Rooms

New: Graham & Brown’s Essence Wallpaper

August 17, 2009

Have you checked out Graham & Brown’s new wallpaper called Essence? I love how their publicist described it in her email to me this morning and since it’s such a nice description I think I’ll let her tell you about it… “Statement florals, soft shimmering trails and bold graphic stripes come together to create a collection that allows you to instantly revitalize a home. A truly sumptuous color palette introducing damson, crimson, taupe and sand alongside cream, duck egg and chocolate mixed with shimmering metallics offer both dramatic and subtle tones for a sophisticated backdrop.” Isn’t that such an inviting write-up? Now look at the photos and pick your favorite. I’ll tell you mine below… :)

New: Graham & Browns Essence Wallpaper

New: Graham & Browns Essence Wallpaper

New: Graham & Browns Essence Wallpaper

New: Graham & Browns Essence Wallpaper

New: Graham & Browns Essence Wallpaper

Okay so have you picked a favorite? Mine is the second image because the flowers are whimsical and remind me of balloons and floating away… I imagine this paper in a bedroom on the wall behind the bed only to symbolize floating… as in, off to sleep. Which one do you fancy? Why?

(images: graham & brown)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply Iva August 17, 2009 at 4:20 pm

those look so retro! :) many of the old apartments I’ve seen have similar wallpapers (well, a bit torn and dirty but still)

I like the blue ones – I imagine it in a living room with high ceilings. the one at the top is lovely too :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely Apartments =-.

• Reply vicki (simply hue) August 17, 2009 at 4:30 pm

These are gorgeous! I think my favorite would be the bedroom with the chocolate bedding and the green floral wallpaper. Next, I really like the eggplant paper. Great finds, Holly. :)
    .-= vicki (simply hue)´s last blog ..Calling All Designers! =-.

• Reply laurel August 17, 2009 at 4:31 pm

i love the third one. its so light and happy! it would be awesome in a dining room with a farm table and green chairs!

• Reply Viv August 17, 2009 at 4:31 pm

The first is my favourite. Pretty!
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Today I’m loving… =-.

• Reply catherine m. August 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm

I love the last one. It would look great in a living room. The color combo is bold but not obnoxious and the flower pattern is great!
    .-= catherine m.´s last blog ..dressing blythe : it’s your life shop =-.

• Reply Puppy August 17, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Gorgeous! My favorites are the first and the last one!
    The Japanese cherry trees are so peaceful, they ask you to meditate…and the strong red of the last one gives you energy! So beautiful!!
    .-= Puppy´s last blog ..Amanda’s Closet – 08 =-.

• Reply samantha hahn August 17, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Love them. I hadn’t seen their latest. Thanks for sharing!!!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Moop bags (new maquette sponsor!!!) =-.

• Reply Summer B August 17, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Love that purple.

• Reply Alissa August 17, 2009 at 5:44 pm

I wish I could put up wallpaper in my apartment. These are gorgeous. The third wallpaper listed is my favorite! The green shade attracts me. It also reminds me of my grandmother’s retro lime green damask wallpaper that she once had in her hallway.
    .-= Alissa´s last blog ..00015 – False Lily of the Valley print =-.

• Reply jamieofalltrades August 17, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Mine’s the third. I love that green, beautiful!
    .-= jamieofalltrades´s last blog ..bastille seattle =-.

• Reply eileen August 17, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Love the red! I just papered a wall in my bedroom with Graham and Brown wallpaper. They have some amazing deals in the clearance section so I couldn’t be too picky but it’s still a Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen print and I love it.
    .-= eileen´s last blog ..Day 18 and 19 – August 8-9, 2009 =-.

• Reply Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie August 17, 2009 at 7:32 pm

They are all great wallpaper patterns. If I must chose I would pick #1 with a dash of #3 ;=)
    .-= Petergaye Kisielewicz/yahgie´s last blog ..Shopping for your home on a budget =-.

• Reply megan August 17, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I loke the first one, i feels kind of asian inspired yet romantic. I can imagine that in a powder room with elegant fittings.
    .-= megan´s last blog ..De De Ce Showrooms =-.

• Reply visualingual August 17, 2009 at 7:50 pm

My favorite is the top image! The last one is messing with my eyes a bit, creating odd angles on the wall. Anyway, these are gorgeous!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Cloverleaf Interchange Trivet =-.

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative August 17, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I love the cherry blossoms in the first one. I think it looks like it would be so relaxing in a bedroom.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Mad about Mad Men =-.

• Reply talentedmissripley August 17, 2009 at 9:14 pm

My favorite is the first one. I’m a sucker for blossoms against dark, leafless spring branches.

• Reply Lynne August 17, 2009 at 11:42 pm

My heart skipped when I saw the second one and then I continued down and saw it was your favourite too. I liked the first one too, but not nearly as much. It evoked some hidden memory in me, as I have nothing in that colour or pattern in my house. I haven’t figured it out yet, but it must be a good memory.

• Reply Kiran August 17, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I love the first one – maybe coz I love cherry blossoms :D
    But I like all the wallpapers. I think because of the modern colors, patterns and textures. Not your ol’ grandma looking wallpaper that’s for sure :)
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Happy Independence India! =-.

• Reply emma lamb August 18, 2009 at 2:37 am

oooh, i would have to choose the last one… i love deep dark moody reds, but i like the way the cream flower lifts it so that it’s not depressing… i would love a wall of it in my livingroom… :)
    .-= emma lamb´s last blog ..flickr v etsy… =-.

• Reply Six Different Ways August 18, 2009 at 7:11 am

very very nice. I especially like the first one.
    .-= Six Different Ways´s last blog ..Drawing With Chairs =-.

• Reply Donna Gallant August 18, 2009 at 10:01 am

Shades of red are my favorite so I definitely choose the last one as my favorite. My husband and I just bought a condo and I would love to figure out a place to use that wallcovering.

• Reply Garnet August 18, 2009 at 11:06 am

Lovely graphic wallpapers! I love the first because of the blossoms and muted colors but that last one really plays to my Indian design aesthetic!
    .-= Garnet´s last blog ..I drew the Ace of Wands this morning as my card of the day. I… =-.

• Reply Rachel August 18, 2009 at 1:34 pm

My mom order some beautiful Graham and Brown wallpaper through Home Depot Canada for our bathroom. I have to say although it gorgeous paper; (ours was a soft teal with silver leaf print) it is not pre-pasted and unless you have perfectly (and I do mean perfect) even walls or just box shaped room it wont match up. It is extremely hard to match up. We spent a couple of days trying but no success. It is gorgeous paper though.

• Reply Penny Patten August 19, 2009 at 8:05 am

The three I like the most are, the first, fourth and fifth! So unique and pretty. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.