PaPaYa’s New Workspace!

August 11, 2009

If you fear color or your boss insists on keeping the office boring, show them this post and get inspired! I thought you may enjoy seeing the new offices of American lifestyle, stationery, and gift designer PaPaYa!, they are so lovely that I just had to pop in and share this gorgeous inspirational workspace in Oregon with you before it makes it rounds all over the web. PaPaYa! just launched a new blog with contributors and designers Anahata Katkin, Sabrina Ward Harrison, Kathleen Rossi, and a few of their co-workers. Isn’t this space amazing? Ready to drool?

Very fancy warehouse…

PaPaYas New Workspace!

More views of the warehouse.

Orders department

PaPaYas New Workspace!

So what do you think of these office spaces? The overall theme? Could you work in an environment like this one or do you prefer another look or feel? Personally, I think it fits their brand perfectly so it really works for them — there is no doubt the moment you step into this office space that it belongs to the creative minds behind PaPaYa! Thanks PaPaYa! for debuting your office on decor8 — I appreciate it and I know everyone else here does too.

(images: PaPaYa!)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Carrie S. August 11, 2009 at 10:30 am

This is the most gorgeous workspace I’ve ever seen! I’ve been drooling over the photos since they blogged it last week! I want to work there too!
    .-= Carrie S.´s last blog ..And the winner is…. =-.

• Reply Lucy August 11, 2009 at 10:45 am

Stunning… x
    .-= Lucy´s last blog ..Missoni – Daring to be Different =-.

• Reply erin August 11, 2009 at 10:45 am

I love this work space. Was that a Sabrina Ward Harrison painting of the girl on brown paper? I love the colors and the prints and the light and airy feeling in the entire space.
    .-= erin´s last blog ..Cookie Flower Bouquet =-.

• Reply Kira August 11, 2009 at 10:46 am

This office is absolutely stunning! If I worked there I would be more than happy to go to work. In the future I would like to open up my own Lifestyle Photography business, and I would feel inspired daily if I was working in an office more like this than a typical office! Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Kira´s last blog ..For 2 Days =-.

• Reply Petra- Designfragment August 11, 2009 at 10:55 am

The fabrics! The wallpaper! The curved sofa!
    I gasping for air here- no more posts like this, please? ;)
    .-= Petra- Designfragment´s last blog ..Förändra med vinyl och en dos humor =-.

• Reply Kim - The TomKat Studio August 11, 2009 at 10:55 am

OH MY! Absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the beautiful chandeliers and the fancy cut wood! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kim – The TomKat Studio´s last blog ..Back to School: DIY Printable Thank You Cards ~ Perfect for Teachers! =-.

• Reply cdelphine August 11, 2009 at 10:57 am

wow, that is so cool. I love the doorway in the second pic
    .-= cdelphine´s last blog ..(Untitled) =-.

• Reply Kim August 11, 2009 at 11:01 am

Oh. My. Wow.
    Everything is perfect!
    I can only dream of working in an office such as this!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Country Air =-.

• Reply molly August 11, 2009 at 11:05 am

What a lovely workspace! Even the warehouse portion of the space is beautiful!
    .-= molly´s last blog ..Happy Birthday to…. me! =-.

• Reply Pikaland August 11, 2009 at 11:05 am

oh my gosh. her workplace is to die for!
    .-= Pikaland´s last blog ..Giveaway #4: Milks & Eggs Co. T-shirt [1] =-.

• Reply Katie August 11, 2009 at 11:07 am

wow, really gorgeous – especially love the chandeliers. Our warehouse now feels so inadequate in comparison to this…
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Image of the day – kick back and relax! =-.

• Reply elizabeth August 11, 2009 at 11:08 am

Does anybody know the fabric name for the brown and white graphic print that is on the chairs in the photo that shows the arched doorway?

• Reply tiffany August 11, 2009 at 11:09 am

Wow!! This space is amazing! I would be so happy to get to come to a place like this every day to work. Well done, PaPaYa!
    .-= tiffany´s last blog ..to drive the point home =-.

• Reply Shanon August 11, 2009 at 11:12 am

I’m dying! Love it. If I had extra rooms in my house, they’d be just like these rooms. And I had just mentioned on your other post about my favorite color combination being mustard yellow and salmon pink, and voila! Here it is! Love it Holly! Love it PaPaYa!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..What’s been growing…. (part 2) =-.

• Reply Sarah August 11, 2009 at 11:13 am

Wow, those curtains! I need more windows and more rooms – those are all great curtains.

• Reply Lindsey August 11, 2009 at 11:14 am

Wow, that is pretty much a perfect office! The office of my dreams! thanks so much for sharing!

{ Lindsey }
    .-= Lindsey´s last blog ..ban.DO! =-.

• Reply Nuit August 11, 2009 at 11:20 am

Wow Holly! this place is THE perfect workspace! I would love to work there!!! the colors, the patterns, the fabrics, all gorgeous!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..A Weekend Project… =-.

• Reply Katrina August 11, 2009 at 11:20 am

Absolutely WOW! Forget working there, I want to live there!

• Reply Samantha August 11, 2009 at 11:27 am

Beautiful! Could I work in it? Maybe. Could I hang out in it feeling all fancy and gorgeous and just-popped-in-from-Marrakesh-y? Definitely.
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..I feel pretty, oh so pretty =-.

• Reply Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog August 11, 2009 at 11:31 am

That’s my kind of warehouse! I would love to work in a beautiful, creative environment like this, but I’m not so sure software developers would be on board ;). Great inspiration for a home office though!
    .-= Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog´s last blog ..Thrifty Tip… Finding Deals at the Dollar Store =-.

• Reply pam August 11, 2009 at 11:32 am

I think I would have to get a job here even if it means wasting my degree on getting coffee for the receptionist. Amazing and inspiring.
    .-= pam´s last blog ..blue dreams necklace =-.

• Reply Melanie August 11, 2009 at 11:37 am

The fabrics!! Where do I find those fabrics!! Especially the white and brown fabrics in the second photo (chair and ottomans)!! Please let me know!

• Reply leaca August 11, 2009 at 11:55 am

I love all the bright colors.
    .-= leaca´s last blog ..simply polaroid–weekly shot =-.

• Reply kate August 11, 2009 at 11:56 am

oh goodness…I love the desk and that luxurious red tufted sofa. I would love, love, love to work in this space!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Tear Sheet Tuesday: Double Beds =-.

• Reply leni August 11, 2009 at 12:10 pm

i love the chandeliers in the warehouse! perhaps i will put on in my garage!!
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Hello Tuesday, please be a productive and fun day! =-.

• Reply Flavia August 11, 2009 at 12:15 pm

What a gorgeous workspace! I want to work there too! My office is nice and modern, but has no color…
    .-= Flavia´s last blog ..The Home Office – Complete! =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie August 11, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Wow! I would have a smile all day working there. Now I’m daydreaming about working in an office space that is much more exciting that my boring academic job setting.
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Day Trip to Chicago =-.

• Reply Tiffany August 11, 2009 at 12:39 pm

To be surrounded by stationery, paper and art and then have it all displayed and stored in a place as lovely as this?! Is it heaven? I’m not sure. In the words of Liz Lemon, “I want to go to there”!

Can they share the details of the chandeliers and the fabric on the chairs & ottomans?

• Reply Jennifer August 11, 2009 at 12:40 pm

I could totally work in an environment like that! I’m a firm believer of your work being a product of your surroundings! I would love my house to look like that let alone my place of work!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Betty Brader: Fashion Illustrator =-.

• Reply anahata August 11, 2009 at 12:49 pm

I thought I would leave a tip to respond to the comments here. Many of the furniture was purchased through our local designers at Terra Firma Home. They can help people locate fabrics and furnishings.
    http://terrafirmahome.com/ The woman we work with and who will know our pieces & fabrics is Nora LaBrocca. Hope this helps and thank you for a beautiful post!
    .-= anahata´s last blog ..Artist Crush: Grady McFerrin =-.

• Reply Dagny @ Beautiful Living August 11, 2009 at 12:49 pm

LOVE your selection! Thanks for a great post!
    .-= Dagny @ Beautiful Living´s last blog ..A dramatic turn of events for the sunburst mirror / Det falt ned! =-.

• Reply Sandra@Botany's August 11, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Oh my!! I am so not a colors person, but I have always carried their line in my shop because everything is so darn beautiful. I want them to come to my shop and decorate.

• Reply Mily August 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm

What an inspirational space. I especially love that sunburst mirror…never seen anything like it!
    .-= Mily´s last blog ..Herb gardeners who work extra get thyme and a half =-.

• Reply katie August 11, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I fell in love with Papaya in February when I found some of her notecards in a little store in Kauai on my honeymoon!!! I love that she is from the northwest, I love her office spaces (i am trying not to be jealous!) I would work there any day! It would make me want to come to work! LOVE IT! thanks for sharing! xoxox katie
    .-= katie´s last blog ..15 Minutes of Fame =-.

• Reply Jason Thompson August 11, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Oh my! What an amazing office. And I can say the entire crew over at Papaya! deserves all their wonderful success – a fantastic bunch of folks. To answer your question, would I be able to work in an office as beautiful, Hmm let’s see… YES! Tomorrow please. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Macy August 11, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I could live in a place like that, and be so productive too! It’s simply the perfect mix, not too much nor too colorful nor childish. Just right. Congrats to them! :D
    .-= Macy´s last blog ..Awoooooo =-.

• Reply Yoli August 11, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Holly who would not be inspired to go to work being surrounded by so much beauty? It is absolutely beautiful and comforting. What a great job. They not only care about what they are selling but about their employees.
    .-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply Elisabeth August 11, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I’m in love with the style of this office space ! What a great way to boost your imagination in a place like that !
    .-= Elisabeth´s last blog ..Fairy Tales Wedding =-.

• Reply Pixie August 11, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Holy Smoke! That’s amazing! I just can’t imaging how nice it is to go to work to that instead of my office, with scuffed up beige walls, mismatched furniture that I’ve pulled from other people re-doing their offices and such.

I wish I could do something cosmetic but they are strict here. I’m not even to change the light bulb should it burn out. I have to have the office manager call facilities with our budget code. Ugh.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..In Three Months Time =-.

• Reply Sarah August 11, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Beautiful! I especially love the table in the second photo and the other carved desks.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Cupcakes Make Me Smile =-.

• Reply Lyndsay August 11, 2009 at 2:24 pm

gorgeous! totally envious!
    .-= Lyndsay´s last blog ..Tools of the Trade: Pretty Pins =-.

• Reply The Event Essentials August 11, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I just drooled on my keyboard! WOW!! What character and charm. Make me want a studio even more so now!! :)

• Reply Manette August 11, 2009 at 2:49 pm

It is so refreshing and inspiring to see a business practice what they sell. I am duly impressed. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Manette´s last blog ..Summer of Love – Sea Glass Necklace =-.

• Reply Maria August 11, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Beautiful! Where could I get curtains like those?

• Reply Marybel August 11, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Love this workspace, doesn’t even make you want to go home, I’m sure!
    .-= Marybel´s last blog ..Macaroons anyone? =-.

• Reply Sigrid August 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Not only do I want to work there, I want to live there too. Nice…
    .-= Sigrid´s last blog ..knitcycle… =-.

• Reply simply hue August 11, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Wow, what beautiful rooms, colors, and styling! Thanks for popping in and sharing this with us, Holly. :)
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..Spotlight on Photographers, Day 7 =-.

• Reply CARolyn August 11, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Excuse me while I pause to wipe the drool off my keyboard….

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 11, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I think it is absolutely gorgeous and looks like a beautiful and yummy place to work! What a pleasure it would be to go to work everyday! :) Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art =-.

• Reply Kara August 11, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Wow!!! I can’t even imagine working from a place like that (sad glance around my cubicle)….so so lovely.
    jealous. I must at least organize my desk at home now…
    .-= Kara´s last blog ..happy and excited… =-.

• Reply katherine quinn August 11, 2009 at 4:51 pm

wow weeee!
    .-= katherine quinn´s last blog ..One of the hardest things… =-.

• Reply anahata August 11, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Oh! ALL (!!) of the curtains in the pictures came from good ol’ Anthropologie.com I think some of the rooms where swallowed up in curtain budgets. But totally worth it!
    .-= anahata´s last blog ..PAPAYA! on Decor8 today… =-.

• Reply Shell August 11, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Simply beautiful. You can create endlessly with inspiration all around you.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..The Love of Blue =-.

• Reply samantha hahn August 11, 2009 at 5:40 pm

textiles….beautiful textiles everywhere!!!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Maira Kalman: And the Pursuit of Happiness =-.

• Reply Sarah August 11, 2009 at 6:29 pm

I adore PaPaYa! and have been buying their flats for years now. I live in scotland so shipping is heavy and I stockpile when I go home to Boston. LOVE those office spaces…x
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..DESIGN THERAPY: Orla Kiely =-.

• Reply rachel August 11, 2009 at 6:44 pm

How amazing and fabulous is this office space!!! How jealous am I for the lucky people that get to work in this space- man… Plus, the company itself is wonderful, too!

• Reply Jenn August 11, 2009 at 6:53 pm

OMG! Looking at this then looking round my office – feel quite sick :)
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..save the date: the ultimate wedding planning party =-.

• Reply Miriam August 11, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Love it, very well done! Be following their blog from now on too.

• Reply Miriam August 11, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Love it! Well done, wonderful place. Be following their blog from now on too…

• Reply Simone August 11, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Congrats for your beautiful blog!
    I invite you to visit my crafty blog: http://lellilu.blogspot.com
    Thank you! :D

• Reply Lorri August 11, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Wow, what an amazing warehouse!! I love everything.
    I especially like the painting in the office above the girl – could you please let me know who’s it is?
    .-= Lorri´s last blog ..About Me – a big whinge and some explanations =-.

• Reply robin August 11, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Anahata is the artist in me’s soulmate. I just love her.

• Reply annechovie August 11, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Love everything about it, but that doesn’t surprise me since I love Anahata’s work and color sense anyway. Thanks for posting, Holly – so glad you are getting settled and loving it.
    .-= annechovie´s last blog ..A JEWEL OF A BOX =-.

• Reply Jacqueline August 11, 2009 at 8:29 pm

This office is sooooo gorgeous! I am loving the colors and beatiful textiles everywhere! Such an inspiration for me to re-work my craft space! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

• Reply Ilira Steinman August 11, 2009 at 9:34 pm

What a beautiful, beautiful space! Anahata? Are you hiring?

Don’t tell Jason : )

Hope to see you in New York next week!

• Reply NAL August 11, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Unexpected and beautiful color combos – kudos for gifting the warehouse with them as well. Oh WOW!

• Reply Ashley Goodwin August 11, 2009 at 9:47 pm

This office is just STUNNING! The interior design firm where I work is part showroom, part office space, so we are always re-designing and moving things around and this space is so inspiring! I especially love the carved counter base, chandeliers in the warehouse (so glam!) and little reminder to not “overwork”. Very pretty and feminine and airy. Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply The Office Stylist August 11, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Oh my! It definitely has my stamp of approval!

-The Office Stylist
    .-= The Office Stylist´s last blog ..Office Decor-What’s on your desk? =-.

• Reply Royaltygirl August 11, 2009 at 11:23 pm

I have chandelier envy!!!!
    I think I am going to have my husband hang one in our garage over the car. That was so inspiring!
    .-= Royaltygirl´s last blog ..madeleine esti skirt with flowers at kate spade =-.

• Reply suzanne August 11, 2009 at 11:36 pm

are they hiring? ;)
    .-= suzanne´s last blog ..wanderlust =-.

• Reply Kim - The TomKat Studio August 12, 2009 at 12:26 am

This very ironic! I had a “me” day today (very rare), and I headed out to a fabulous local home boutique, Domestic Bliss. I bought a wall hanging (green with a pink flower) for my craft studio, and then noticed that it is made by PaPaYa! I hadn’t heard the company until I saw your post this morning, and randomly that was the only thing I bought! Now I’m not only a fan of their new studio, but a fan of their work! WOW!
    .-= Kim – The TomKat Studio´s last blog ..Sneak Peek: Double Scoop Ice Cream Birthday Party! =-.

• Reply Megan August 12, 2009 at 12:33 am

Ahhhhhhh just beautiful. What a great space, i’m sure they find it very inspiring. Great job PaPaYa and thank for alowing us to share.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Link Love =-.

• Reply French furniture August 12, 2009 at 3:42 am

The premises are fantastic. What a joy to work there. I love the chandeliers in the warehouse!

• Reply M.Kate August 12, 2009 at 3:45 am

Something very different, fun and totally smashing!
    .-= M.Kate´s last blog ..AH TUAN YEE, BABA NYONYA =-.

• Reply Viv August 12, 2009 at 5:18 am

“Thou shalt not overwork” is now my new life motto. I love this space. It looks like a fun (and stylish) place to work.
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Craving: Have You Met Miss Jones =-.

• Reply stephanie August 12, 2009 at 6:25 am

This would be a very cool place to work! Wow, nice job!

• Reply ludid August 12, 2009 at 7:40 am

this space says creativity lives here; beautiful
    .-= ludid´s last blog ..A little bit of this and that =-.

• Reply Penny Patten August 12, 2009 at 9:06 am

Love the arch way, the curtians and the wonderful color choices! Thank You for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.

• Reply Yansy August 12, 2009 at 9:27 am

I want my office to look just like it. This place is stunning!
    .-= Yansy´s last blog ..Oh, you mean Paisley! =-.

• Reply wini August 12, 2009 at 9:38 am

Wow, this office is fabulous, I’m totally inspired… so there is heaven on earth!! Love the work of Papaya and Anahata too. Thank you for sharing Holly :)
    .-= wini´s last blog ..Giveaway: Curvy 6 Magazine =-.

• Reply carol August 12, 2009 at 10:03 am

oooooh! what a visual delight. Fun to see gwen stefani on the board. I heart her and have the same photo on mine!!!

i also sooo appreciate, “thou shall not overwork. . . !”

• Reply Katie Stephenson August 12, 2009 at 10:28 am

Good god, I would love to work there every day. What a great thing to give employees. If I’m ever the boss of someone, I want to be like that. :)
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..Homemade Stamp Kit =-.

• Reply Regina @ Margarita Bloom August 12, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Holy moly, that is one fabulous office! I want it!! I could so get inspired in that room it just blows my mind away. I love that white and the green chandelier. And don’t even get me started about the bright brilliant colors and designs. Just heavenly. :)

• Reply Danielle August 12, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Amazing job! Love it.
    .-= Danielle´s last blog ..Some Rug Company Picks =-.

• Reply Ezzie August 12, 2009 at 3:27 pm

The decor is AMAZING!! Where are the chandeliers from?!

• Reply chantalep August 12, 2009 at 7:41 pm

I could definately work here! Wow. So gorgeous, I’d be in a good mood all day long. Definately beats my dungeon basement windowless bug-infested office. I’m looking for a change! Maybe I should move to Oregon!
    .-= chantalep´s last blog ..summer vacation! =-.

• Reply Rebecca August 13, 2009 at 1:42 am

I LOVE their offices! What a cheerful place to work! If everyone could just have a little bit of that adventuresome designer in them! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply simone August 13, 2009 at 2:24 am

I could work and live there!
    .-= simone´s last blog ..The Buzz =-.

• Reply Ana August 13, 2009 at 7:00 am

I want to sit down in the red sofa with the pink wall behind. And the lamps of the store? I love everything.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..Pintura sobre tela =-.

• Reply Joy August 13, 2009 at 6:36 pm

what beautiful photos! I can definitely see inspiration happening here! Thanks for sharing – gorgeous!!
    .-= Joy´s last blog ..{clingstone} =-.

• Reply Leigh August 13, 2009 at 10:39 pm

I love papayaart (have the bliss postcards on my inspiration board!). What a lovely lush office. I wish I worked there!

• Reply happy zombie August 14, 2009 at 11:09 am

“Could you work in an environment like this one”…

I could LIVE in that environment. Having to work there… that would just be gravy. With a cherry on top.
    .-= happy zombie´s last blog ..Iraqi Bundles of Love =-.

• Reply aphrochic August 17, 2009 at 6:00 pm

It’s a wonderful representation of their brand. So warm and colorful. I absolutely can’t get enough of their cards. So happy to see their space is just as lovely!

• Reply hipAholic August 21, 2009 at 4:43 pm

wow! great working space full of colour & joy! love it!