Caravan Inspiration

I just received the most fabulous email from Erika at Miko Design in Holland with caravan inspiration for us all. This is so darling for the backyard, your heart will simply swell… Look at these photos! It’s a playhouse for her daughters complete with a kitchen and living room. Awwww.

Miko Design

Miko Design

Miko Design

Don’t you want one for your yard now too? Erika’s daughters are so lucky, can you imagine having something this cool as a child? I made playhouses out of cardboard boxes — I liked to collect them from the sidewalk whenever someone got a new appliance and left their gigantic box on the curb… but a kiddie caravan? Nope, never had one of these. Erika is one cool mommy.

(images: miko design)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on July 30, 2009

1. Camilla commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:17am

oh how cool. I want one too.
    .-= Camilla´s last blog ..Japanske interiør bøker =-.

2. Maddy commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:22am

That is so incredibly adorable! Oh, I wish I had one of those when I was a kid…
    .-= Maddy´s last blog ..Maddy on OSBP: Beautiful Envelopes on a Budget =-.

3. Uncle Beefy commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:23am

Play house? How ’bout dream house?!! I’d totally live in there! I might even keep it clean! ;)

4. Vicki commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:28am

haha that’s nicer than my flat!…and being in London it’s roughly the same amount of floor space! :)
    .-= Vicki´s last blog ..Topshop Totes =-.

5. Yansy commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:29am

The little girl inside me wants to come out and play. Love it!
    .-= Yansy´s last blog ..In a Parisian State of Mind- Teo Jasmin =-.

6. Patrizia commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:57am

This is adorable! I want one to play in toooooo
    .-= Patrizia´s last blog ..B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful =-.

7. Laura Gaskill commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Oh, I would LOVE to create something half this gorgeous when I have children!! Such a magical little world she has created. Sigh.
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Daily Mood: Cool Blues & White =-.

8. leslie commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 12:18pm

That’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..The last few frames =-.

9. Tekesia commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:08pm

how cute is that!! I love it!
    .-= Tekesia´s last blog ..serenity =-.

10. Cathie commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:09pm

I would want one of these now, if I had a backyard. Very cute!
    .-= Cathie´s last blog ..etsy: stapler =-.

11. alex*strawberry lemonade commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:18pm

That is the CUTEST thing i have ever seen…I would have DIED to have one for myself as a little girl!!
    .-= alex*strawberry lemonade´s last blog ..It’s a Mad Mad World =-.

12. Irene commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:31pm

Beautiful!Thank you for sharing!

13. decor8 commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 1:37pm

Ha Alex! If I had a caravan like that as a child I may not have ever left the house, got married, and moved on with life. I would still be in that darn caravan!!! For sure!!!

14. Pixie commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 2:48pm

This brings back memories! Mine wasn’t a cool looking caravan but I had a great little playhouse with a porch, window, and my dad ran electricity to it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t decorated and just had late 70s early 80s faux wood paneling.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..Tendonitis vs The Cortisone Shot =-.

15. Little Lovables commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 2:55pm

what a charming space!!

16. viv commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 8:27pm

This is adorable, I wish I live there, if I had all that environment for playing when I was a little girl i think I would have turned out just happy for life!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..You Deserve a Star =-.

17. nik commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 8:37pm

LOVE! Her daughters will always know how to surround themselves with beauty because of the lovely space she has created for them! Oh once again I’m inspired: )

18. Cookie Cutter commented
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:37pm

Swoon! I’ll trade my room now for that beautiful playhouse!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Nihon Ikimashio! Part 4 =-.

19. Anna commented
    July 31st, 2009 at 5:58am

I love this! I just bumped into your bog a week ago…and will read on from now on. Thanks for the great ideas and sharing cool stuff :-) have a nice weekend!

20. Paper InStyle commented
    July 31st, 2009 at 8:39am

This is GREAT! I love every little detail.
    .-= Paper InStyle´s last blog ..personalized wedding favor tags. set of 8 =-.

21. Marie commented
    July 31st, 2009 at 8:42am

How gorgeous, I’d love one of these as my office, what lucky girls!
    .-= Marie´s last blog ..Free Downloads {Part 2} =-.

22. Elisabeth commented
    July 31st, 2009 at 11:07am

What a great idea, It’s so cute !!!

23. Courtney Chesley commented
    August 10th, 2009 at 1:28pm

I always wanted my own playhouse- I still do! Love this (:
    .-= Courtney Chesley´s last blog ..Gonna Make You Sweat =-.