Objects, Rooms

Dandi: New!

July 23, 2009

Dandi is a brand new homewares company based in Sydney made up of four ladies who met in college while studying industrial design. They decided to combine their talents and form a business and Dandi was born. I heard from one of these ladies, Melinda, who sent me these photos to premiere here on decor8 today. They specialize in the design and creation of innovative screen printed fabric and etched bamboo products for the home. Dandi infuses their collection with bright colors, fresh patterns and a bit of the 1950’s housewife femininity combined with nature motifs.

Dandi: New!

The Dandi team.

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

The Dandi girls playing around…

Dandi: New!

Dandi: New!

To view more products or to learn about these lovely ladies, visit either their website or blog, Fine and Dandi.

(images: dandi)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nuit July 23, 2009 at 11:35 am

Wow Holly, these prints are gorgeous… the colors, the texture, everything looks sooo yummy! (including that sandwich hehe ;)

.-= Nuit´s last blog ..Children Rooms to boost their energy and creativity! =-.

• Reply fabframes July 23, 2009 at 11:41 am

Wow, such cute goodies! I love Australian design; thank you so much for sharing!
    .-= fabframes´s last blog ..Charley Harper 2010 Calendars =-.

• Reply Chloe Heston July 23, 2009 at 12:17 pm

O.O …The first three food pictures are ***perfect***.

Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks sooo much for sharing this, Holly!

• Reply Mimi July 23, 2009 at 12:32 pm

What an inspiration…they look like they have so much together.
    Very talented women. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Mimi´s last blog ..to love a floor… =-.

• Reply simply hue July 23, 2009 at 12:36 pm

That would be such a dream to work with your closest friends every day! I really like their colorful designs. Thanks for sharing, Holly. :)
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..Love, Love, Love Birds! =-.

• Reply Laura J. Robinson July 23, 2009 at 12:54 pm

so much to love here but those lovely sandwich wraps and twine are sweet
    .-= Laura J. Robinson´s last blog ..3wordTweets: @honeybeer sounds quite wonderful =-.

• Reply liza July 23, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I’m constantly both amazed and inspired by all the talented, intelligent women who show up here!
    .-= liza´s last blog ..Noguchi Akari Light Sculptures =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie July 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Looks like so much fun! And good food, too! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Busy Sewing =-.

• Reply Polly July 23, 2009 at 2:44 pm

These patterns are soooo lovely!
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..Inspiration please!! =-.

• Reply Yansy July 23, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I love all the patterns. They make an amazing team. Thanks for sharing this with us Holly.
    .-= Yansy´s last blog ..Loving These Color Combinations =-.

• Reply Mindi July 23, 2009 at 5:00 pm

WOW! Thanks for all your comments and for featuring us Holly. We are thrilled to be featured on decor8 and to connect with all the bloggers out there! :)
    love the dandi girls (Caroline, Melinda, Leezar and Manuela) ???
    .-= Mindi´s last blog ..Stitches and Crafts Show, Sydney, August 2009 =-.

• Reply decor8 July 23, 2009 at 7:09 pm

HI Mindi! I’m so glad you posted all of your names, I combed your website and blog for what felt like hours trying to find all of your names so I could mention it in the post but I didn’t see them. Thank you for letting me know!!!

• Reply Sacha @ Bridal Survival July 23, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I love Dandi! I’ve been “following” their beautiful styling for a few years and love that they’re Australian!
    .-= Sacha @ Bridal Survival´s last blog ..We Love…Ann Wood =-.

• Reply The Shutter July 23, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Beautiful pictures. I’m off to check out their site.
    .-= The Shutter´s last blog ..Stillness =-.

• Reply Viv July 23, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Very inspiring !
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..You Deserve a Star =-.

• Reply Sheepskin Furs July 24, 2009 at 12:44 am

I think I have to get my hands on that red flower table cloth..Those sandwich wraps also looked amazing, great presentation!
    .-= Sheepskin Furs´s last blog ..Sheepskin Wool Duvet – $ 149.99 =-.

• Reply jenn July 24, 2009 at 8:03 am

such gorgeous goodies! the bamboo bowls on their site are just lovely!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..let’s talk chicken! =-.

• Reply Rachel July 24, 2009 at 8:38 am

looks good… off to visit=)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..A Mix of Music, Lamps and Fashion =-.

• Reply Tricia McKellar July 24, 2009 at 9:42 am

Such cute aprons! :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Ode to Summer, 5×5 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar, Modern Photograph with Vintage Look =-.

• Reply Newburgh Restoration July 24, 2009 at 10:26 am

Looks like a fun bunch that will have fun stuff!
    .-= Newburgh Restoration´s last blog ..This weekend in Newburgh: New Cafe to Open =-.

• Reply Kathryn July 24, 2009 at 10:31 am

can’t wait to see what they become! maybe we’ll be seeing dandi items in the US next year. very exciting. what wonderful photos and textiles.
    .-= Kathryn´s last blog ..book joy… =-.

• Reply Shanon July 24, 2009 at 11:49 am

I really love their name, Dandi. =) And it’s so nice to see these 4 gorgeous women working together, creating, and looking like they truly love every minute of it.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..The Familiar =-.

• Reply ana July 24, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Cute idea – sandwich with napkins decor. Really love your blog, very inspiring blog;) Have a great weekend.
    .-= ana´s last blog ..A fairytale City =-.

• Reply tiina July 24, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Go girls! i really appreciate (and envy ) having the girl collective to do those designings and works together with.. anyone up for building the same in sweden? i’m here.. pliiiz contact me! :)
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..cool hotel in london =-.

• Reply robin July 25, 2009 at 1:06 am

i want one of those aprons! thanks for sharing Holly!

• Reply q July 25, 2009 at 11:12 pm

such lovely girls with beautiful work, thanks for sharing :)
    .-= q´s last blog ..finally blue sky =-.

• Reply Erin July 27, 2009 at 2:31 am

What cutestuff! And so beautifully presented! Lovely!

• Reply heather July 30, 2009 at 12:31 am

Wow. These ladies are producing and selling a DIY kit mobile that looks so much like my mobiles (especially the mobiles I started my brand with… the recylced magazine mobiles that you have featured on your blog Holly) I was kind of floored when I saw it on their site.