Inspiration

Good Things

August 19, 2009

I thought I’d share with you a small curated collection of just a handful of things that I’ve come across over the past week. No real theme, rhyme or reason, just things that caught my eye. Good things. :)

Good Things

We Make Sense poster from Bubbo, whom I adore. Isn’t this the best?

Good Things

Sandra Juto and her wrist worms make me happy today, I’m already thinking about owning a pair for Autumn. Lots of girls wear them where I live and though I own a few felted ones, I don’t have knitted ones from Sandra. Yet.

Good Things

I also love New Hampshire artist/designer Lisa Occhipinti’s pink journal, it makes my heart pitter pat just a little harder. Lisa is awesome, what a lady.

Good Things

And okay, Sandra’s buttcrack characters still make me laugh. And her blog makes my hungry for travel and good food.

Good Things

Good Things

Noa Noa’s Fall collection, which I enjoyed the full preview yesterday because my local shop was stocking it. Can you believe I live 5 minutes by foot to a Noa Noa? Warning: danger! danger! I picked up their Fall catalog too – it’s gorgeous and set in some beautiful rooms. Very inspiring. Get your hands on a copy if you can.

(images linked to their sources above)

29 Comments

• Reply sarah*ahearn August 19, 2009 at 11:35 am

oh these are good things, aren’t they?! thanks for the bits of inspirations… now back to unpacking boxes i go! xo
    .-= sarah*ahearn´s last blog ..so today is tuesday. =-.

• Reply christa morgenstern August 19, 2009 at 11:37 am

I Live close to Göttingen just about over one hour from Hanover and we do have a noa-noa shop right in the centre. The best part however is that they stock the big sizes for bigger women too which is why I shop there. I love their clothes and the owner always has a nice stock of matching jewellery and bags to go with them. And in addition an espresso is offered as well. What more do you need?
    Thanks for your descriptions about the “German way of life”. We sometimes forget what a good life we have actually.
    Christa
    .-= christa morgenstern´s last blog ..Blog-Liste =-.

• Reply decor8 August 19, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Christa – What bigger sizes? I think they only go up to 44 right?

• Reply Kim August 19, 2009 at 11:37 am

Love the print, the journal and the fashion! Just lovely all around! =)
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What I Would Wear…If I Were A Character On Mad Men =-.

• Reply visualingual August 19, 2009 at 11:59 am

Lovely finds! I especially like that “we make sense” poster!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Cloverleaf Interchange Trivet =-.

• Reply CherryTreeLane August 19, 2009 at 12:06 pm

NoaNoa is beautiful. I’m just wanting it all….
    .-= CherryTreeLane´s last blog ..a good year. =-.

• Reply laura trevey August 19, 2009 at 12:15 pm

the wrist worms are so cute!!
    good things indeed ~~

• Reply Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/Yahgie August 19, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Love the fall collection.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/Yahgie´s last blog ..My mess I call a studio =-.

• Reply Jessica Zee August 19, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Love the Noa Noa photos, especially the way they’re so stunning and yet so cozy–such wonderful Wednesday inspiration! Thanks.
    .-= Jessica Zee´s last blog ..Dress up Your Office Bookshelves with Molding =-.

• Reply Susie Q August 19, 2009 at 1:57 pm

how funny I have that same book that Lisa turned into a lovely journal! that’s so weird to see another one like it! indeed it’s in French. Got mine for $1- at a local flea market it even came with musty smell.
    .-= Susie Q´s last blog ..{ blogger’s block} =-.

• Reply Vee August 19, 2009 at 3:30 pm

the wrist worms are cute and just love the buttcrack characters
    .-= Vee´s last blog ..Happy Friday – Do you like cupcakes =-.

• Reply Maddy August 19, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I love the packaging on the wrist worms! The lettering is lovely!
    .-= Maddy´s last blog ..Color Card 040: Valentine, Poppy, Mushroom, Warm Gray, Dark Charcoal =-.

• Reply christa morgenstern August 19, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I am wearing 48 and XXL by Noa noa fits nicely, and not tight even. I love their style and also the materials they use, I like natural materials like linen and coton. However a 48 or XXL by H&M for example I wouldn’t be able to get into.
    .-= christa morgenstern´s last blog ..Blog-Liste =-.

• Reply COZY KITCHEN BY THE SEA August 19, 2009 at 5:29 pm

i love all those photos !
    .-= COZY KITCHEN BY THE SEA´s last blog ..Outdoor Wednesday =-.

• Reply Zoe, Conversation Pieces August 19, 2009 at 6:06 pm

The Noa Noa stuff is lovely… might be bad for the bank balance I think!

• Reply girl, inspired August 19, 2009 at 6:22 pm

wrist worms are great! fabulous post, i am going to check out everything!!
    .-= girl, inspired´s last blog ..i believe in reincarnation =-.

• Reply Fifi Flowers August 19, 2009 at 6:28 pm

THose wrist warmer are très adorable… n’cest pas!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente August 19, 2009 at 7:30 pm

These are all so sweet! I love noa noa….*sigh* ….Right down the street?! Danger! Danger for sure! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Wow… =-.

• Reply Penny Patten August 19, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Love the Pink journal, and the wrist worms. I’ve made simular gloves, but not quite the same. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..So our Chicken Coop is complete! =-.

• Reply Katie Stephenson August 19, 2009 at 10:25 pm

That little flag banner is so dang cute, I think I’m going to go upstairs and make myself one to hang in my office right NOW.
    .-= Katie Stephenson´s last blog ..Gocco fix from Lisa Solomon =-.

• Reply Jujube August 19, 2009 at 10:51 pm

I heart the PINK journal :)

• Reply Paula Grace August 19, 2009 at 11:04 pm

I really like the fall clothes in your post. The black coat the back detailing is lovely! Thank you!
    Paula Grace ~
    .-= Paula Grace´s last blog .."Green with Envy" ~ Nathan Anthony =-.

• Reply Cookie Cutter August 19, 2009 at 11:35 pm

I couldn’t resist those wrist warmers and so checked out Sandra’s blog. Totally love it!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Dream vacation =-.

• Reply Ele August 20, 2009 at 1:17 am

I love all those- especially the wrist worms and the poster! A Noa Noa shop is opening around the corner from me in London. I walked by the other day and all those promo photos were in the window, but I’d never heard of the brand before. Off to do a bit of research on it now…
    .-= Ele´s last blog ..Product round-up: Bento =-.

• Reply Anetteshus.com August 20, 2009 at 1:37 am

Thank you for the inspiration!!

Anette:)
    .-= Anetteshus.com´s last blog ..ORDNING & REDA =-.

• Reply Ashely Adams : Sticker Printing August 20, 2009 at 3:19 am

i love the wrist warmers. the rest are cute and adorable.

• Reply CreativeActivity - Sandra August 20, 2009 at 4:58 am

Oh, I really really love the “we make sense” poster! So wonderful and charming!

Take care!
    /Sandra
    .-= CreativeActivity – Sandra´s last blog ..TACK goaste Proforma! =-.

• Reply Kristin August 20, 2009 at 7:56 am

Thanks for sharing, Holly! I love the poster (though I admit it took me forever to realize what it said, silly me!) and that journal is dreamy!
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..At Home with Daniella of Dress, Design, Decor =-.

• Reply Kirsty November 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I love the wristwarmers!!