Books + Magazines

Parasol Craft Magazine

August 24, 2009

I heard from Yasmine Surovec this afternoon, the talented editor, designer and illustrator of the new Parasol Craft Magazine and author of A Print A Day (the decor8 blog of the week). Parasol Craft is an inspiring new magazine that you can download and is dedicated to showcasing handmade products and features freebies, too! The primary focus is to promote and inspire creativity… here’s but a peek…

Parasol Craft Magazine

Parasol Craft Magazine

Have you heard of either of these two creative spots online? I hadn’t until today, so I’ve been busily perusing Yasmine’s lovely pages for the past half hour. Gorgeous, I highly recommend picking up the current copy of Parasol Craft — it’s lovely!

Thanks for writing in, Yasmine!

(images: parasol craft magazine)

17 Comments

• Reply Christy August 24, 2009 at 5:34 pm

So lovely! I am off to take a peek at more.
    .-= Christy´s last blog ..Wilkintie =-.

• Reply Cindy August 24, 2009 at 5:38 pm

I hadn’t heard of either of them before this post, but they both look like a nice place to hang out for a while. Thanks for introducing me to them.
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Sole Mates – Art + Shoes =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn August 24, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Dolls are amazing and I especially like how your cart works.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owl and Pussycat Musical Treasure Box =-.

• Reply laura trevey August 24, 2009 at 6:02 pm

I will have to look it up! Looks lovely ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Black Eyed Susans =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie August 24, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I had not explored either site before. And I just looked around a bit and both are amazingly inspiring. I’m going to set aside a bit of time and look in more detail. Thanks so much for sharing yet another (and another) inspiring place for me to visit!
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..A Photo Shoot Kind of Weekend =-.

• Reply samantha hahn August 24, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Yasmine is super fantastic in every way. She’s an amazing surface pattern designer and really nice person. I’m so happy we are friends! Hope someday to meet her out of the virtual world! It’s exciting to see here here!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Cardboard horse stampede by Ann Wood =-.

• Reply Karissa August 24, 2009 at 8:21 pm

I love a print a day, but I hadn’t seen the magazine yet. Thanks for sharing this great find! :)

• Reply Leigh August 24, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I love Parasol Magazine, had no idea there was a craft edition! Can’t wait to read.
    .-= Leigh´s last blog ..Sequin Jewelry @ Gilt Fuse =-.

• Reply CherryTreeLane August 24, 2009 at 11:26 pm

I’m so excited to hear about this new magazine as my old mag CRAFT was closed down. I can’t wait to check this out! Thanks Holly!
    .-= CherryTreeLane´s last blog ..a not so light Monday =-.

• Reply puglyfeet August 24, 2009 at 11:53 pm

Awesome. I’m always on the lookout for new mags!
    .-= puglyfeet´s last blog ..Colour Lover: Cake =-.

• Reply Jacqueline August 25, 2009 at 1:35 am

This online magz is sooo lovely! Im so happy i hop on by your bubble space today! I have my eyes set on the dolls! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Wedding Belles =-.

• Reply Passementerie August 25, 2009 at 2:53 am

Beautiful! The photography reminds me of Nectar and Light (blog).
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Tidy house, tidy mind? =-.

• Reply eva August 25, 2009 at 3:37 am

I have n’t heard of it . But I’m SO glad I know now! I’m going to get me some coffee and then I’ll visit them.
    I can’t live without glossy magazines (online or paper) and honestly, I don’t want to either :)
    .-= eva´s last blog ..my best interview ever! =-.

• Reply Afi August 25, 2009 at 5:38 am

Wonderful! I love online magazines :) And this one should be really interesting!
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..More berries! =-.

• Reply Julie August 25, 2009 at 10:49 am

I’ll definitely have to check that out! It looks fantastic!

• Reply Jeanette August 26, 2009 at 3:39 am

Just lovely! Thanks for telling. I went right over and now I´m a happy owner of parasol craft :)

I´m a big fan of your blog, but you would not know, because I´m not that good at leaving comments. I stop by every day and you never disapoint. Every day a new find and wonderful stories an pictures. Thanks!! Ü
    .-= Jeanette´s last blog ..FinnishDesignShop + LUCKY ME =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 1, 2009 at 3:37 pm

I’m intrigued! So off to take a look, thanks for sharing this!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..That’s What She Said… =-.