Freshlyblended: Favorite Things

A few of my favorite things: Freshlyblended

Hey folks, it’s Nicole from Freshlyblended~ I’m here to share with you a few of my favorite things while Holly is on the move. I hope you enjoy my sneak peek at some of the things that inspire me day by day, some that I’ve just randomly collected through the years and others that hold deep meaning in my life.

Freshlyblended

This is one of my most favorite things in my whole house and it’s not even mine! it’s a beautiful quilt handmade from my good friend Shanna Murray for my little peanut, Zoe. She threw me the best baby shower this year and on top of that made my daughter something original and handmade she can cherish her whole life.

Freshlyblended

My little matryoshka nesting cats, given to me from my grandmother one Christmas. They are each hand painted and in the very smallest cat you’ll find the mouse. They sit right in front of one of my two Dawbis pieces.

Freshlyblended

My vintage cameras, (I have one more not shown in the photo), all were either given to me or found somewhere.

Freshlyblended

A great vintage 1930′s serving tray that I found at the world’s largest yard sale. Isn’t it pretty?

Freshlyblended

Two very dear to my heart drawings that my mother did in 1971. These are a creative reminder for me every time I stop to take a gander. These pieces let me know where my roots are and represent how important art is to me in my life.

Freshlyblended

My Julia Rothman print which sits right off to the side of one of the great peaked archways in my house. (built in the 1940′s, it’s a common architectural style in that era).

There are many things that inspire me, each day it’s something different but my mainstay is nature… I’ve always been fond of the outdoors and all it’s organic beauty. Most of my hobbies are related to the outdoors, I’m an avid gardener even though where I live (upstate New York) we only get about 3 months of decent weather every year. Most of the time it’s snowing so I’ll then hit the slopes and go snowboarding with my husband or just cozy in with the family and watch a good flick. I’m very much a homebody even though I run such a creatively rich blog, family is the most coveted thing in my life and much of my creative inspiration stems from them. I have creative roots on both sides of my family, ranging from architecture to quilting! My goal is to pass along all the creative wisdom I’ve collected through the years to my daughter in hopes that she can appreciate the little things in life that inspire, as I do. - Nicole

(images: freshlyblended)

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on August 20, 2009

1. The Designer Insider commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 6:48am

I also have a collection of vintage cameras that were part of my extended family. Great accessories make a house a home, especially when you can display your family treasures!

2. Make, Do & Send commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 7:20am

I really love zoe’s quilt it is so beautiful! I always think of quilts as being a bit chintzy but this isnt at all, i love the fabrics your friend picked out what a lucky little girl :)
    .-= Make, Do & Send´s last blog ..‘SPEND IT ON SOMETHING COOL’ MINI PRINTABLE ENVELOPE =-.

3. cara commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 9:50am

*love* that quilt + the cats + print! Fab faves :)
    .-= cara´s last blog ..[Non-Wedding] Dress Details =-.

4. Suzanne commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 9:52am

I love that everything has a story behind it.
    I’ve somehow started a vintage camera collection over the years as well, through giveaways from family and friends. Now I find my self actively looking for them when I’m thrifting.
    Oh, and those nesting cats are the sweetest things I’ve ever seen!
    .-= Suzanne´s last blog ..if it’s possible to die from a cuteness overload =-.

5. shelly commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 9:59am

Great stuff Nicole! I especially love the way you’ve displayed your goodies! I can say from experience that they look even better in real life!

6. Jennifer commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 11:54am

What lovely things and photos! Thank you for sharing them with us! Hope you’re having a wonderful day!

xoxo
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..An obsession of mine………. =-.

7. blue bicicletta commented
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:33pm

gorgeous artwork all through your house!
    .-= blue bicicletta´s last blog ..That Kite I Drew =-.