Happy Friday!

Hello and happy Friday to you! Today could not come soon enough for me because I had such a hectic week — I’m really looking forward to taking Saturday completely off to be with our friends and relax. And shop. I have a pile of store gift cards to spend before we leave, cards I’ve postponed using so I figure it’s now or never. I’m going to use them on goodbye presents gifts for friends and of course my l’occitane card will be devoted solely to this and this as a little housewarming present for me – they are the best fragrances ever! ;)

Karen Mordechai/Sunday Suppers

On Monday, bright and early, our moving company will arrive to pack up what’s left of our belongings and to pack our electronics and fragile stuff — collectibles and artwork — so I’m taking Monday off as blog free though I’ve prepared a post to go live over at Real Simple so I’ll be there Monday morning. We officially move out of our house on August 1st (a week from tomorrow!) and then we’re going on vacation until the 7th, we’ll be in Boston, London and finally Hannover.

I never thought leaving the country would be so much fun – I’m not scared or anxious at all and my mother has finally stopped crying and is now planning to get her passport and come stay with us next year. Yay mom, you go GIRL.

Not to show off, but we’re being invited everywhere these days and let me tell you, I’m loving all the attention, it feels like getting married all over again. I’m eating it up, few times in life do you get ALL the attention, right?!

I’ll meet you back here on Tuesday, July 28th! Until then, have a nice weekend and make sure you see my image credits below to learn about these lovely photos. :)

(image: from the amazing Sunday Suppers blog, photography: Karen Mordechai)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on July 24, 2009

1. silvina commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 1:13pm

I envy you for being soo relaxed and cheerful! I moved two moths ago and I´m still stressed! I can´t imagine how it would be if i had to leave my country! But I would be so excited for the new adventure, though!
    Happy moving! Cheers from freezing Buenos Aires (lowest temperature in years)!!
    Thank you always for so much inspiration and sorry for my lousy english!
    .-= silvina´s last blog ..Meet Burbuja de Papel =-.

2. Mathyld / encore petite commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 1:13pm

Aw, your mom coming to stay with you is the nicest thing !
    My mum left her whole (french Canadian) family to live in France, with her French husband (my father).
    And now, she’s hapilly settled in Provence :)

Now that you’ve done the packing things part … The best is coming right up !

I’m very happy to welcome you in Europe !
    All the best from Paris,
    x x x
    ___mathyld___
    .-= Mathyld / encore petite´s last blog ..* Embroidered Stones – Silent Generosity * =-.

3. jodi commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 1:37pm

sounds like tons of fun. enjoy it!!
    .-= jodi´s last blog ..flatiron flare =-.

4. Merissa Revestir commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Exciting! What great opportunities to snap travel photos! :) And…SHOPPING! Have fun!
    .-= Merissa Revestir´s last blog ..Playing with collage: =-.

5. Chloe Heston commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Smile. I love you Holly. Its fun to see you relishing all that attention. :)

Oh and poor you, having to shop and use up all those old gift cards. ;)

6. Jessie commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 2:27pm

very jealous of all gift cards you have to spend! have a lovely weekend relaxing :)
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..First Post! =-.

7. fresh365 commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 2:51pm

I am so excited for you! The best part is you are not leaving us and we get to take this amazing journey with you! Have a wonderful time with your friends and family this weekend

8. decor8 commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 3:20pm

Chloe yes poor, poor me. he he ;)

9. hoganfe handmade handbag originals commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Enjoy your weekend & the last of your moving – best wishes on the move!

mary
    .-= hoganfe handmade handbag originals´s last blog ..Wow one of my bags is featured… =-.

10. CherryTreeLane commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 5:54pm

Have a wonderful time!
    .-= CherryTreeLane´s last blog ..a book for my coffee table… want. so. bad. =-.

11. rhiannon bingham commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Holly,

I love you’re blog and your eternal cheerfulness, I found you when I first moved from England to the US (first NY state, now colorado) and you have become a very enjoyable part of my life here.
    My boyfriend asks me each time we move if I’m “up for another adventure”…I say yes why not and we’re off…we’ve moved 5 times within England, 3 x to the US and 1 to scotland. (thats in 12 years)

Moving is a strange and wonderful thing, firstly tinged with fear of the unknown, then excitement of arriving at your new destination and choosing your new home, then finally the feeling of ‘I’ve feel like I’ve been here forever’ and all of a sudden it feels like home.

You’ll miss your friends and family and sometimes you miss, areas, shops, things you use to do, nights sky’s in certain places and the smell of the air, but the world is so small, friend and family can be close by thanks to technology, they even visit (for months at a time) its not so bad.

Enjoy your new ‘Adventure’
    I’m sure you’ll make it a wonderful one.

Can’t wait to read all the new posts form your new pad.

Rhiannon

12. maureen lynne commented
    July 24th, 2009 at 9:07pm

i love the various shades of lavender used on the dining table….and i also like the candle selection from l’occitane……love your blog too…. :)
    .-= maureen lynne´s last blog ..violet images =-.

13. Pip Lincolne commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 4:13am

Okay Holly! Meet you back here! I’ll bring a cup of tea and a biscuit. See you Wednesday our time! xx

14. ROOM design studio commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 10:39am

Holy I’m so happy for you! but for some reason , I just feel like I’m gonna miss you.. I’m worried that it wont be the same on Decor8.. ? I wish you all the best…. and Lovley idea of buying presents to friends ! this is sweet! L’occtaine is awsome for home! I bet you can find it pretty cheap in Germany
    .-= ROOM design studio´s last blog ..Another Kitchen Garden =-.

15. decor8 commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 12:00pm

ROOM – Ah no worries, it will change for the better as I feel like I’ve had little ability to be creative over the past 8 months… I’m not very inspired living here in New Hampshire — though it’s a lovely state I really need to be back in the city again and have more opportunity to travel and live IN the scenarios I write about vs. living on the outside looking in. Plus, it’s been a dream of mine for many years to live abroad and I can’t help but think the life changes involved will have a positive impact on my life. I think if anything, my life though insignificant in the grand scheme of things, can still be an inspiration to others. I’ve overcome a lot to reach goals and make it as a freelancer and I think that my example can positively impact others who read decor8 — to see that the girl who once sat in an office cubicle with plans up her sleeve DID something with those plans… and anyone else can reach their individual goals too no matter what size or how unattainable they sometimes appear.

Everything changes, nothing stays the same and in my eyes, shouldn’t. If something stays the same it starts to stagnate. I want to evolve, and my blog will evolve with me. :) :)

16. decor8 commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 12:05pm

Rhiannon – What a nice comment, I love that you’ve shared your story with me. Thank you. I cannot believe how often you’ve moved — that’s something else. You must be a packing pro. I admire your adventurous spirit, I think it’s a great trait to have and keeps you young and happy for a very long time. :)

17. Iva commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 12:26pm

I love it how excited you are! You’re right – there are only few occasions on which we get all the attention and that are just so memorable. Hope everything goes well and can’t wait for you to share more from the new place :) xo
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Happy weekend! =-.

18. Kate commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 1:11pm

Good luck with your move Holly!

PS. I posted pics from my cheap apartment interior decoration challenge and would love for you to take a peek http://www.mrkate.com/blog

Bon Voyage – kate

19. ami commented
    July 25th, 2009 at 4:53pm

20. Hazel commented
    July 26th, 2009 at 3:18pm

I am excited and jealous about your move. What a great experience. Wish we’d done this 10 years ago.
    .-= Hazel´s last blog ..Misia – Another Red-headed Muse – Part Two =-.

21. Megan commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 4:35am

What an exciting time for you. I’m sure you will have a ball and i look forward to the European influance on your blog entries.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Treehouse Restaurant =-.

22. Jeanne commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 5:18am

Have a wonderful move…I hope everything goes smoothly.
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Happy Anniversary And A Giveaway =-.

23. paperinstyle commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 6:52am

good luck with your move! L’occitane, my favorite as well :)
    .-= paperinstyle´s last blog ..personalized wedding favor tags. set of 8 =-.

24. Pixie commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 7:04am

Hope you have a blast! And remember to enjoy it all, I know moving can be stressful,I can only imagine moving to another country. Have a great vacation.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..Living for the Weekend =-.

25. Rebekah commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 10:19am

We’re moving on August 24th and it’s so exciting! Have a blast!

26. Magchunk commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 11:56am

You’re probably packing up right now! I’m planning to move in the fall (just about half an hour away, not a huge deal), and I also find the process refreshing. Love cleaning out my things, visiting with friends (not like they won’t be able to visit my new place), and inspired by the possibility of new space to decorate, of course! I love packing too, probably because I never moved as a child and it still feels like an adventure!
    .-= Magchunk´s last blog ..Happy Monday =-.

27. Ivory Pearl Interiors commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 4:05pm

I hope you had a great weekend!

28. Heather commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 6:38pm

You’ve probably already seen this website, but (just in case!!) I saw that you’re moving to Germany and it’s a blog by a lady who moved from the U.S. to Germany about (I think) a year or so ago. She’s done a great job of documenting all of the little differences over there and she’s just a doll. Anyways, I thought it might be helpful. Just google ‘Making This Home’, her name is Katie :) Good luck with your move!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Things That Inspire: Paying It Forward =-.

29. decor8 commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 7:42pm

Heather thank you so much — I actually know Katie — I met her and her husband last September in Berlin. They are the nicest couple and I’ve been following her blog for the past few months — it’s been very helpful, you’re right. Thank you!

30. gabriellevalentine commented
    July 27th, 2009 at 9:20pm

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Glad you are feeling better about moving!!! Love the photos!
    .-= gabriellevalentine´s last blog ..Sometimes We Drive. And Sing. And Pretend To Be Oompa Loompas. =-.

31. macy commented
    July 28th, 2009 at 9:24am

inspires me to go to the kitchen and whip up something! lol.
    .-= macy´s last blog ..Awoooooo =-.

32. Elizabeth commented
    July 28th, 2009 at 3:09pm

Best wishes, Holly, from a new (and newly devoted) reader! I hope all goes well! I am preparing to move myself (but only from one side of the city to the other) and have truly appreciated all of the design and decor inspiration you generously share.

Many thanks!
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Today: Fight the Frizz =-.

33. sarah commented
    July 28th, 2009 at 5:59pm

Best wishes on the ne adventure. It’s great to change things up every now and then.
    Love the monochromatic purple flowers on the canvas colour table cloth.
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Stamping Bella =-.

34. alex*strawberry lemonade commented
    July 29th, 2009 at 10:35am

Oh Holly, you have such a wonderful positive outlook always! That’s what I love about you. How fun that you’re getting to see so many friend before you leave.

I’ve only mad a few moves in my life. San Diego to Michigan. Michigan to Cambridge. Cambridge to San Francisco. And here I am. I feel like a move will be in our future, having Wolfie I want to live in a more affordable area with better public schools, more space. California is AMAZING….so beautiful and funky and cool. But man is it expensive out here. I think we are worse than NY now. Argh!

So you always manage to toss in an little extra tidbit to your stories that is a side story but always gets me interesting. I love L’Occitaine….the lavender is sooo good, i love their hand cream in winter…but this candied fruit home perfume??? I’ve never heard of it. As the page was loading I could see the name, but not the description and it sounded much sweeter than what I thought you would like. But the description sounds SO YUM!!!! WoW!!!! I have to track it down now!!
    xoxo
    .-= alex*strawberry lemonade´s last blog ..It’s late and I’m tired. =-.