Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

July 21, 2009

Owl dresses (and shirts!), laser cut necklaces, small objects, perky prints, file folders, fabric featuring chairs and much, much more can be found in this week’s edition of Etsy Take Five Tuesday. I hope you enjoy my picks today as I enjoyed curating this little collection for you. Have fun!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

me&oli has elegant laser cut jewelry and create a limited number of pretty things to wear like this silky cotton owl dress as featured in Frankie, an Australian fashion magazine that I adore. Oh this dress is my dream item, something I’d love to wear but I’m afraid I could never squeeze into anything cut for a 26″ waist – a dream I may never realize until I relocate and get rid of my car (I drive and sit way too much currently) but I’m considering the blouse in the same fabric because it comes in large. And it’s splendid!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Sarah and Leslie run both Urban Posture and an etsy shop called Good Posture. These talented ladies from Des Moines create environmentally friendly products for the the home and office in addition to their apparel for babies and ladies. They design and print all items by hand and use as many local resources as possible as they create.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Sloe Gin Fizz is Nicole Ray, an illustrator in Michigan with a whimsical eye and lots of perky prints for adorning your walls.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Scarlet Fig fabrics are just sooo cute it hurts just a little bit! :) Created by designer Laurie Wisbrun in Austin, Texas you will adore her birds, chairs, elephants and more. And don’t worry — if you don’t sew she also sells her fabric as pillow covers so you can still enjoy her designs in your home.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I can’t believe I’ve not featured The Small Object in this round up before! I’ve loved her work and even met her a few years ago and it just slipped my mind to mention her. I guess I feel like everyone who is online must know this girl. But if in a wee chance you do not, The Small Object is a doll and she creates the most darling little rubber stamps, custom wedding cake toppers (love!) and other imaginative, fun and inexpensive little things that you will no doubt adore.

Wasn’t this week’s round up cute? I thought so at least… :) I love all of the fun colors and whimsical designs – so much personality you can’t help but feel happy when you peek into these stores. Enjoy!

(images linked to their sources above)

• Reply Anna E. Allen July 21, 2009 at 8:04 pm

i long for those pillows & toppers!! the mustache is brilliant!!
    i just love it all! : )
    .-= Anna E. Allen ´s last blog ..the sun won’t forget to shine. =-.

• Reply Tricia McKellar July 21, 2009 at 8:06 pm

I love Scarlet Fig’s chair print pillow! Sweet! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Slowly, 16×24 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente July 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm

So cute and so cheerful! i love it and thanks for rounding these up for us!

• Reply CherryTreeLane July 21, 2009 at 8:38 pm

thanks for all the links!

• Reply brittni July 21, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Great round up of etsy shops Holly. I absolutely love Nicole Ray’s work. Her illustrations are so fresh and cheery!
    .-= brittni´s last blog ..Super 16: Writing Life =-.

• Reply Jennifer July 21, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Oh that owl blouse is too cute! Too bad she doesn’t make a large for us busty gals :(
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..My Dream Cardigan………Hanging in Someone Else’s Closet =-.

• Reply kathrin July 22, 2009 at 12:03 am

Finally another Etsy Take Five Tuesday! I’m always so looking forward to discovering all the pretty things you found, thanks for sharing!
    Love the Urban Posture products!
    .-= kathrin´s last blog ..True Love Stories =-.

• Reply Kathleen at Twig & Thistle July 22, 2009 at 12:05 am

That precious airplane in the clouds necklace just made my heart skip a beat! If I weren’t a designer I’d be a pilot so I have a special place in my heart for all things aeronautical. Too sweet!
    .-= Kathleen at Twig & Thistle´s last blog ..Help Remedies =-.

• Reply Janet July 22, 2009 at 1:01 am

These are all great finds…thanks for sharing them! But now I’m jealous of all those cute shop names, while mine is just….uncute.
    .-= Janet´s last blog ..Love this cottage! =-.

• Reply Petra :-) July 22, 2009 at 1:44 am

*love* the mustache ;-) ;-)
    .-= Petra :-)´s last blog ..a sweet girl… =-.

• Reply decor8 July 22, 2009 at 1:55 am

Petra I think you need it for your cats. :)

• Reply Amanda July 22, 2009 at 4:20 am

A great roundup this week Holly! The Small Object is so cute!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..kisses for mummy =-.

• Reply sloeginfizz July 22, 2009 at 7:36 am

Thanks so much for including my shop, Holly! And now I am coveting that lovely owl blouse from me&Oli — SO gorgeous. Love all the other goodies, too! Definitely some new favorites.
    .-= sloeginfizz´s last blog ..In good company =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie July 22, 2009 at 8:31 am

Another round up of wonderful finds! I’ll take one from each shop please :) I adore that owl blouse! and the fabric from Scarlet Fig, love those! Thanks for sharing these with us!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Busy Sewing =-.

• Reply Victoria Bennett Beyer July 22, 2009 at 10:12 am

I ADORE that fabric! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply simply hue July 22, 2009 at 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing these shops with us, Holly. It’s one of those posts that makes you smile. I love all the bright happy colors and the dolls from “Small Objects” are adorable. :) Have a great day today!
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..The Colorful Life of Leslie Shewring =-.

• Reply Elizabeth July 22, 2009 at 10:20 am

I am still giggling about the mustache! What fun! Great finds, as usual! Thank you for sharing.
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Today: Catch Up and Ketchup =-.

• Reply karin Grow July 22, 2009 at 11:31 am

Love the fabric! I have ordered several of her prints and can’t wait to make something. Just need to put my paintbrush down and pull out my sewing machine.

• Reply The Savannah Room August 6, 2009 at 7:47 am

I am absolutely LOVING the fabric by designer, Laurie of Scarlet Fig !

Her safari animal designs are right up my alley !

Katherine x – search The Savannah Room
    .-= The Savannah Room´s last blog ..The Silhouette Range ‘Safari Elephant in French Paris Chic’ – A Fabric Canvas Wall Hanging Art Panel – Customizable =-.