Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Hi Everyone! Marichelle here from Heart Handmade and Wunderlust filling in for Holly as she makes her way across the Atlantic and then some. Really ballsy move right?? I’m SO jealous!! (but very, very excited for her and Tee.) Alright let’s get this Etsy Take Five Tuesdays rollin’ shall we?

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

1. Warsaw Made is a one woman operation and by the looks of things in her shop, Luren Jenison runs a pretty tight ship! I love her rustic utilitarian style and the best part is that it’s all surprisingly affordable! I’ve got my eye on the Farm Tote and the Grocery Sacks (comes in a great little pouch of its own).

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

2. Kristen, the creator of Moontea Artwork lives on a hay farm with a creek, an old barn and an orchard. Oh and if that wasn’t inspiring enough, it’s also just 30 minutes away from a brewery on the beach! And she owns 7 llamas…. Erm exactly! Who’s coming with me? Kristen, so is that the secret to creating a wonderful line of handprinted accessories and homewares? I’m a huge fan of the Lavender Sachets, you can never have too many of these! I stuff them in my drawers, keep them on my desk, by the windows, everywhere!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

3. Osoo… oh Osoo! The original paintings were done with pencil and watercolor. The details are unbelievable, the colors mesmerizing. You really have to go to the shop to check out the larger images, especially the Butterfly! Beautiful.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

4. Looking to do something creative? HyeKyung’s Nothing Elegant shop never fails to inspire. She stocks THE cutest stamps, deco tapes, stationery and desk accessories. How cute is that matchbook post-it note set for instance? Or the Antique Rubber Stamp Kit?

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

5. Let’s face it, there are a TON of jewelry shops on Etsy and the shops just keep comin’. Amy Olson’s designs were an immediate stand out and I couldn’t wait to share her work with everyone. Simply alluring! A punch of color is quietly tucked just so in each of the pieces, portraying a nice balance between bold and delicate. And not to mention the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G product shots!!!

Hope you saw a few of your favorites and discovered a couple of new ones! Holly will be back next week, reporting from her new hive and since I had the toughest time editing this down to just five I’ve decided to post some of my other picks on Heart Handmade today. Hope you enjoy them! Bye everyone! – Marichelle

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday, guest bloggers on August 04, 2009

1. Tricia McKellar commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:11am

Marichelle, these are lovely picks! Thanks so much for alerting me to these goodies. So glad to find you on decor8– I’ll have to go check out your sites :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Summer, 24×30 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar =-.

2. Victoria Klein commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:12am

So many great finds! I just added 4 sellers to my Favorites list :D

3. Sasha K. commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:16am

Osoo’s paintings are gorgeous. I’m already a big fan of Nothing Elegant’s stuff. So cute.
    .-= Sasha K.´s last blog ..Craigslist is for Lovers… and Artists =-.

4. Liz Smith (madeinlowell) commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:23am

Oh these are all completely charming, but I have to *squee* with delight at your choosing the delightful Amy Olson! Not only are her creations thoughtful and beautiful and her photos lovely, she is a delightful human! yay :)
    .-= Liz Smith (madeinlowell)´s last blog ..Vending at Art in the Courtyard, Lowell Folk Festival 2009 =-.

5. yael commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:31am

loooooove everything from nothing elegant
    .-= yael´s last blog ..BRAVE – wooden brooch =-.

6. Rachel B. commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:44am

Gorgeous jewelry! I’ve had my eye on a few of those pieces for a while!!
    .-= Rachel B.´s last blog ..A Happy Announcement! =-.

7. Amy commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 11:58am

Great finds! Marichelle = rock star!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..I’ve found my dream shoes… =-.

8. Jade commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:09pm

What an amazing selection! That jewelry is making me swoooon. :)
    .-= Jade´s last blog ..Peridots in August (Please Do Not Pronounce the "t" and I Will Love You FOREVER) =-.

9. Sophie @ Century Finds commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:10pm

I am in love! With all of them… thanks for the great picks!
    .-= Sophie @ Century Finds´s last blog ..Faded Summer Memories =-.

10. Clementine Cassie commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:15pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous picks, Marichelle! And I’m so glad to see Amy Olson getting some much-deserved props. She’s got such a great eye and lovely designs.

11. Shanon commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:21pm

Great stuff! It’s so cool to see someone else’s Etsy Take Five Tuesday. I don’t know what it is, the unexpectedness? I can’t say. But thanks for introducing some great shops!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..A story of good light & my impatience =-.

12. RJ commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:34pm

love love love your finds, marichelle! esp osoo!

13. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Oh, these are just fantastic hun! NOW, I see what you mean about “must be something in the jersey water” :) hee hee. So funny! These are fantastic picks, wonderful!
    xo
    Melis

14. Lyndsay commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 3:26pm

How cute are those hanging heart pillows from Moontea?! LOVE
    .-= Lyndsay´s last blog ..Pretty Tools of the Trade: Dove Pincushion =-.

15. Laura commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 3:34pm

Gorgeous selections Marichelle. especially loving osoo’s paintings.
    thank you for sharing these.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..The Knots Headband in Palest Peach =-.

16. decor8 commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 3:57pm

Shanon – Would you like to fill in for me next Tuesday? I’m not even kidding, it would be wonderful. Let me know!

17. decor8 commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 4:01pm

Marichelle – You did a beautiful job on this today, thank you so much for stopping by!!!

18. andrea commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 4:52pm

Great picks, beautiful jewelry. There is a lot of things on ETSY agreed, a bit overwhelming. I found another great jewelry designer on there, I thought I would give her some props. Jackie Robinson from redbench.etsy.com, very cool and recycled. Love, love…

19. Kim commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 6:23pm

Wow! I LOVE the painting of the butterfly! It’s stunning!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What A Great Day For Some Shopping =-.

20. Cookie Cutter commented
    August 4th, 2009 at 8:56pm

Wonderful finds!! I have my eyes on the set of rubber stamps!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Nihon Ikimashio! Part 6 =-.

21. viv commented
    August 5th, 2009 at 6:50am

wow… you’re good at finding the most unique items, love it!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..Baby Owl in blue =-.

22. Marichelle commented
    August 5th, 2009 at 9:02am

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments! I’m so glad that a few of you found some new Etsy favorites. Holly, have a safe trip across. I can’t wait to hear all about your new adventure! x Marichelle
    .-= Marichelle´s last blog ..I Feel Pretty =-.

23. Luren commented
    August 5th, 2009 at 11:09pm

Hey,
    This is Luren Jenison, writing to correct your Take Five Tuesday post about my friend Elsa. Elsa Shadley is the mastermind, designer, and fabricator behind Warsaw, the beautiful collection of bags you featured. If you wouldn’t mind correcting this in your article, I would appreciate it! Give credit where credit is due! I collaborated with Elsa on some prints, and there should be some more in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!
    Best,
    Luren

24. Clare Farthing commented
    August 6th, 2009 at 7:44am

Love the paintings – really inspiring and the designs from Moontea.

I would like to know whether there’s a blog about new and emerging designs trends please.

Thanks
    Clare
    .-= Clare Farthing´s last blog ..New Fine Bone China Mugs inspired by historial mat =-.