Happy Weekend!

Thank you for joining me on decor8 this week, I’ve enjoyed sharing this space with you and I hope that you’ve been inspired by all of the things you’ve seen and read. I’m working on an American schedule despite living in Germany so I will observe U.S. holidays and take off on Labor Day. We’ll meet again on Tuesday, September 8th. But first (don’t go!) I have a few things to share…

Happy Weekend!

On Tuesday, Leslie will be back with more Color Me Pretty for you to enjoy — wait until you see what she has in store for you this time — you will LOVE the visual feast she has created. I’ll also resume writing Etsy Take Five Tuesdays and Musical Thursdays as well, starting on the 8th. In October, I’ll have a second editor come aboard alongside Leslie and I, I will reveal who she is when the time comes but she has committed to spending 6 months with me on decor8 and to post biweekly so this will be such a lovely addition.

So… I shall see you in just a few days. Make this weekend a good one! Decorate your car with balloons or something…. This vintage Mercedes was decked out down the street from me this past Sunday – don’t you love it?!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 04, 2009

1. Afi commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 7:57pm

Your blog is getting better and better Holly, full of inspiration, I really enjoy spending time here :) Wow! It’s so exciting to see such a beauty in the street! Great photo!! xox
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Chubby birdie =-.

2. Debbie commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 9:20pm

Have a whimsical weekend, Holly! Love the decked out car! Was it decked out for a wedding? Blessings!
    .-= Debbie´s last blog ..Sweet Art =-.

3. liza commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 9:23pm

That photo is classic! I love it. Happy long weekend!
    .-= liza´s last blog ..Beautiful Weekend =-.

4. alexandra keller commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Happy weekend to you, too! I’d love to go for a ride in that car – balloons and all!
    .-= alexandra keller´s last blog ..elegant =-.

5. laura trevey commented
    September 4th, 2009 at 9:34pm

what a festive photo!! love the balloons…
    Happy Labor Day weekend ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Happy Labor Day Weekend =-.

6. Merissa commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 3:07am

Happy Labor Day all the way over in Germany!
    And that Mercedes decked out with balloons out in front of the pink building was meant to be captured in a photo! How fun!
    .-= Merissa´s last blog ..:My 1st Bridesmaids Bouquets: =-.

7. Amy Rae commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 4:03am

What a beautiful photo! You have a lovely blog (and comment box, I might add). Always a pleasure.
    .-= Amy Rae´s last blog ..The Toybox (September 4, 2009) =-.

8. Viv commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 4:25am

Exciting news!

How fun is that car. I hope noone was driving it with the balloons on the front hehe.

Viv xx
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Join the dots =-.

9. Passementerie commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 4:36am

What a fabulous picture and I look forward to seeing who your new editor is… after nearly a year away from regular blog-reading I’ve been leaping back in with delight at all the changes that have happened and am horrified all the inspiration that I have missing out on for so long. Very glad to be back.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Because it’s so very simple =-.

10. Hilal,NewMoonStudio commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 7:44am

You have an amazing blog!I love everything about it.It is fun, rich and elegant! I think this image is very romantic and beautiful! Thank you!

11. {kiss my spatula} commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 1:00pm

what a magical photo! love it!

12. klee commented
    September 5th, 2009 at 3:01pm

will be looking forward to it thn :)
    and tt car, pretty pretty balloons!

love-decoded.blogspot.com
    .-= klee´s last blog ..jessica stam =-.

13. Sarah commented
    September 6th, 2009 at 2:39pm

I just stumbled across your blog around a week ago, and it’s quickly made its way onto my Everyday-Reads list! I must admit, I have you to blame for keeping me from tidying the house today, as I’ve been browsing the lovely archives. Now, I’m off to rearrange bits around the living room, because I have complete decor-envy!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll certainly be clicking over here come Tuesday. :)
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Film. =-.

14. Rachel commented
    September 6th, 2009 at 9:25pm

ohhh, what a perfect shot! LOVE IT! thank you for sharing:)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Shop of the Week: Supermarket Sarah =-.

15. montague commented
    September 7th, 2009 at 6:32am

loooove that photograph!
    .-= montague´s last blog ..the american summer =-.

16. liz commented
    September 7th, 2009 at 7:48am

This is my first visit to your blog and when I see around the mind blowing decors you have added, well I cant resist that I had to visit your blog again and again.
    Nice info, keep posting and have a nice day.
    Bye.

17. Petergaye K. Kisielewicz/Yahgie commented
    September 7th, 2009 at 8:49am

Love the balloon idea. Happy Labor Day!
    .-= Petergaye K. Kisielewicz/Yahgie´s last blog ..Tips for designing a kid’s room. =-.

18. Nuit commented
    September 7th, 2009 at 1:07pm

what a great photo!! love the car! thank you for everything Holly!!! xo
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Interior stylist: Selina Lake (MORE Eye candy!) =-.

19. kifus commented
    September 7th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Awwww! That IS such a romantic car! Though I guess my husband wouldn’t be seen in a pink car not in a million years!
    .-= kifus´s last blog ..Everybody loves gardens! =-.

20. Penny Patten commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 10:15am

I love going through all your blog entries, and I’ve enjoyed your guests. Everything is so inspirational, and fun. We never know where you’ll take us next, or who’s work you’ll be featuring. Thank You for the great variety and interesting posts.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..The Donkey Arrived Yesterday =-.