Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

August 4, 2009

Hi Everyone! Marichelle here from Heart Handmade and Wunderlust filling in for Holly as she makes her way across the Atlantic and then some. Really ballsy move right?? I’m SO jealous!! (but very, very excited for her and Tee.) Alright let’s get this Etsy Take Five Tuesdays rollin’ shall we?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

1. Warsaw Made is a one woman operation and by the looks of things in her shop, Luren Jenison runs a pretty tight ship! I love her rustic utilitarian style and the best part is that it’s all surprisingly affordable! I’ve got my eye on the Farm Tote and the Grocery Sacks (comes in a great little pouch of its own).

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

2. Kristen, the creator of Moontea Artwork lives on a hay farm with a creek, an old barn and an orchard. Oh and if that wasn’t inspiring enough, it’s also just 30 minutes away from a brewery on the beach! And she owns 7 llamas…. Erm exactly! Who’s coming with me? Kristen, so is that the secret to creating a wonderful line of handprinted accessories and homewares? I’m a huge fan of the Lavender Sachets, you can never have too many of these! I stuff them in my drawers, keep them on my desk, by the windows, everywhere!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

3. Osoo… oh Osoo! The original paintings were done with pencil and watercolor. The details are unbelievable, the colors mesmerizing. You really have to go to the shop to check out the larger images, especially the Butterfly! Beautiful.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

4. Looking to do something creative? HyeKyung’s Nothing Elegant shop never fails to inspire. She stocks THE cutest stamps, deco tapes, stationery and desk accessories. How cute is that matchbook post-it note set for instance? Or the Antique Rubber Stamp Kit?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

5. Let’s face it, there are a TON of jewelry shops on Etsy and the shops just keep comin’. Amy Olson’s designs were an immediate stand out and I couldn’t wait to share her work with everyone. Simply alluring! A punch of color is quietly tucked just so in each of the pieces, portraying a nice balance between bold and delicate. And not to mention the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G product shots!!!

Hope you saw a few of your favorites and discovered a couple of new ones! Holly will be back next week, reporting from her new hive and since I had the toughest time editing this down to just five I’ve decided to post some of my other picks on Heart Handmade today. Hope you enjoy them! Bye everyone! – Marichelle

(images linked to their sources above)

• Reply Tricia McKellar August 4, 2009 at 11:11 am

Marichelle, these are lovely picks! Thanks so much for alerting me to these goodies. So glad to find you on decor8– I’ll have to go check out your sites :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Summer, 24×30 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar =-.

• Reply Victoria Klein August 4, 2009 at 11:12 am

So many great finds! I just added 4 sellers to my Favorites list :D

• Reply Sasha K. August 4, 2009 at 11:16 am

Osoo’s paintings are gorgeous. I’m already a big fan of Nothing Elegant’s stuff. So cute.
    .-= Sasha K.´s last blog ..Craigslist is for Lovers… and Artists =-.

• Reply Liz Smith (madeinlowell) August 4, 2009 at 11:23 am

Oh these are all completely charming, but I have to *squee* with delight at your choosing the delightful Amy Olson! Not only are her creations thoughtful and beautiful and her photos lovely, she is a delightful human! yay :)
    .-= Liz Smith (madeinlowell)´s last blog ..Vending at Art in the Courtyard, Lowell Folk Festival 2009 =-.

• Reply yael August 4, 2009 at 11:31 am

loooooove everything from nothing elegant
    .-= yael´s last blog ..BRAVE – wooden brooch =-.

• Reply Rachel B. August 4, 2009 at 11:44 am

Gorgeous jewelry! I’ve had my eye on a few of those pieces for a while!!
    .-= Rachel B.´s last blog ..A Happy Announcement! =-.

• Reply Amy August 4, 2009 at 11:58 am

Great finds! Marichelle = rock star!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..I’ve found my dream shoes… =-.

• Reply Jade August 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm

What an amazing selection! That jewelry is making me swoooon. :)
    .-= Jade´s last blog ..Peridots in August (Please Do Not Pronounce the "t" and I Will Love You FOREVER) =-.

• Reply Sophie @ Century Finds August 4, 2009 at 12:10 pm

I am in love! With all of them… thanks for the great picks!
    .-= Sophie @ Century Finds´s last blog ..Faded Summer Memories =-.

• Reply Clementine Cassie August 4, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous picks, Marichelle! And I’m so glad to see Amy Olson getting some much-deserved props. She’s got such a great eye and lovely designs.

• Reply Shanon August 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Great stuff! It’s so cool to see someone else’s Etsy Take Five Tuesday. I don’t know what it is, the unexpectedness? I can’t say. But thanks for introducing some great shops!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..A story of good light & my impatience =-.

• Reply RJ August 4, 2009 at 12:34 pm

love love love your finds, marichelle! esp osoo!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 4, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Oh, these are just fantastic hun! NOW, I see what you mean about “must be something in the jersey water” :) hee hee. So funny! These are fantastic picks, wonderful!

• Reply Lyndsay August 4, 2009 at 3:26 pm

How cute are those hanging heart pillows from Moontea?! LOVE
    .-= Lyndsay´s last blog ..Pretty Tools of the Trade: Dove Pincushion =-.

• Reply Laura August 4, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Gorgeous selections Marichelle. especially loving osoo’s paintings.
    thank you for sharing these.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..The Knots Headband in Palest Peach =-.

• Reply decor8 August 4, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Shanon – Would you like to fill in for me next Tuesday? I’m not even kidding, it would be wonderful. Let me know!

• Reply decor8 August 4, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Marichelle – You did a beautiful job on this today, thank you so much for stopping by!!!

• Reply andrea August 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Great picks, beautiful jewelry. There is a lot of things on ETSY agreed, a bit overwhelming. I found another great jewelry designer on there, I thought I would give her some props. Jackie Robinson from, very cool and recycled. Love, love…

• Reply Kim August 4, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow! I LOVE the painting of the butterfly! It’s stunning!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What A Great Day For Some Shopping =-.

• Reply Cookie Cutter August 4, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Wonderful finds!! I have my eyes on the set of rubber stamps!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Nihon Ikimashio! Part 6 =-.

• Reply viv August 5, 2009 at 6:50 am

wow… you’re good at finding the most unique items, love it!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..Baby Owl in blue =-.

• Reply Marichelle August 5, 2009 at 9:02 am

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments! I’m so glad that a few of you found some new Etsy favorites. Holly, have a safe trip across. I can’t wait to hear all about your new adventure! x Marichelle
    .-= Marichelle´s last blog ..I Feel Pretty =-.

• Reply Luren August 5, 2009 at 11:09 pm

This is Luren Jenison, writing to correct your Take Five Tuesday post about my friend Elsa. Elsa Shadley is the mastermind, designer, and fabricator behind Warsaw, the beautiful collection of bags you featured. If you wouldn’t mind correcting this in your article, I would appreciate it! Give credit where credit is due! I collaborated with Elsa on some prints, and there should be some more in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!

• Reply Clare Farthing August 6, 2009 at 7:44 am

Love the paintings – really inspiring and the designs from Moontea.

I would like to know whether there’s a blog about new and emerging designs trends please.

.-= Clare Farthing´s last blog ..New Fine Bone China Mugs inspired by historial mat =-.