New: Graham & Brown’s Essence Wallpaper

Have you checked out Graham & Brown’s new wallpaper called Essence? I love how their publicist described it in her email to me this morning and since it’s such a nice description I think I’ll let her tell you about it… “Statement florals, soft shimmering trails and bold graphic stripes come together to create a collection that allows you to instantly revitalize a home. A truly sumptuous color palette introducing damson, crimson, taupe and sand alongside cream, duck egg and chocolate mixed with shimmering metallics offer both dramatic and subtle tones for a sophisticated backdrop.” Isn’t that such an inviting write-up? Now look at the photos and pick your favorite. I’ll tell you mine below… :)

Graham & Brown

Graham & Brown

Graham & Brown

Graham & Brown

Graham & Brown

Okay so have you picked a favorite? Mine is the second image because the flowers are whimsical and remind me of balloons and floating away… I imagine this paper in a bedroom on the wall behind the bed only to symbolize floating… as in, off to sleep. Which one do you fancy? Why?

(images: graham & brown)

Posted by decor8 in walls on August 17, 2009

1. Iva commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:20pm

those look so retro! :) many of the old apartments I’ve seen have similar wallpapers (well, a bit torn and dirty but still)

I like the blue ones – I imagine it in a living room with high ceilings. the one at the top is lovely too :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely Apartments =-.

2. vicki (simply hue) commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:30pm

These are gorgeous! I think my favorite would be the bedroom with the chocolate bedding and the green floral wallpaper. Next, I really like the eggplant paper. Great finds, Holly. :)
    .-= vicki (simply hue)´s last blog ..Calling All Designers! =-.

3. laurel commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:31pm

i love the third one. its so light and happy! it would be awesome in a dining room with a farm table and green chairs!

4. Viv commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:31pm

The first is my favourite. Pretty!
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Today I’m loving… =-.

5. catherine m. commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:36pm

I love the last one. It would look great in a living room. The color combo is bold but not obnoxious and the flower pattern is great!
    .-= catherine m.´s last blog ..dressing blythe : it’s your life shop =-.

6. Puppy commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 4:59pm

Gorgeous! My favorites are the first and the last one!
    The Japanese cherry trees are so peaceful, they ask you to meditate…and the strong red of the last one gives you energy! So beautiful!!
    .-= Puppy´s last blog ..Amanda’s Closet – 08 =-.

7. samantha hahn commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Love them. I hadn’t seen their latest. Thanks for sharing!!!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Moop bags (new maquette sponsor!!!) =-.

8. Summer B commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 5:25pm

Love that purple.

9. Alissa commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 5:44pm

I wish I could put up wallpaper in my apartment. These are gorgeous. The third wallpaper listed is my favorite! The green shade attracts me. It also reminds me of my grandmother’s retro lime green damask wallpaper that she once had in her hallway.
    .-= Alissa´s last blog ..00015 – False Lily of the Valley print =-.

10. jamieofalltrades commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:29pm

Mine’s the third. I love that green, beautiful!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..bastille seattle =-.

11. eileen commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 6:47pm

Love the red! I just papered a wall in my bedroom with Graham and Brown wallpaper. They have some amazing deals in the clearance section so I couldn’t be too picky but it’s still a Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen print and I love it.
    .-= eileen´s last blog ..Day 18 and 19 – August 8-9, 2009 =-.

12. Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:32pm

They are all great wallpaper patterns. If I must chose I would pick #1 with a dash of #3 ;=)
    .-= Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie´s last blog ..Shopping for your home on a budget =-.

13. megan commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:34pm

I loke the first one, i feels kind of asian inspired yet romantic. I can imagine that in a powder room with elegant fittings.
    .-= megan´s last blog ..De De Ce Showrooms =-.

14. visualingual commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 7:50pm

My favorite is the top image! The last one is messing with my eyes a bit, creating odd angles on the wall. Anyway, these are gorgeous!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Cloverleaf Interchange Trivet =-.

15. Amy - no. 15 creative commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 8:10pm

I love the cherry blossoms in the first one. I think it looks like it would be so relaxing in a bedroom.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Mad about Mad Men =-.

16. talentedmissripley commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 9:14pm

My favorite is the first one. I’m a sucker for blossoms against dark, leafless spring branches.

17. Lynne commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:42pm

My heart skipped when I saw the second one and then I continued down and saw it was your favourite too. I liked the first one too, but not nearly as much. It evoked some hidden memory in me, as I have nothing in that colour or pattern in my house. I haven’t figured it out yet, but it must be a good memory.

18. Kiran commented
    August 17th, 2009 at 11:52pm

I love the first one – maybe coz I love cherry blossoms :D
    But I like all the wallpapers. I think because of the modern colors, patterns and textures. Not your ol’ grandma looking wallpaper that’s for sure :)
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Happy Independence India! =-.

19. emma lamb commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 2:37am

oooh, i would have to choose the last one… i love deep dark moody reds, but i like the way the cream flower lifts it so that it’s not depressing… i would love a wall of it in my livingroom… :)
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..flickr v etsy… =-.

20. Six Different Ways commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 7:11am

very very nice. I especially like the first one.
    .-= Six Different Ways´s last blog ..Drawing With Chairs =-.

21. Donna Gallant commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 10:01am

Shades of red are my favorite so I definitely choose the last one as my favorite. My husband and I just bought a condo and I would love to figure out a place to use that wallcovering.

22. Garnet commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:06am

Lovely graphic wallpapers! I love the first because of the blossoms and muted colors but that last one really plays to my Indian design aesthetic!
    .-= Garnet´s last blog ..I drew the Ace of Wands this morning as my card of the day. I… =-.

23. Rachel commented
    August 18th, 2009 at 1:34pm

My mom order some beautiful Graham and Brown wallpaper through Home Depot Canada for our bathroom. I have to say although it gorgeous paper; (ours was a soft teal with silver leaf print) it is not pre-pasted and unless you have perfectly (and I do mean perfect) even walls or just box shaped room it wont match up. It is extremely hard to match up. We spent a couple of days trying but no success. It is gorgeous paper though.

24. Penny Patten commented
    August 19th, 2009 at 8:05am

The three I like the most are, the first, fourth and fifth! So unique and pretty. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.