Ulrika May Pillows

Oh Ulrika May, what you do to me! Ulrika May Pillows are so pretty, made from vintage silk scarves and repurposed into perky pillows. What a nice way to begin the week – bursts of juicy color!

Ulrika May Pillows

Ulrika May Pillows

These once-loved pieces have all their own stories to tell. Originating from the forties, fifties, sixties and seventies they have been kept precious at a time when life was at a slower pace and possessions were lovingly cared for. All scarves have been collected by Ulrika from antique fairs and flea markets in Great Britain and other cities around the world. ” What a charming description. I’m so glad I found out about these lovely pillows via LiviaConcept.

How was your weekend? I hope that you had a lovely one! And speaking of juicy color, wait until you see the beautiful home of a blogger I had the opportunity to interview recently — stay tuned for that going live on decor8 after lunch today. :)

(images: ulrika may)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on July 20, 2009

1. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 11:13am

oooh……how gorgeous! These are happy inducing indeed!
    xo
    Melis

2. Alycia commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 11:19am

Looks like they would be so soft and comfy. Is it nap time, already?
    .-= Alycia´s last blog ..Color Psychology – Pink =-.

3. Diana commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 11:58am

Oh lovely – the sheen of the silk really brings out those vibrant colors. What a great way to reuse!
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Somewhere Over the Rainbow =-.

4. tiina commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 12:20pm

Hi! thank you for linking to my little interview with Ulrika. She is very sweet and talented indeed! Have a lovely day!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..inside is outside is inside =-.

5. Meredith commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 12:30pm

What beautiful colors…gorgeous!

6. Jessica Zee commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 12:31pm

What a great, creative use of vintage scarves! They’re so lovely and cheerful.
    .-= Jessica Zee´s last blog ..Dress up Your Office Bookshelves with Molding =-.

7. Alexandra commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 4:31pm

How beautiful, and what a creative use of vintage scarves! I might have to try this for myself.
    .-= Alexandra´s last blog ..Dali Atomicus =-.

8. Jennifer commented
    July 20th, 2009 at 11:08pm

Silk pillows stuffed with feathers always have such a comforting feel about them and silk always shows off colors so nicely. What a nice way to repurpose an already beautiful item! Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..What’s at the top of your book wish list? =-.

9. Chantal - luxxury livving commented
    July 21st, 2009 at 1:28am

I luv these pillows!!! I’m especially fond of scrarf print pillows, great find!
    .-= Chantal – luxxury livving´s last blog ..Pick-Your-Pillow Contest is Here! =-.

10. gabriellevalentine commented
    July 21st, 2009 at 10:09am

Oooo the pink ones…bright colors! Those are great pillows!
    .-= gabriellevalentine´s last blog ..And then I found a little site called Etsy. And…I like Owls? …Dammit? =-.