Dandi: New!

Dandi is a brand new homewares company based in Sydney made up of four ladies who met in college while studying industrial design. They decided to combine their talents and form a business and Dandi was born. I heard from one of these ladies, Melinda, who sent me these photos to premiere here on decor8 today. They specialize in the design and creation of innovative screen printed fabric and etched bamboo products for the home. Dandi infuses their collection with bright colors, fresh patterns and a bit of the 1950’s housewife femininity combined with nature motifs.

Dandi

The Dandi team.

Dandi

Dandi

Dandi

Dandi

Dandi

Dandi

The Dandi girls playing around…

Dandi Treasure Box

Gumleaf_hero

To view more products or to learn about these lovely ladies, visit either their website or blog, Fine and Dandi.

(images: dandi)

Posted by decor8 in kitchen, textiles on July 23, 2009

1. Nuit commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 11:35am

Wow Holly, these prints are gorgeous… the colors, the texture, everything looks sooo yummy! (including that sandwich hehe ;)

xo
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Children Rooms to boost their energy and creativity! =-.

2. fabframes commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 11:41am

Wow, such cute goodies! I love Australian design; thank you so much for sharing!
    .-= fabframes´s last blog ..Charley Harper 2010 Calendars =-.

3. Chloe Heston commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 12:17pm

O.O …The first three food pictures are ***perfect***.

Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks sooo much for sharing this, Holly!

4. Mimi commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 12:32pm

What an inspiration…they look like they have so much together.
    Very talented women. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Mimi´s last blog ..to love a floor… =-.

5. simply hue commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 12:36pm

That would be such a dream to work with your closest friends every day! I really like their colorful designs. Thanks for sharing, Holly. :)
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..Love, Love, Love Birds! =-.

6. Laura J. Robinson commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 12:54pm

so much to love here but those lovely sandwich wraps and twine are sweet
    .-= Laura J. Robinson´s last blog ..3wordTweets: @honeybeer sounds quite wonderful =-.

7. liza commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 2:11pm

I’m constantly both amazed and inspired by all the talented, intelligent women who show up here!
    .-= liza´s last blog ..Noguchi Akari Light Sculptures =-.

8. City Chic - Jamie commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 2:40pm

Looks like so much fun! And good food, too! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Busy Sewing =-.

9. Polly commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 2:44pm

These patterns are soooo lovely!
    xx
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..Inspiration please!! =-.

10. Yansy commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 4:40pm

I love all the patterns. They make an amazing team. Thanks for sharing this with us Holly.
    .-= Yansy´s last blog ..Loving These Color Combinations =-.

11. Mindi commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 5:00pm

WOW! Thanks for all your comments and for featuring us Holly. We are thrilled to be featured on decor8 and to connect with all the bloggers out there! :)
    love the dandi girls (Caroline, Melinda, Leezar and Manuela) ???
    .-= Mindi´s last blog ..Stitches and Crafts Show, Sydney, August 2009 =-.

12. Sacha @ Bridal Survival commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 5:22pm

I love Dandi! I’ve been “following” their beautiful styling for a few years and love that they’re Australian!
    .-= Sacha @ Bridal Survival´s last blog ..We Love…Ann Wood =-.

13. The Shutter commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 5:43pm

Beautiful pictures. I’m off to check out their site.
    .-= The Shutter´s last blog ..Stillness =-.

14. decor8 commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:09pm

HI Mindi! I’m so glad you posted all of your names, I combed your website and blog for what felt like hours trying to find all of your names so I could mention it in the post but I didn’t see them. Thank you for letting me know!!!

15. Viv commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 8:22pm

Very inspiring !
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..You Deserve a Star =-.

16. Sheepskin Furs commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 12:44am

I think I have to get my hands on that red flower table cloth..Those sandwich wraps also looked amazing, great presentation!
    .-= Sheepskin Furs´s last blog ..Sheepskin Wool Duvet – $ 149.99 =-.

17. jenn commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 8:03am

such gorgeous goodies! the bamboo bowls on their site are just lovely!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..let’s talk chicken! =-.

18. Rachel commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 8:38am

looks good… off to visit=)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..A Mix of Music, Lamps and Fashion =-.

19. Tricia McKellar commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 9:42am

20. Newburgh Restoration commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 10:26am

Looks like a fun bunch that will have fun stuff!
    .-= Newburgh Restoration´s last blog ..This weekend in Newburgh: New Cafe to Open =-.

21. Kathryn commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 10:31am

can’t wait to see what they become! maybe we’ll be seeing dandi items in the US next year. very exciting. what wonderful photos and textiles.
    .-= Kathryn´s last blog ..book joy… =-.

22. Shanon commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:49am

I really love their name, Dandi. =) And it’s so nice to see these 4 gorgeous women working together, creating, and looking like they truly love every minute of it.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..The Familiar =-.

23. ana commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 4:34pm

Cute idea – sandwich with napkins decor. Really love your blog, very inspiring blog;) Have a great weekend.
    .-= ana´s last blog ..A fairytale City =-.

24. tiina commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 6:15pm

Go girls! i really appreciate (and envy ) having the girl collective to do those designings and works together with.. anyone up for building the same in sweden? i’m here.. pliiiz contact me! :)
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..cool hotel in london =-.

25. robin commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 1:06am

i want one of those aprons! thanks for sharing Holly!

26. q commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 11:12pm

such lovely girls with beautiful work, thanks for sharing :)
    .-= q´s last blog ..finally blue sky =-.

27. Erin commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 2:31am

What cutestuff! And so beautifully presented! Lovely!

28. heather commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 12:31am

Wow. These ladies are producing and selling a DIY kit mobile that looks so much like my mobiles (especially the mobiles I started my brand with… the recylced magazine mobiles that you have featured on your blog Holly) I was kind of floored when I saw it on their site.