rachel commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:36am

I adore Michelle’s work. She really does get better and better. Debating which fabric from the shade collection to use to reupholster a vanity seat.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Lens Lust =-.

5. lesley commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 11:40am

oh, i’m such a fan of all michelle’s designs + fabrics. lovely colours + aesthetic. you’re right, these are perfect for home projects!
    .-= lesley´s last blog ..etsy imagery :: ferris wheel =-.

6. patricia commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:02pm

A great designer to feature! I love all of Michelle’s work. I can’t wait for her new collection to come out.
    .-= patricia´s last blog ..happiness in the unexpected =-.

7. Liz (madeinlowell) commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:07pm

Oh yes, Michelle’s work is so fantastic!! I love that you featured it, and I hope you get to use it in your new place :)
    .-= Liz (madeinlowell)´s last blog ..Virtual Studio Tour =-.

8. juliette commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 12:48pm

see, now I’ve been dying to pick up a sewing machine and then you go and post this sort of thing and make me crazy!! =)

Getting a sewing machine is definitely on the ‘short list’ of things to do this year!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Pueblos and a German schoolbag =-.

9. Paloma's Nest commented
    July 15th, 2009 at 10:29pm

Love seeing Michelle’s collection grow! Such fabulous work from such a lovely lady.

10. cindy : quaint commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 6:31am

michelle’s fabrics are just wonderful. the colors and patterns are lovely and so is she.
    .-= cindy : quaint´s last blog ..life : nice people =-.

11. Bridgett commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 6:58am

I love all of her work and I agree she keeps evolving with new ideas. Not sure how she has time to do it all!

xo
    Bridgett

12. visualingual commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 7:22am

Beautiful patterns, and I love the colors!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Cincinnati Chili Print from the Cincinnati Food Portrait Series =-.

13. gina commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 7:52am

fantastic fabric, and wonderful colors:)
    .-= gina´s last blog ..Block Printing 101 part one =-.

14. Victoria commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 8:17am

Michelle is a rock star in my book, and her designs make me want to sing! Lovely!

15. kate commented
    July 16th, 2009 at 12:39pm

My husband bought me that mushroom fabric for xmas, but I cant decide what to do with it yet! I love it so much, i’m afraid I’ll mess it up. For now I just like looking at it laying in my office…
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Handsome Brown Wood Shoe Forms =-.