Happy Weekend!

Hello friends! I’d like to wish each of you a lovely weekend and I hope that you get to do everything you hope to + more! I have an anniversary party to attend, a street festival and a shopping event to go to so I have a busy few days ahead of myself. What about you? What will you be doing? I’m settling in nicely here, it’s been so easy between paperwork and learning my way around… and I’m meeting lots and lots of people and practicing my German and it’s been a lot of fun to spend time outside of the house. I’ve already made many new friends and it’s only been 3 weeks so I think that this is a good sign. And I’m thinking of taking on an office space for decor8 so I can have my own place to go to work each day. I’m currently checking into this and looking for an appropriate space. Aside from all the good stuff I do miss my mother but I’m hoping she’ll overcome her fear of flying and come visit me in the Spring because I just know she’d love the lifestyle here (and the food, oh everything is so fresh and yummy!).

Happy Places

Happy Places

Happy Places

Yum

Happy Places

Happy Places

Bedroom

These are a few views of my home… I’m signing off now until Monday but I’ll be back then so have a great weekend and we’ll meet again here in only two days!

xo,

Holly

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 28, 2009

1. Laura Fair commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 2:44pm

Wow…you seem to be adjusting so well…wish I was as brave as you when I moved abroad 4 years ago. Good luck with everything…although it seems you do not need it!
    .-= Laura Fair´s last blog ..Pranzo all’Isola =-.

2. fat mum slim commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 3:12pm

Guten Tag!

I am so glad to hear that you are having a lovely time over there. Your home looks amazing… but who I am kidding. Would it be any other way?

I’d love to know where you got that beautiful little dolly that sits on your bed. I’d love something similiar for my little girl. xx
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Blog Meme. =-.

3. Jennifer commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 3:55pm

Lovely photos! This weekend I’ll be flying back home to Texas to be with my furry babies again, I’m so excited!

I hope you have a good weekend as well!!!

xoxo
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..The OC Fashion Haul =-.

4. Anita Dawoodi commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Hi Holly,

It seems you are busy, busy and enjoying it! I really enjoyed your pictures and I like the idea with the “Maßstab” (ruler).
    Have a great weekend!
    xo Anita
    .-= Anita Dawoodi´s last blog ..Glückwünsche an Nina =-.

5. Travelingmama commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 5:12pm

I was looking EVERYWHERE for the link earlier to Fine Little Day. I’m dropping HEAVY hints to my hubby for my upcoming 30th birthday! And I’m giving away a pair of the Moroccan slippers on my blog. Apparently that is what EVERYONE wants! We added a pair to the etsy shop to see if they sell. I’m guessing they will! We’ve had an amazing week! Thanks again!
    Have a great weekend!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..your {slippers} madame =-.

6. Shanon commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 5:37pm

The closeup of using the measuring tape has given me an idea what to finally do with the two white ones I bought at a antique show years ago. Thanks Holly!
    And I adore the idea of you having a place for Decor8 outside of your apartment. I can’t wait to see what it will look like. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..A girl’s heaven… =-.

7. Laura Gaskill commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 6:17pm

My oh my, what positively *lovely* photos these are, Holly! I so enjoy getting little peeks of your home :) I just closed escrow on my first home *today*, so this weekend I will be very busy moving and settling in! I’m already exhausted, but also very, very excited.

Enjoy your weekend!!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..A Corner Of Summer =-.

8. daily decorator commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 7:26pm

Glad to hear you’re doing well. Transition isn’t always that easy! Love to see the little peeks into your new home! Looks like you are making yourself cozy in your new place!

~Tracy
    .-= daily decorator´s last blog ..The Big Announcement! =-.

9. Samantha commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 7:33pm

Three weeks and you already have lovely little vignettes. Sigh. I still have boxes in my garage and it’s been 11 years. . .
    Have a great weekend.
    .-= Samantha´s last blog ..Dude! =-.

10. Design Cracker commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 7:35pm

Holly,
    Been enjoying your style for several years now. I am loving your courage in this huge move! But great great designers are made of it! Congrats on your new place and will always be tuning in.
    Deb
    .-= Design Cracker´s last blog ..Wednesday’s views. =-.

11. Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/Yahgie commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 9:00pm

Love the views of your home. Have a great weekend
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz/Yahgie´s last blog ..Online Sale =-.

12. elle commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 9:07pm

I’m loving that gorgeous owl print! Would you mind sharing where you got it? Thanks! :)
    .-= elle´s last blog ..Wearing Today 8.28.09 =-.

13. X man commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 9:22pm

nice home it looks fab

14. Daniella commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 9:58pm

Congrats on your move Holly! Looks like everything is going very well! And your own office space sounds great. Think of all the decorating you could do. Good luck!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..have a wonderful weekend… =-.

15. jwookie commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 1:31am

wow. if these are snippet pictures of your home, the rest must be gorgeous!

16. sar. commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 2:20am

your home looks – like a home, already…it took me years and is still not finished since i moved from germany to the uk…but there you go – you are the mastermind :) i love the fresh and airy look and as we’re redecorating at the moment i’m thinking of trying to achieve sth. similar. reading your plans for the weekend makes me a teeny bit homesick, i’m sure you’ll have fun – missing the german food, as you say it’s so yummy! i’ll be enjoying the last rays of (cold) sun this weekend and meet friends at a family fun day, hoping the sun keeps shining <3
    .-= sar.´s last blog ..a fairy tale. in jewellery. =-.

17. kat commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 2:37am

Hello! so nice to see one of my owls all framed up and looking right at home!
    hope your settling in ok
    k
    xx
    .-= kat´s last blog ..(via thepulpgirls) =-.

18. Nicola commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 4:45am

Ooh, I love this set of images – you look very settled in & cosy. How exciting, so many new things to discover.

19. Iva commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 5:04am

you’ve got Lenka’s album! I love the cover by James Hancock! Your home is beautiful, thanks for sharing with us :)

I’m going to a philharmonic orchestra concert in the park this weekend – it is the opening of Dance Week in my town. It should be fun!

have a lovely weekend! :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Etsy Love =-.

20. decor8 commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 5:24am

For those interested in the owl print, it’s an illustration by UK artist Kat Heyes. She’s amazing!

21. Passementerie commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 5:36am

I will be spending this afternoon with friends who are coming over for drinks and food in our garden and the rest of the weekend plotting my various dastardly plots, as you do.

I do hope your mother will come to see you – my mother in law has always been afraid to fly and this year for the first time in the five years her son has been living with me in Europe and Africa, she got on a plane and came to spend two weeks with us in Italy. Needless to say the experience was NOT as stressful or as terrifying as she had imagined and it seems quite certain that she is willing to repeat the visit next year… miracles can happen!
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Plotting September’s Social Whirl =-.

22. Van commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 6:56am

It is so cool to read what you like about my homeland =)
    I hope you have a wonderful time in good old “G”!

23. steph commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 8:19am

WOW beautiful! I especially love the first picture with the ruler that stores your photos and cards, where did you find that?

24. Mari Robeson commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Love the pics and weekly inspiration! Have a great weekend! Hope it’s not as hot as it is in California.~
    .-= Mari Robeson´s last blog ..Personalized Signature Pillow Black & White – $90.00 =-.

25. Mandy Saile of Bijou's Whimsy commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Beautiful little tidbits of your home, thanks for sharing.

26. Mrs M. commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 3:58pm

So nice…. Nice week-end !

27. Mermaid Shelley commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 6:44pm

Oh I LOVE your blog! So creative, so fun! I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like to add you to our blogger friends. Check us out, we’re Mermaids of the Lake at

We’re having a great give-away right now!

~Mermaid Shelley

28. Tamara Komuniecki commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 10:20pm

My goodness, the way you live is an inspiration! Not just your spirit and sense of adventure, but your keen eye for pretty things and your way of putting them together. I am learning from you, I hope! Picking up tips, etc. I am sitting in my disaster of an office but it is coming along! I can’t wait to post an “after” picture as I have a whole lot of “befores”!

Thanks for the inspiration.
    Tamara
    .-= Tamara Komuniecki´s last blog ..Monday morning =-.

29. Maaret commented
    August 30th, 2009 at 2:10am

Hi Holly.
    I’m so glad that you enjoy the German life! I really enjoy the peeks into your home, every detail is so beautiful.
    I agree, the owl print is gorgeous. I also like the print of the tablecloth in the 4th picture!
    All the best to you from Berlin!
    .-= Maaret´s last blog ..Anu Tuominen =-.

30. michelle commented
    August 30th, 2009 at 7:39am

lovely pics and lovely lovely blog :o)
    I see you like Lenka … I discovered that cd when I lived in NY last year and love love love it. You should check out last.fm … it’s great for picking similar artists.
    Love the little grey doll on your bed too, she’s soooo cute, can I ask where you got her?
    M x
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Small change big difference =-.

31. paperinstyle commented
    August 30th, 2009 at 9:26pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying food as well as people over there. BTW, I love the flasks as vases… BEAUTIFUL!
    .-= paperinstyle´s last blog ..raffia fun. bookmark =-.

32. Cookie Cutter commented
    August 30th, 2009 at 9:35pm

An office space sounds cool! Hope it works out well. And I’m loving all the flowers in your house :)
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Twitter =-.

33. ruxandra commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 6:25am

Everything looks perfect in your new house.From those fresh flowers, to the amazing print on the scarf[?] in the last pic.White never looked so stylish.And now i have to see who is Lenka, because you have a cd of hers.
    .-= ruxandra´s last blog ..A Moment of Reality =-.

34. Mel Design Heaven commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 7:20am

Holly – I love your photos! do you use lighting for your shots? also what camera do you use? I wish my photos had that lovely soft romantic look to them.
    .-= Mel Design Heaven´s last blog ..One popular vase it would seem =-.

35. decor8 commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 7:31am

Mel – I use a Lumix FZ28 (not an SLR) and no, I don’t use lighting for my shots though I really want my husband to teach me since he is a hobby photographer and is into lighting and all that… Me, I just point and shoot which is kind of sad to admit, but true.

36. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 3:48pm

Gorgeous! gorgeous! I love the beautiful details in your home hun! And you know, I have loved that little owl forever but, I never could find it in her shop ever again…..I love seeing it here. So many beautiful things….
    xo
    Melis

37. Mel Design Heaven commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 4:05pm

thanks holly.
    .-= Mel Design Heaven´s last blog ..Me old china… er cabinet =-.

38. Fiona commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 12:38am

Hi Holly, it made me smile today to see that your little doll is still with you! Your new space already looks beautiful. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

39. decor8 commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:34am

Thank you Fiona!

40. lisa :: the red thread commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:28pm

The softness of the lighting in your photos is so inviting… I can’t believe you just point and shoot! But of course the styling and composition are all you.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Inspiration :: Jessica Singh =-.

41. Jen commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 5:29pm

Oh! You like Lenka, too? I adore her! She’s so happy and soulful at the same time.

Did you move to Germany by yourself? I have the itch to relocate to a European location, but I don’t want to do it on my own. I lived in Ireland for two months and I was so lonely, even though I had a friend with me.

42. shintia commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 7:46pm

Hi..i would love to get more info on your little doll that sits on your bed, pleaseee???? thank you so much. always love your blog..

43. Penny Patten commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 11:08am

Holly your new home looks lovely, nice to see your settling in. I like the Owl print and the little dolly on the bed.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..That’s What She Said… =-.