Etsy Faves

Hello Victory: Biology Charts

July 30, 2009

Kate from Hello Victory just told me about these amazing vintage biology charts from Germany that she now stocks in her shop. Check these out! My husband had these in school growing up and now they’re in homes as art. I personally love the soft colors…

Hello Victory: Biology Charts

I remember back when I posted about the Jung-Koch-Quentell charts a few years back (here) you guys were dying to find an affordable source in the states so Kate just may be your girl!

(images: hello victory)

• Reply blue bicicletta July 30, 2009 at 3:47 pm

What a cool idea! I love all of the alternative ideas for wall hangings that are happening now—wallpaper, fabric, charts—anything you can think of!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..The Quit Your Day Job Button Celebration! =-.

• Reply susy July 30, 2009 at 3:57 pm

i adore kate! her shop is one of my absolute faves and she is a total sweetie. she has a great eye!
    .-= susy´s last blog ..MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS { posters } =-.

• Reply Shanon July 30, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Kate is the best! She’s such a friendly and warm spirited person, and I love that she’s from Minnesota too! =) Isn’t her shop the best? And such gorgeous shots of these charts.
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..John Wayne likes Links =-.

• Reply kate July 30, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Thank you so much! When I first came upon these my heart skipped a few beats! My mom is also from Germany and she said she had the same ones in her school too! I’m definitely hanging one up in my house. I just need to pick which one!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Illustrated German Pull Down Biology Chart (Development of the Frog) =-.

• Reply Kim July 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm

These are so creepy! Haha Cool…but creepy! =P
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Swimming In The Rain =-.

• Reply Callie July 30, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I want it! I need it! I have to have it!

• Reply tyna July 30, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Wow – what a great look! And it totally adds a curveball to the room. I also love that multi fabric chair.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie July 30, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Love her shop! And of course a Minnesota gal is the best kind as well :) The photos she took of these are just perfect! I can totally picture them in a home. What a cool find!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..The Last Few Weeks =-.

• Reply carol July 30, 2009 at 10:05 pm

quite beautiful… definitely eerie but a great mood piece for a room.
    her room setting photography is perfect.

• Reply Elyse July 30, 2009 at 11:06 pm

Oh my god, YES. Perfection.

• Reply CherryTreeLane July 30, 2009 at 11:31 pm

these are grand!
    .-= CherryTreeLane´s last blog ..Day Four-Washington D.C =-.

• Reply cindy July 31, 2009 at 12:54 am

these are too cool for school! i love the one with the lungs.
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..Dreaming of Mexico…My Lonely Planet Purchase =-.

• Reply Toby July 31, 2009 at 7:28 am

I bought two American educational posters for my brother in law the geneticist. They showed meiosis and mitosis. I thought they were so cool. Then again, I am a physician.
    Love your blog… you are an inspiration!
    .-= Toby´s last blog ..Refuah shleima, Michael =-.

• Reply michelle July 31, 2009 at 7:57 am

perfect for a science nerd like myself
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Think Pink! =-.

• Reply Margarita July 31, 2009 at 7:57 am

I want one for my house! I am off to search for this educative vintage posters. So cool!!
    .-= Margarita´s last blog ..Harriot Smith gorgeous work =-.

• Reply visualingual July 31, 2009 at 8:05 am

Gorgeous! Along similar lines, we have six oology [egg] illustrations hanging above our bed; you can see them on Flickr.
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Over-the-Rhine Building Footprint Print =-.

• Reply Fee July 31, 2009 at 8:18 am

We had them in school just about 17 years ago :-)!
    .-= Fee´s last blog ..Glückskinder und Wimmelbilder à la Fee =-.

• Reply samantha hahn July 31, 2009 at 8:42 am

omg….I love these so much!!! I’ve been looking for a really good one…One that’s not creepy or too science-y. Maybe more along the botanical lines or even insect. Gotta go check this out more now. Good find.
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..New work sneak preview: Midcentury chair prints =-.

• Reply samantha hahn July 31, 2009 at 8:48 am

ohhhh, found some really great ones on ebay….

gotta wait till we move to a bigger apt though!!