Fashion + Accessories

Always Inspired By Kate Spade

August 12, 2009

I’m such a fool for Kate Spade. The lady could design anything and I’d be all over it. Have you seen her new website and collection of clothing? I love the trench coat, it’s cut so well and the patterned lining is so, so smart. Well I could rave on and on, please go have a look…

Always Inspired By Kate Spade

Swoon!

(images: kate spade)

28 Comments

• Reply Rachel B. August 12, 2009 at 7:20 am

Seriously that orange purse is calling my name!!! I love her designs, but have yet to treat myself. Maybe someday…
    .-= Rachel B.´s last blog ..A Wednesday Freebie! =-.

• Reply Katja August 12, 2009 at 7:22 am

omg, thank you for sharing!!!! <3 this is definitely the style i LOVE! :) amazing. and again it makes me regret i'm not skinny ^^
    .-= Katja´s last blog ..Totally addicted to Polkadots && bows! =-.

• Reply Fallon August 12, 2009 at 7:30 am

OMG! Swoon is right!!! I absolutely love spending hours on the kate spade site… especially the in the “Behind the Curtain” section. So very excited that they revamped it… now I have something to explore when I get home from work tonight. Thanks Holly!!! =)
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..Featured Designer: Bloom Studios by Christine Mighion =-.

• Reply Jeni August 12, 2009 at 7:45 am

That trench is gorgeous! I rarely wear navy but I think I’m in love! Love how it is cut full on the bottom.
    .-= Jeni´s last blog ..Meet George! =-.

• Reply Janet August 12, 2009 at 7:54 am

Love the Madeline Mona coat. I wish I lived somewhere that you could actually wear a coat. Maybe the dot blouse would be a better choice for So Cal.
    .-= Janet´s last blog ..A Threat to History =-.

• Reply Rhianne August 12, 2009 at 7:56 am

I didn’t even know who she was until today, thank you so much for sharing… I love the yellow tights!!

• Reply Clayton Gray Home August 12, 2009 at 7:57 am

I love it that her style is still “girly” and always unique – of course!

• Reply Sarah August 12, 2009 at 8:49 am

LOVE this…..I have wanted one of her bags for too long, and now clothing! Yikes
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..DESIGN THERAPY: Cath Kidston =-.

• Reply ludid August 12, 2009 at 8:52 am

i’ve been a fan of her sunglasses for a while; the Nolan glasses are hot!
    .-= ludid´s last blog ..A little bit of this and that =-.

• Reply Petra- Designfragment August 12, 2009 at 9:08 am

Love the brightly coloured stickings!
    .-= Petra- Designfragment´s last blog ..Vågad eklektisk känsla i dova toner =-.

• Reply Nicole Smith August 12, 2009 at 9:11 am

The new site is great, I’m want to look through the dresses and jackets!
    .-= Nicole Smith´s last blog ..*notes about yoga and the good life =-.

• Reply pretty*pink*rat August 12, 2009 at 9:44 am

HEART kate spade! I too have never indulged, but her stuff is so fun to look at!
    .-= pretty*pink*rat´s last blog ..Speaking of Shoes… =-.

• Reply Kim August 12, 2009 at 10:09 am

I JUST saw the new ads for Kate’s clothing line in Glamour this morning! I am so excited about it! The new bags look cute too!
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What I Would Wear…If I Was An Olsen Twin =-.

• Reply montague August 12, 2009 at 10:16 am

most definitely inspiring!
    .-= montague´s last blog ..i’ve moved! =-.

• Reply leslie August 12, 2009 at 10:25 am

I love the Kate Spade style too -This is the work of Deborah Lloyd now though right? She is the Creative Director I think…does Kate Spade still design for the label? Hmmmm…will check that out, I am always curious about the people behind labels…
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Guest at Creature Comforts =-.

• Reply decor8 August 12, 2009 at 11:23 am

Leslie – Yeah I wonder the same thing – does Kate Spade even design any of it anymore… Well Deborah definitely has her aesthetic down for sure.

• Reply Nuit August 12, 2009 at 10:27 am

she is my favorite! totally adorable :) posted about her twice already. Her use of color is inspiring and honest…… I love her. Thanks for the headsup on the new website Holly. Have a lovely wednesday!
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Swedish Country Interiors =-.

• Reply Laura August 12, 2009 at 10:52 am

Oh Wow, just gorgeous. I want one of those trench coats.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Pink and Silver =-.

• Reply Mimi August 12, 2009 at 11:17 am

Swooning…Kate Spade always inspires. I was just on her site a couple days ago checking out her jewelry line..I love everything! Color and more color!
    .-= Mimi´s last blog ..Luxe gold crush…. =-.

• Reply mer August 12, 2009 at 11:21 am

this is so funny as I was on the Kate Spade site for an hour last night drooling over all of these new fall looks!
    .-= mer´s last blog ..[sew your own vintage swim suit] =-.

• Reply Jennifer August 12, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Yep I’m a Kate Spade lover too! My pocketbook is really regretting that I’ve seen all these new designs ;)
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..If you thought Kate Spade was only for accessories……… =-.

• Reply Sandy August 12, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I just LOVE Kate Spade. There’s a feeling of youthful sophistication that goes along with her line and I adore it. Thanks for mentioning her on your blog. Now I want to run out and get a new Kate Spade handbag. :)

• Reply Frugal Bon Vivant August 12, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Loving the trench coat!
    .-= Frugal Bon Vivant´s last blog ..This Weekend: Free Day-Use at US National Parks =-.

• Reply Kristen August 12, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I have to say … I have the luxury of living in Manhattan, and your blog post today sent me running over to the Kate Spade store on my lunch hour. I spent the entire hour just looking … and drooling … and wanting. What I want more than anything are the Carly shoes.

• Reply moline August 12, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Of course I love her. Read her book on style and loved it. She is so unique yet very classic and timeless – perfect!
    .-= moline´s last blog ..Just the two of us =-.

• Reply Penny Patten August 16, 2009 at 9:57 am

Love the trench and the lavender dress!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Name My Birds,(Chickens that is…) Contest =-.

• Reply Heidi August 18, 2009 at 11:58 pm

I love the clothes too, but Kate Spade no longer designs the clothes. She and Andy Spade exited their own company some time back. I still love all the designs, but many of their goods are made in China. You have to check their site, if something is made from Italy it will say so, but with China they just say, “imported”. I bought an “imported” bag from them and the zipper on it broke in two weeks. Add to that Kate Spade no longer fixes their bags like they used to for free, I was told I’d have to send it to them at my own cost and to pay for it’s repair. Not the Kate Spade I once knew. Boo.

• Reply jj August 28, 2009 at 10:21 am

just went into the kate spade store in nyc and the adorable trench is almost sold out!!! so glad i got it in time! hurry up and get it if you want it!!