Objects

Ulrika May Pillows

July 20, 2009

Oh Ulrika May, what you do to me! Ulrika May Pillows are so pretty, made from vintage silk scarves and repurposed into perky pillows. What a nice way to begin the week – bursts of juicy color!

Ulrika May Pillows

Ulrika May Pillows

These once-loved pieces have all their own stories to tell. Originating from the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies they have been kept precious at a time when life was at a slower pace and possessions were lovingly cared for. All scarves have been collected by Ulrika from antique fairs and flea markets in Great Britain and other cities around the world. ” What a charming description. I’m so glad I found out about these lovely pillows via LiviaConcept.

How was your weekend? I hope that you had a lovely one! And speaking of juicy color, wait until you see the beautiful home of a blogger I had the opportunity to interview recently — stay tuned for that going live on decor8 after lunch today. :)

(images: ulrika may)

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente July 20, 2009 at 11:13 am

oooh……how gorgeous! These are happy inducing indeed!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Alycia July 20, 2009 at 11:19 am

Looks like they would be so soft and comfy. Is it nap time, already?
    .-= Alycia´s last blog ..Color Psychology – Pink =-.

• Reply Diana July 20, 2009 at 11:58 am

Oh lovely – the sheen of the silk really brings out those vibrant colors. What a great way to reuse!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Somewhere Over the Rainbow =-.

• Reply tiina July 20, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Hi! thank you for linking to my little interview with Ulrika. She is very sweet and talented indeed! Have a lovely day!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..inside is outside is inside =-.

• Reply Meredith July 20, 2009 at 12:30 pm

What beautiful colors…gorgeous!

• Reply Jessica Zee July 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm

What a great, creative use of vintage scarves! They’re so lovely and cheerful.
    .-= Jessica Zee´s last blog ..Dress up Your Office Bookshelves with Molding =-.

• Reply Alexandra July 20, 2009 at 4:31 pm

How beautiful, and what a creative use of vintage scarves! I might have to try this for myself.
    .-= Alexandra´s last blog ..Dali Atomicus =-.

• Reply Jennifer July 20, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Silk pillows stuffed with feathers always have such a comforting feel about them and silk always shows off colors so nicely. What a nice way to repurpose an already beautiful item! Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..What’s at the top of your book wish list? =-.

• Reply Chantal - luxxury livving July 21, 2009 at 1:28 am

I luv these pillows!!! I’m especially fond of scrarf print pillows, great find!
    .-= Chantal – luxxury livving´s last blog ..Pick-Your-Pillow Contest is Here! =-.

• Reply gabriellevalentine July 21, 2009 at 10:09 am

Oooo the pink ones…bright colors! Those are great pillows!
    .-= gabriellevalentine´s last blog ..And then I found a little site called Etsy. And…I like Owls? …Dammit? =-.