Musical Thursday

Hello friends! So for today’s Musical Thursday I’m sharing a selection of tunes that are keeping me company as I rummage through my attic and continue packing and organizing my home. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I am this week!

Musical Thursdays

A. Florence & The Machine: Lungs

B. Michael Jackson: Hello World – The Motown Solo Collection (outstanding album!)

C. 2raumwohnung: Lasso

D. Kate Miller-Heidke: Curiouser

E. coeur de pirate

F. Pitbull: I Know You Want Me (single, fun to dance to)

G. Cascada: Evacuate The Dancefloor

H. Kelly Sweet: We Are One

I also cannot stop listening to Send Me An Angel from Real Life in 1989, I remember being in school listening to this in the hallway between classes on my walkman. :) Watch this video for a little synth pop action and a definite blast from the past.

(images from individual artists and amazon)

Posted by decor8 in music on July 23, 2009

1. Jennifer commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 2:50pm

500 days of Summer has an awesome soundtrack.

2. Lesley Denford commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 2:57pm

Ooooh, I LOVE Coeur de Pirate too! That album is so lovely. I saw her perform in Toronto for the first time back in June and got to meet her. So fab!
    I’ve got a couple of pics here…
    .-= Lesley Denford´s last blog ..Wreck This Journal :: Week 6 =-.

3. Jessie commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 4:08pm

I can never get enough of Cascada! Always keeps me moving and motivated for ANY reason!
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..Spotted! =-.

4. jodi commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 4:10pm

okay. so after one listen on myspace, i think i’m in love with coeur de pirate.
    .-= jodi´s last blog ..{247/365} cooling off =-.

5. samantha hahn commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 4:58pm

nice round-up!!!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Purplethum: Surface Pattern Design Co. =-.

6. Karen M. Andersen commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 6:42pm

Hi Holly :) I love it when you feature Aussie talent on your blog, like Kate Millerr-Heidke in this post and Dandi in the post below. It’s so great that others appreciate the fabulousness we have here in Australia, so good on you and thank you! LOVE how you are a fan of “Real Living” mag too :)

Karen xx

7. Jim Gianoulis commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:04pm

Holly,
    Have I got some recommendations for you. These are some of my faves at the moment, and most are newer bands, i am a huge shoegaze/dream pop/retro fan, so all of these bands remind me of someone else, but are unique at the same time.

Metric – Fantasies – leading in my best of year vote for now.
    Au Revoir Simone – Still Night, Still Light – dream pop heaven
    White Lies – To Lose My Life – best Joy Division-esque band in a long time
    Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix – neck and neck with Metric for cd of year
    Portishead – Third – beth Gibbons voice gives me shivers. In a good way.
    Passion Pit – Manners – One of Boston’s own, check out song “Reeling”. I dare you not to dance.
    Air France – No Way Down – This cd just makes me feel good. Love it.

Thats all for now, hope you find something in there that you like.

Jimmo

8. decor8 commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:07pm

Jim HI! I can’t believe that you posted on my blog — I’ve known you since I was 14 years old so this is like the biggest blast from the past ever. Thank you so much for dropping in and saying hello. I LOVE your picks, I’m familiar with a few of them but now I have to google these people.

Thanks Jimmo. :)

9. decor8 commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:08pm

Karen oh yes, I’m a big Aussie lover for sure. I’m DYING to visit there someday. I’m a huge Real Living fan, I wish I could live inside of that magazine!

10. Skye commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 7:15pm

Holly, we seem to have similar music tastes. :) I try to put my song of the day on Twitter (@SkyeWays) you know, the song that you really can’t get out of your head at that moment. Anyway you should check out my friends band at http://www.radioink.com.au, some fun pop tunes there. Thanks for your music and for your blogs. Good luck with the move. I am looking forward to some more pics from your German apartment!

11. Turquoise commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 8:09pm

I totally dig Pitbull, too. LOL!

And by the way…Jimmo and I have the same taste.

See my mixes on my blog…a few are already featured on there.

12. Lara Jane commented
    July 23rd, 2009 at 10:12pm

I love music recommendations! Can’t wait to check these out!

Pop over to my blog… the latest post was about my new favorite band. I want everyone to know about them so they’ll be able to come play near me. Is that so selfish? LOL
    .-= Lara Jane´s last blog ..The Civil Wars =-.

13. ro commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 12:31am

mmmmm, yes, coeur de pirate, absolutely beautiful! I love the innocent and nostalgic quality of the music video…does Beatrice remind anyone else of the lead character in the movie Amelie?

14. Leslie commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 7:20am

Ahh Kate Miller-Heidke she is wonderful!! The world needs to know about her!!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Neverending story print =-.

15. Afi commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 9:46am

I really loved “Coeur de pirate” …So soothing and positive :) Thank you for sharing Holly, this song by Dido is very nice too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3onLLM2-Ns
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Snails 8/33 and 9/33 =-.

16. Genelle commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:07am

Cascada — that’s my kind of music! Thanks for sharing!!!
    .-= Genelle´s last blog ..Miss You Dog, Card =-.

17. Agnes commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 1:31pm

Hey Holly, thanks for such fun musical updates!! I love them, you have lovely taste! Have you listened to Owl City? Its sort of like musical appliances singing love songs to each other, but fun. :) Fun band.
    .-= Agnes´s last blog ..Posy =-.

18. decor8 commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 2:05pm

Agnes that’s a riot, now I have to google them. Thanks for the tip. :)

19. Maddy commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 11:14am

Florence and the machine are awesome.

I totally agree with some of Jim’s picks… Metric’s album is easily best of the year – they were great live when I saw them the other week. I’d agree with checking out Au Revoir Simone and Phoenix as well. On top of that, I’d add Smile Smile – I found them when they opened up for Metric, and they were probably the best opening band I’d ever heard.
    .-= Maddy´s last blog ..Lovely Dresses from Martina Liana =-.

20. Bethanie commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 12:33pm

Thanks again for the music choices, as per usual I LOVE them all! Perfect for creating and enjoying a monday afternoon! :D

21. Fallon commented
    July 29th, 2009 at 5:59pm

I really love your music choices! I always mind something new that I love. Thanks for sharing =)
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..Look Book: Prada, Fall/Winter 2009 =-.

22. Amir Thompson commented
    June 5th, 2010 at 11:00pm

Awesome track, I really enjoy listening to it!