Etsy Faves, Objects

Cicada Studio

July 15, 2009

Have you seen all of the gorgeous new prints and patterns over at Cicada Studio lately? Oh my, this is a must see post if you’re scouting for fabric for your next project. Designer Michelle Engel Bencsko just keeps getting better and better in my book, I love watching her collection evolve each season. Way to go Michelle!

Cicada Studio

Cicada Studio

The wild mushroom is currently one of my favorite prints… though it’s hard to pick just one because I see lots that I’d use in my home. But the wild mushroom stands out to me as a great pattern for a roman blind in a kitchen. I know, me and my roman blind obsession. But this pattern is understated enough to be modern and clean while still being a bit cute (which I love) so it would work nicely in a simple, streamlined kitchen like mine. I can’t wait to get settled in my new space, I’m dying to decorate and sew again — moving is fun but I’m ready to play house!

(images: cicada studio)

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

• Reply Laura July 15, 2009 at 11:23 am

Ooh! These would fit right in with some of Amy Butler’s prints, don’t you think? These are just the kind of fabrics that make me really, really want to learn to sew! I would *love* to make a little collection of pillows for my couch out of these fabrics.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..A Lovely Morning With Tea And Cakes =-.

• Reply tara g July 15, 2009 at 11:31 am

i can think of a hundred and one uses for those textiles. i really love the palette michelle is playing in there.

and i agree about the mushrooms: the pattern is so fluid!
    .-= tara g´s last blog ..in a word | sunny =-.

• Reply Jason Thompson July 15, 2009 at 11:33 am

Totally, totally love these fabrics. I’m thinking Rag & Bone Books. Especially Winter Fox for holiday limited edition cover. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Rachel July 15, 2009 at 11:36 am

I adore Michelle’s work. She really does get better and better. Debating which fabric from the shade collection to use to reupholster a vanity seat.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Lens Lust =-.

• Reply lesley July 15, 2009 at 11:40 am

oh, i’m such a fan of all michelle’s designs + fabrics. lovely colours + aesthetic. you’re right, these are perfect for home projects!
    .-= lesley´s last blog ..etsy imagery :: ferris wheel =-.

• Reply patricia July 15, 2009 at 12:02 pm

A great designer to feature! I love all of Michelle’s work. I can’t wait for her new collection to come out.
    .-= patricia´s last blog ..happiness in the unexpected =-.

• Reply Liz (madeinlowell) July 15, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Oh yes, Michelle’s work is so fantastic!! I love that you featured it, and I hope you get to use it in your new place :)
    .-= Liz (madeinlowell)´s last blog ..Virtual Studio Tour =-.

• Reply juliette July 15, 2009 at 12:48 pm

see, now I’ve been dying to pick up a sewing machine and then you go and post this sort of thing and make me crazy!! =)

Getting a sewing machine is definitely on the ‘short list’ of things to do this year!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Pueblos and a German schoolbag =-.

• Reply Paloma's Nest July 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Love seeing Michelle’s collection grow! Such fabulous work from such a lovely lady.

• Reply cindy : quaint July 16, 2009 at 6:31 am

michelle’s fabrics are just wonderful. the colors and patterns are lovely and so is she.
    .-= cindy : quaint´s last blog ..life : nice people =-.

• Reply Bridgett July 16, 2009 at 6:58 am

I love all of her work and I agree she keeps evolving with new ideas. Not sure how she has time to do it all!

xo
    Bridgett

• Reply visualingual July 16, 2009 at 7:22 am

Beautiful patterns, and I love the colors!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Cincinnati Chili Print from the Cincinnati Food Portrait Series =-.

• Reply gina July 16, 2009 at 7:52 am

fantastic fabric, and wonderful colors:)
    .-= gina´s last blog ..Block Printing 101 part one =-.

• Reply Victoria July 16, 2009 at 8:17 am

Michelle is a rock star in my book, and her designs make me want to sing! Lovely!

• Reply kate July 16, 2009 at 12:39 pm

My husband bought me that mushroom fabric for xmas, but I cant decide what to do with it yet! I love it so much, i’m afraid I’ll mess it up. For now I just like looking at it laying in my office…
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Handsome Brown Wood Shoe Forms =-.