Events + Markets

Illustrative 2009 Berlin

September 1, 2009

Well it’s no secret that I love art and illustration so when Sia told me about Illustrative 2009 and that it will be held in Berlin, I instantly ran to the website (well my fingers did) and wow – I’m excited! Berlin is a quick train ride for me, only an hour and a half, so I’m considering attending this event and perhaps if I do and photography is allowed, I will share my impressions with you. :)

Illustrative 2009 Berlin

Illustrative 2009 Berlin

Illustrative 2009 Berlin

What is Illustrative? It’s an event for contemporary graphic art that will begin on October 16 and run until November 1st in Berlin. More than 600 works will be on display from over 60 artists worldwide — drawings, graphic prints, mural collages, book art, animation and more. This sounds like the best way to spend an evening to me – a visual feast! There will also be an exhibition showing the works of those who won the Swatch Young Illustrators award. This is the fifth time that Illustrative will be held, you can catch glimpses of their last event here. The photos shown in this post are from their recent event in Zurich. Looks like fun! :)

(images: illustrative)

24 Comments

• Reply Anne September 1, 2009 at 1:31 pm

OOOh!!! I wanna go there! Let’s go together!

• Reply Marlene September 1, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Lucky you!!!
    .-= Marlene´s last blog ..Collage Discovery Workshop =-.

• Reply diana strinati baur September 1, 2009 at 1:39 pm

That is going to be fantastic. What a wonderful opportunity to see excellent graphic design, in the top up-and-coming city in Europe. Perfect. I think it will be a blast.
    .-= diana strinati baur´s last blog ..Art for Women’s Health =-.

• Reply thebellalife September 1, 2009 at 1:54 pm

My sister and I were talking last night about how we think it’s weird when girls are jealous of each others looks/clothes… We both decided we’re the type that get jealous about what YOU get to do in Germany. This is a prime example of what makes me JEALOUS! You. ARE. So. COOL. Please go to this event so we can experience it through you.

Keighley

• Reply Amanda September 1, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I saw these pictures on your flickr and had to come see what they were about. This looks like such an inspiring event to go to. I hope you are able to check it out!

• Reply Eileen September 1, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Well even more of a reason to include Berlin on a possible trip to Europe this fall. Now I will really get the ball rolling on that one. Thanks for the heads-up!
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..August 30, 2009 =-.

• Reply lisa :: the red thread September 1, 2009 at 4:20 pm

That looks like my idea of heaven! I’d love it if I could visit vicariously through you!
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Inspiration :: Jessica Singh =-.

• Reply Yoli September 1, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I love this, I could spend hours there.

• Reply Mr Jones September 1, 2009 at 5:33 pm

You have a cool website – And thank you for featuring your blog of the week. So Awesomely cool.
    .-= Mr Jones´s last blog ..Slice of Africa in North London =-.

• Reply Tricia McKellar September 1, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Oh Holly! This sounds fabulous! A real feast for the eyes. I do hope you can take some pics to share. :)
    .-= Tricia McKellar´s last blog ..Botanical Lily No. 7773. 8×8 Fine Art Photograph by Tricia McKellar. Matte print. =-.

• Reply Victoria Zlotkowski September 1, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Oh, I so would love to be there, my son studies visual communications at the UdK in Berlin, that is his passion and I am sure he will be there too!
    have fun and enjoy berlin, it’s my first city in Germany!
    .-= Victoria Zlotkowski´s last blog ..Lyndhurst in September =-.

• Reply Alison Gibbs September 1, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Looks like a fabulous event to go to
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..LAST DAY OF WINTER =-.

• Reply *SNY September 2, 2009 at 3:05 am

This would be so fun and inspiring to go and see! Hope for more photos!

• Reply eric tabuena September 2, 2009 at 6:10 am

LOVE, LOVE Great stuff!!!
    .-= eric tabuena´s last blog ..Character study prototype =-.

• Reply morgane September 2, 2009 at 6:20 am

oh, i think i will also visit this wonder.

can’t wait.
    .-= morgane´s last blog ..clay necklace number 5 =-.

• Reply The Perfect Palette September 2, 2009 at 7:21 am

looks like a great event!
    .-= The Perfect Palette´s last blog ..Sponsor Introduction: Lasso’d Moon Designs =-.

• Reply Kinsey Barnard September 2, 2009 at 8:00 am

What an interesting exhibition. Certainly wish I could attend.

• Reply Diana September 2, 2009 at 8:03 am

Oh WOW – can I come? :-)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..There’s a Chill in the Air =-.

• Reply ruxandra September 2, 2009 at 8:20 am

this looks amazing.only having the posibility to go at a this kind of event is great.i don’t think we haave events like that here.so go there, enjoy it an share your opinions.
    .-= ruxandra´s last blog ..Almost there.Where i can be me.A 16 year-old me. =-.

• Reply Amy@Pikaland September 4, 2009 at 12:07 am

Oh my, this looks fabulous! I wish I could go!
    .-= Amy@Pikaland´s last blog ..Know your alphabets! =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 6, 2009 at 8:21 am

This looks fun and Interesting. Hopefully they let you take pictures.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Onions & Carrots/two things that did grow… =-.

• Reply Diane September 14, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I have just seen your pictures of dutch fabric market, Wow, Wow, I love all of them. is there anyone tell me where I can purchase them? from some warehouse ?? as I have a fabric shop, I would like to stock them. Please anyone can help me?

• Reply decor8 September 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm

@Diane – I’m not sure, sorry. Maybe you can write to the fabric market organizers?

• Reply Diane September 14, 2010 at 4:01 pm