This is glamorous: Favorite Things

A Few of My Favorite Things: This is glamorous

Hello everyone and happy weekend to you! I’m Roséline from the blog {this is glamorous}, visiting while Holly is in the middle of beginning a new life in Germany. It’s lovely to be here and to share a few of my favourite things which just may get you in the mood for the weekend…

{this is glamorous}

{mirrored storage boxes} Open plan living means the need for storage — favourites are glittering and etched venetian glass boxes to hide clutter and hold pretty little things.

{this is glamorous}

{the perfect handbag} I am rarely without my blackberry, ipod, a camera, a variety of lip balms and glosses, a compact, a daybook and many other things, so a great handbag is necessary — this sandy suede Phillip Lim is perfect and a Summer favourite.

{this is glamorous}

{heavenly scents} There is always a scented candle burning somewhere and never leave the house without wearing a beautiful scent – current favourite is Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, which is warm and heady and really quite sexy.

{this is glamorous}

{shoes, shoes, shoes} Current favourites — from the UK, the softest suede and go with nearly everything.

{this is glamorous}

{little luxuries} Perfectly chilled champagne, pretty pastries and bouquets of roses are a few of the little things that add a little elegance to the end of a busy week.

{inspiration} Always so many beautiful things to be inspired by, but the things I always return to are: bright summer afternoons, dinners for two, crème brûlée, being on the water, late-night conversations, morning coffee, discovering new things, and traveling, which is the best inspiration of all.

{good advice} Spent one summer in a beautiful art gallery where the very wise and talented gallery owner once told me to think about where I wanted to be in ten years and to do one thing every day that would take me a step closer to that goal — it was such a novel idea — tend to live in the moment and ten years seemed like an eternity away, but it reminds me to take a moment every once in a while to look at the big picture…

Also love this quote: “A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are for.” Thanks so much, Holly, for inviting me to be a part of this lovely series — warm wishes + best of luck in your new adventure! Have a beautiful week everyone, ~ Roséline

(images: this is glamorous)

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on August 28, 2009

1. valerie commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 3:49pm

thank you for the lovely post. can you tell me where I can find the Phillip Lim handbag? thanks you!

2. Jennifer commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 3:57pm

Mmm, we share two loves, suede and Miss Dior Cherie, the loveliest scent ever in my opinion!

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful things!

xoxo
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..The OC Fashion Haul =-.

3. Jane commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 4:17pm

Oh that Philip Lim bag is beautiful. What an inspiring start to the weekend. xox
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Food Memories – Toast by Nigel Slater =-.

4. Shiriously commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 4:53pm

Where are those shoes from? They are fantastic!!!

5. Laura Gaskill commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 6:19pm

I love that quote – I am writing it down right now, and taping it up above my desk :)
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..A Corner Of Summer =-.

6. Aspirations of a Southern Housewife commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 7:52pm

very lovely post. Perfect favorite things!

7. kim commented
    August 28th, 2009 at 11:14pm

where are the shoes from??!!

8. Amber commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 12:06am

I love your blog. It is serene, lovely, and yes, glamorous. Do you have a source for the shoes. The day will come when I will only wear perfect shoes.

9. sar. commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 2:27am

Thanks for this inspiring post – the phrase with the ship and the story about the gallery owner are what I will take with me..I’m as you quite a moment person and even though I create daydreams of the future I don’t think I ever draw it out quite as detailed or realistic so this is sth. I will try after reading the good advice – thanks so much. Oh and those shoes … they are fabulous :) enjoy your weekend.
    .-= sar.´s last blog ..a fairy tale. in jewellery. =-.

10. Ana Carolina commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 8:57am

Love it all!

11. Ana Carolina commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 8:58am

Love it all! :-)
    .-= Ana Carolina´s last blog ..Bloglovin =-.

12. Megan commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 9:09am

Yes, please tell us who designed those shoes. So tantalizing and no details!

13. shay commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 10:57am

My favorite “favorite things” to date…I have been loving this series.
    They have all been inspiring.
    Shay

14. {this is glamorous} commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 11:31am

Hello everyone! Stopping in to say hello – thanks so much for such lovely comments!

Valerie – the Phillip Lim handbag was from Barneys in NYC

Jennifer – Miss Dior Cherie really is lovely – so light and fresh + adore suede, except when it rains!

Shiriously + Kim – the shoes are British and a very, very beautiful gift

Amber – thanks so much! A charming idea to wear only perfect shoes . . . as for mine – so sorry not to have a source! Were a lovely gift . . .

Hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend!
    xo
    .-= {this is glamorous}´s last blog ..{happy weekend!} =-.

15. {this is glamorous} commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 11:42am

Sar. – isn’t the quote about the ship lovely? Reminds me to be daring and take more risks – and as for the advice, it has been such a great inspiration – wonderful that it has inspired you as well – best of luck with turning your goals and future plans into reality!

xo
    .-= {this is glamorous}´s last blog ..{happy weekend!} =-.

16. Karen commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Sigh, I love everything, especially that bag! My goodness!
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..ABC Love Print =-.

17. kristina commented
    August 29th, 2009 at 10:23pm

I love the ten-year plan…as a SAHM I feel like if I’m not accomplishing something right here, right now, I am failing…but if I can have a bigger picture, and do a little each day towards that goal…now that is a plan!

18. Cookie Cutter commented
    August 30th, 2009 at 9:40pm

Your images live up to your blog’s name– all glamourous! I’m seriously in love with the shoes!
    .-= Cookie Cutter´s last blog ..Twitter =-.

19. Easy and Elegant Life commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 9:39am

Nicely done TIG. Brilliant {inspiration} and who can deny the joy that a good, chilled bottle of bubble brings to the moment. I had a friend who would pipe up “JOY!” or “Happiness!” whenever she heard the pop of the cork.
    .-= Easy and Elegant Life´s last blog ..Grime Waves =-.

20. Patrice commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 11:07am

mmm…. I love everything in this post!
    .-= Patrice´s last blog ..060. Inspiration Board: Emily =-.

21. Lecia commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 3:07pm

Lovely images. And thank you sharing the story about the advice you were given – wise words.

22. monica from hola!design commented
    August 31st, 2009 at 7:27pm

Thanks you for sharing all your favourites! Your blog is an inspiration:I feel glamorous just by reading it!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Is that a vase? =-.

23. britt commented
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:03pm

can you share with us who the designer is of those adorable shoes…even if they were a gift?!

24. Erin commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:30am

Simply the greatest of lists. That Phillip Lim bag and shoes have me in a little puddle on the floor.

25. Penny Patten commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 11:17am

Love the idea of the glass boxes to store things in. (I have a thing for little jars for beads etc.) Love the shoes, even though I could never wear that high of a heel! hmmmm-champagne and cup cakes, looks like a fun combination. Thank You for sharing, your things a long with your thoughts and advice!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..That’s What She Said… =-.

26. Kathy commented