PaPaYa’s New Workspace!

If you fear color or your boss insists on keeping the office boring, show them this post and get inspired! I thought you may enjoy seeing the new offices of American lifestyle, stationery, and gift designer PaPaYa!, they are so lovely that I just had to pop in and share this gorgeous inspirational workspace in Oregon with you before it makes it rounds all over the web. PaPaYa! just launched a new blog with contributors and designers Anahata Katkin, Sabrina Ward Harrison, Kathleen Rossi, and a few of their co-workers. Isn’t this space amazing? Ready to drool?

Very fancy warehouse…

PaPaYa

More views of the warehouse.

Orders department

PaPaYa

So what do you think of these office spaces? The overall theme? Could you work in an environment like this one or do you prefer another look or feel? Personally, I think it fits their brand perfectly so it really works for them — there is no doubt the moment you step into this office space that it belongs to the creative minds behind PaPaYa! Thanks PaPaYa! for debuting your office on decor8 — I appreciate it and I know everyone else here does too.

(images: PaPaYa!)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 11, 2009

1. Carrie S. commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:30am

This is the most gorgeous workspace I’ve ever seen! I’ve been drooling over the photos since they blogged it last week! I want to work there too!
    .-= Carrie S.´s last blog ..And the winner is…. =-.

2. Lucy commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:45am

Stunning… x
    .-= Lucy´s last blog ..Missoni – Daring to be Different =-.

3. erin commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:45am

I love this work space. Was that a Sabrina Ward Harrison painting of the girl on brown paper? I love the colors and the prints and the light and airy feeling in the entire space.
    .-= erin´s last blog ..Cookie Flower Bouquet =-.

4. Kira commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:46am

This office is absolutely stunning! If I worked there I would be more than happy to go to work. In the future I would like to open up my own Lifestyle Photography business, and I would feel inspired daily if I was working in an office more like this than a typical office! Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Kira´s last blog ..For 2 Days =-.

5. Petra- Designfragment commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:55am

The fabrics! The wallpaper! The curved sofa!
    I gasping for air here- no more posts like this, please? ;)
    .-= Petra- Designfragment´s last blog ..Förändra med vinyl och en dos humor =-.

6. Kim - The TomKat Studio commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:55am

OH MY! Absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the beautiful chandeliers and the fancy cut wood! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kim – The TomKat Studio´s last blog ..Back to School: DIY Printable Thank You Cards ~ Perfect for Teachers! =-.

7. cdelphine commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:57am

wow, that is so cool. I love the doorway in the second pic
    .-= cdelphine´s last blog ..(Untitled) =-.

8. Kim commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:01am

Oh. My. Wow.
    Everything is perfect!
    I can only dream of working in an office such as this!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..Country Air =-.

9. molly commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:05am

What a lovely workspace! Even the warehouse portion of the space is beautiful!
    .-= molly´s last blog ..Happy Birthday to…. me! =-.

10. Pikaland commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:05am

oh my gosh. her workplace is to die for!
    .-= Pikaland´s last blog ..Giveaway #4: Milks & Eggs Co. T-shirt [1] =-.

11. Katie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:07am

wow, really gorgeous – especially love the chandeliers. Our warehouse now feels so inadequate in comparison to this…
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Image of the day – kick back and relax! =-.

12. elizabeth commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:08am

Does anybody know the fabric name for the brown and white graphic print that is on the chairs in the photo that shows the arched doorway?

13. tiffany commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:09am

Wow!! This space is amazing! I would be so happy to get to come to a place like this every day to work. Well done, PaPaYa!
    .-= tiffany´s last blog ..to drive the point home =-.

14. Shanon commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:12am

I’m dying! Love it. If I had extra rooms in my house, they’d be just like these rooms. And I had just mentioned on your other post about my favorite color combination being mustard yellow and salmon pink, and voila! Here it is! Love it Holly! Love it PaPaYa!
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..What’s been growing…. (part 2) =-.

15. Sarah commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:13am

Wow, those curtains! I need more windows and more rooms – those are all great curtains.

16. Lindsey commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:14am

Wow, that is pretty much a perfect office! The office of my dreams! thanks so much for sharing!

{ Lindsey }
    .-= Lindsey´s last blog ..ban.DO! =-.

17. Nuit commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:20am

Wow Holly! this place is THE perfect workspace! I would love to work there!!! the colors, the patterns, the fabrics, all gorgeous!!!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..A Weekend Project… =-.

18. Katrina commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:20am

Absolutely WOW! Forget working there, I want to live there!

19. Samantha commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:27am

Beautiful! Could I work in it? Maybe. Could I hang out in it feeling all fancy and gorgeous and just-popped-in-from-Marrakesh-y? Definitely.
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..I feel pretty, oh so pretty =-.

20. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:31am

That’s my kind of warehouse! I would love to work in a beautiful, creative environment like this, but I’m not so sure software developers would be on board ;). Great inspiration for a home office though!
    .-= Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog´s last blog ..Thrifty Tip… Finding Deals at the Dollar Store =-.

21. pam commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:32am

I think I would have to get a job here even if it means wasting my degree on getting coffee for the receptionist. Amazing and inspiring.
    .-= pam´s last blog ..blue dreams necklace =-.

22. Melanie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:37am

The fabrics!! Where do I find those fabrics!! Especially the white and brown fabrics in the second photo (chair and ottomans)!! Please let me know!

23. leaca commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:55am

I love all the bright colors.
    .-= leaca´s last blog ..simply polaroid–weekly shot =-.

24. kate commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:56am

oh goodness…I love the desk and that luxurious red tufted sofa. I would love, love, love to work in this space!
    .-= kate´s last blog ..Tear Sheet Tuesday: Double Beds =-.

25. leni commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:10pm

i love the chandeliers in the warehouse! perhaps i will put on in my garage!!
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Hello Tuesday, please be a productive and fun day! =-.

26. Flavia commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:15pm

What a gorgeous workspace! I want to work there too! My office is nice and modern, but has no color…
    .-= Flavia´s last blog ..The Home Office – Complete! =-.

27. City Chic - Jamie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:17pm

Wow! I would have a smile all day working there. Now I’m daydreaming about working in an office space that is much more exciting that my boring academic job setting.
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Day Trip to Chicago =-.

28. Tiffany commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:39pm

To be surrounded by stationery, paper and art and then have it all displayed and stored in a place as lovely as this?! Is it heaven? I’m not sure. In the words of Liz Lemon, “I want to go to there”!

Can they share the details of the chandeliers and the fabric on the chairs & ottomans?

29. Jennifer commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:40pm

I could totally work in an environment like that! I’m a firm believer of your work being a product of your surroundings! I would love my house to look like that let alone my place of work!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Betty Brader: Fashion Illustrator =-.

30. anahata commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:49pm

Holly,
    I thought I would leave a tip to respond to the comments here. Many of the furniture was purchased through our local designers at Terra Firma Home. They can help people locate fabrics and furnishings.
    http://terrafirmahome.com/ The woman we work with and who will know our pieces & fabrics is Nora LaBrocca. Hope this helps and thank you for a beautiful post!
    .-= anahata´s last blog ..Artist Crush: Grady McFerrin =-.

31. Dagny @ Beautiful Living commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:49pm

LOVE your selection! Thanks for a great post!
    .-= Dagny @ Beautiful Living´s last blog ..A dramatic turn of events for the sunburst mirror / Det falt ned! =-.

32. Sandra@Botany's commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:56pm

Oh my!! I am so not a colors person, but I have always carried their line in my shop because everything is so darn beautiful. I want them to come to my shop and decorate.

FABULOUS!!!!!!!

33. Mily commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 12:58pm

What an inspirational space. I especially love that sunburst mirror…never seen anything like it!
    .-= Mily´s last blog ..Herb gardeners who work extra get thyme and a half =-.

34. katie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 1:35pm

I fell in love with Papaya in February when I found some of her notecards in a little store in Kauai on my honeymoon!!! I love that she is from the northwest, I love her office spaces (i am trying not to be jealous!) I would work there any day! It would make me want to come to work! LOVE IT! thanks for sharing! xoxox katie
    .-= katie´s last blog ..15 Minutes of Fame =-.

35. Jason Thompson commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Oh my! What an amazing office. And I can say the entire crew over at Papaya! deserves all their wonderful success – a fantastic bunch of folks. To answer your question, would I be able to work in an office as beautiful, Hmm let’s see… YES! Tomorrow please. Thanks for sharing.

36. Macy commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 1:53pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I could live in a place like that, and be so productive too! It’s simply the perfect mix, not too much nor too colorful nor childish. Just right. Congrats to them! :D
    .-= Macy´s last blog ..Awoooooo =-.

37. Yoli commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:08pm

Holly who would not be inspired to go to work being surrounded by so much beauty? It is absolutely beautiful and comforting. What a great job. They not only care about what they are selling but about their employees.
    .-= Yoli´s last blog .. =-.

38. Elisabeth commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:13pm

I’m in love with the style of this office space ! What a great way to boost your imagination in a place like that !
    .-= Elisabeth´s last blog ..Fairy Tales Wedding =-.

39. Pixie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:18pm

Holy Smoke! That’s amazing! I just can’t imaging how nice it is to go to work to that instead of my office, with scuffed up beige walls, mismatched furniture that I’ve pulled from other people re-doing their offices and such.

I wish I could do something cosmetic but they are strict here. I’m not even to change the light bulb should it burn out. I have to have the office manager call facilities with our budget code. Ugh.
    .-= Pixie´s last blog ..In Three Months Time =-.

40. Sarah commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:21pm

Beautiful! I especially love the table in the second photo and the other carved desks.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Cupcakes Make Me Smile =-.

41. Lyndsay commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:24pm

gorgeous! totally envious!
    .-= Lyndsay´s last blog ..Tools of the Trade: Pretty Pins =-.

42. The Event Essentials commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:25pm

I just drooled on my keyboard! WOW!! What character and charm. Make me want a studio even more so now!! :)

43. Manette commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:49pm

It is so refreshing and inspiring to see a business practice what they sell. I am duly impressed. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Manette´s last blog ..Summer of Love – Sea Glass Necklace =-.

44. Maria commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 2:59pm

Beautiful! Where could I get curtains like those?

45. Marybel commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 3:15pm

Love this workspace, doesn’t even make you want to go home, I’m sure!
    .-= Marybel´s last blog ..Macaroons anyone? =-.

46. Sigrid commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Not only do I want to work there, I want to live there too. Nice…
    .-= Sigrid´s last blog ..knitcycle… =-.

47. simply hue commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 3:33pm

Wow, what beautiful rooms, colors, and styling! Thanks for popping in and sharing this with us, Holly. :)
    .-= simply hue´s last blog ..Spotlight on Photographers, Day 7 =-.

48. CARolyn commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 3:54pm

Excuse me while I pause to wipe the drool off my keyboard….
    (!!!!!)

49. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 4:18pm

I think it is absolutely gorgeous and looks like a beautiful and yummy place to work! What a pleasure it would be to go to work everyday! :) Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art =-.

50. Kara commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 4:31pm

Wow!!! I can’t even imagine working from a place like that (sad glance around my cubicle)….so so lovely.
    jealous. I must at least organize my desk at home now…
    .-= Kara´s last blog ..happy and excited… =-.

51. katherine quinn commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 4:51pm

wow weeee!
    .-= katherine quinn´s last blog ..One of the hardest things… =-.

52. anahata commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 5:20pm

Oh! ALL (!!) of the curtains in the pictures came from good ol’ Anthropologie.com I think some of the rooms where swallowed up in curtain budgets. But totally worth it!
    .-= anahata´s last blog ..PAPAYA! on Decor8 today… =-.

53. Shell commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 5:27pm

Simply beautiful. You can create endlessly with inspiration all around you.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..The Love of Blue =-.

54. samantha hahn commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 5:40pm

textiles….beautiful textiles everywhere!!!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Maira Kalman: And the Pursuit of Happiness =-.

55. Sarah commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 6:29pm

I adore PaPaYa! and have been buying their flats for years now. I live in scotland so shipping is heavy and I stockpile when I go home to Boston. LOVE those office spaces…x
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..DESIGN THERAPY: Orla Kiely =-.

56. rachel commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 6:44pm

How amazing and fabulous is this office space!!! How jealous am I for the lucky people that get to work in this space- man… Plus, the company itself is wonderful, too!

57. Jenn commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 6:53pm

OMG! Looking at this then looking round my office – feel quite sick :)
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..save the date: the ultimate wedding planning party =-.

58. Miriam commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 7:08pm

Love it, very well done! Be following their blog from now on too.

59. Miriam commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 7:08pm

Love it! Well done, wonderful place. Be following their blog from now on too…

60. Simone commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 8:03pm

Hi!
    Congrats for your beautiful blog!
    I invite you to visit my crafty blog: http://lellilu.blogspot.com
    Thank you! :D

61. Lorri commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 8:11pm

Wow, what an amazing warehouse!! I love everything.
    I especially like the painting in the office above the girl – could you please let me know who’s it is?
    Thanks,
    Lorri
    .-= Lorri´s last blog ..About Me – a big whinge and some explanations =-.

62. robin commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 8:18pm

Anahata is the artist in me’s soulmate. I just love her.

63. annechovie commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 8:26pm

Love everything about it, but that doesn’t surprise me since I love Anahata’s work and color sense anyway. Thanks for posting, Holly – so glad you are getting settled and loving it.
    .-= annechovie´s last blog ..A JEWEL OF A BOX =-.

64. Jacqueline commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 8:29pm

This office is sooooo gorgeous! I am loving the colors and beatiful textiles everywhere! Such an inspiration for me to re-work my craft space! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

65. Ilira Steinman commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 9:34pm

What a beautiful, beautiful space! Anahata? Are you hiring?

Don’t tell Jason : )

Hope to see you in New York next week!

66. NAL commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Unexpected and beautiful color combos – kudos for gifting the warehouse with them as well. Oh WOW!

67. Ashley Goodwin commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 9:47pm

This office is just STUNNING! The interior design firm where I work is part showroom, part office space, so we are always re-designing and moving things around and this space is so inspiring! I especially love the carved counter base, chandeliers in the warehouse (so glam!) and little reminder to not “overwork”. Very pretty and feminine and airy. Thanks for sharing this!

68. The Office Stylist commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 10:45pm

Oh my! It definitely has my stamp of approval!

-The Office Stylist
    .-= The Office Stylist´s last blog ..Office Decor-What’s on your desk? =-.

69. Royaltygirl commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:23pm

I have chandelier envy!!!!
    I think I am going to have my husband hang one in our garage over the car. That was so inspiring!
    .-= Royaltygirl´s last blog ..madeleine esti skirt with flowers at kate spade =-.

70. suzanne commented
    August 11th, 2009 at 11:36pm

WOW!

are they hiring? ;)
    .-= suzanne´s last blog ..wanderlust =-.

71. Kim - The TomKat Studio commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 12:26am

This very ironic! I had a “me” day today (very rare), and I headed out to a fabulous local home boutique, Domestic Bliss. I bought a wall hanging (green with a pink flower) for my craft studio, and then noticed that it is made by PaPaYa! I hadn’t heard the company until I saw your post this morning, and randomly that was the only thing I bought! Now I’m not only a fan of their new studio, but a fan of their work! WOW!
    .-= Kim – The TomKat Studio´s last blog ..Sneak Peek: Double Scoop Ice Cream Birthday Party! =-.

72. Megan commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 12:33am

Ahhhhhhh just beautiful. What a great space, i’m sure they find it very inspiring. Great job PaPaYa and thank for alowing us to share.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Link Love =-.

73. French furniture commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 3:42am

The premises are fantastic. What a joy to work there. I love the chandeliers in the warehouse!

74. M.Kate commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 3:45am

Something very different, fun and totally smashing!
    .-= M.Kate´s last blog ..AH TUAN YEE, BABA NYONYA =-.

75. Viv commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 5:18am

“Thou shalt not overwork” is now my new life motto. I love this space. It looks like a fun (and stylish) place to work.
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Craving: Have You Met Miss Jones =-.

76. stephanie commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 6:25am

This would be a very cool place to work! Wow, nice job!

77. ludid commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 7:40am

this space says creativity lives here; beautiful
    .-= ludid´s last blog ..A little bit of this and that =-.

78. Penny Patten commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 9:06am

Love the arch way, the curtians and the wonderful color choices! Thank You for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.

79. Yansy commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 9:27am

I want my office to look just like it. This place is stunning!
    .-= Yansy´s last blog ..Oh, you mean Paisley! =-.

80. wini commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 9:38am

Wow, this office is fabulous, I’m totally inspired… so there is heaven on earth!! Love the work of Papaya and Anahata too. Thank you for sharing Holly :)
    .-= wini´s last blog ..Giveaway: Curvy 6 Magazine =-.

81. carol commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 10:03am

oooooh! what a visual delight. Fun to see gwen stefani on the board. I heart her and have the same photo on mine!!!

i also sooo appreciate, “thou shall not overwork. . . !”

82. Katie Stephenson commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 10:28am

Good god, I would love to work there every day. What a great thing to give employees. If I’m ever the boss of someone, I want to be like that. :)
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..Homemade Stamp Kit =-.

83. Regina @ Margarita Bloom commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Holy moly, that is one fabulous office! I want it!! I could so get inspired in that room it just blows my mind away. I love that white and the green chandelier. And don’t even get me started about the bright brilliant colors and designs. Just heavenly. :)

84. Danielle commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 1:45pm

Amazing job! Love it.
    .-= Danielle´s last blog ..Some Rug Company Picks =-.

85. Ezzie commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 3:27pm

The decor is AMAZING!! Where are the chandeliers from?!

86. chantalep commented
    August 12th, 2009 at 7:41pm

I could definately work here! Wow. So gorgeous, I’d be in a good mood all day long. Definately beats my dungeon basement windowless bug-infested office. I’m looking for a change! Maybe I should move to Oregon!
    .-= chantalep´s last blog ..summer vacation! =-.

87. Rebecca commented
    August 13th, 2009 at 1:42am

I LOVE their offices! What a cheerful place to work! If everyone could just have a little bit of that adventuresome designer in them! Thanks for sharing!

88. simone commented
    August 13th, 2009 at 2:24am

I could work and live there!
    .-= simone´s last blog ..The Buzz =-.

89. Ana commented
    August 13th, 2009 at 7:00am

I want to sit down in the red sofa with the pink wall behind. And the lamps of the store? I love everything.
    .-= Ana´s last blog ..Pintura sobre tela =-.

90. Joy commented
    August 13th, 2009 at 6:36pm

what beautiful photos! I can definitely see inspiration happening here! Thanks for sharing – gorgeous!!
    .-= Joy´s last blog ..{clingstone} =-.

91. Leigh commented
    August 13th, 2009 at 10:39pm

I love papayaart (have the bliss postcards on my inspiration board!). What a lovely lush office. I wish I worked there!

92. happy zombie commented
    August 14th, 2009 at 11:09am

“Could you work in an environment like this one”…

I could LIVE in that environment. Having to work there… that would just be gravy. With a cherry on top.
    .-= happy zombie´s last blog ..Iraqi Bundles of Love =-.

93. aphrochic commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:00pm

It’s a wonderful representation of their brand. So warm and colorful. I absolutely can’t get enough of their cards. So happy to see their space is just as lovely!

94. hipAholic commented
    August 21st, 2009 at 4:43pm

wow! great working space full of colour & joy! love it!