Arts + Crafts

Leah Duncan

July 15, 2009

Don’t mess with Texas, isn’t that what they say? I’ve never quite understood why thought because Texas is one of the friendliest states I’ve stepped foot in… Well anyway, Leah Duncan is an illustrator from my home state of South Carolina who now lives and works in Austin and man oh man do I love her style. She’s got it goin’ on! All prints in her shop are original drawings, either hand silkscreened or giclee printed, each starting out as an original ink drawing — then scanned — and digitally colored by Leah.

Leah Duncan

Leah Duncan

Aren’t these great? A little folksy, a bit western, lots of girly swirls and a definite love of nature are just a few themes I see in her work. If you’d like to learn more about Leah, please visit her website or her blog, Freshly Chopped.

I’m running out to do a spa afternoon with the girls, but I’ll be back later buffed and polished, to blog some more!

(images: leah duncan)

You Might Also Like

• Reply kasey at thriftylittleblog July 15, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Thanks for the link, I’m from Austin and I try my best to buy local/ handcrafted pieces. I especially like those cards!
    .-= kasey at thriftylittleblog´s last blog ..How I Save Big… My Actual Budget =-.

• Reply juliette July 15, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Love these fun designs. I like that rootsy touch too. Sometimes I feel like designs can be a little too fly-away for me, but this is great!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Pueblos and a German schoolbag =-.

• Reply alisa July 15, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I love it! (BTW: The Don’t Mess slogan was for their anti-littering campaign. Cute, huh?)
    .-= alisa´s last blog ..Wedding Wednesday: Wedding Posters =-.

• Reply Agnes July 15, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Thanks for highlighting an Austin artist! How fun!

• Reply blue bicicletta July 16, 2009 at 10:31 am

Ooh, gorgeous, I love the line work! I’ll have to go check out her shop!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..Sea Anemone =-.

• Reply Beth H July 22, 2009 at 10:29 am

Leah’s work is fabulous! I’m an Austinite too, & I have 2 prints of hers in my hallway. loooove ’em! Leah is a real sweetheart, too – thanks for featuring her!
    .-= Beth H´s last blog ..Adaptive reUse Explains How to Deconstruct Tin =-.