Happy Weekend!

September 4, 2009

Thank you for joining me on decor8 this week, I’ve enjoyed sharing this space with you and I hope that you’ve been inspired by all of the things you’ve seen and read. I’m working on an American schedule despite living in Germany so I will observe U.S. holidays and take off on Labor Day. We’ll meet again on Tuesday, September 8th. But first (don’t go!) I have a few things to share…

Happy Weekend!

On Tuesday, Leslie will be back with more Color Me Pretty for you to enjoy — wait until you see what she has in store for you this time — you will LOVE the visual feast she has created. I’ll also resume writing Etsy Take Five Tuesdays and Musical Thursdays as well, starting on the 8th. In October, I’ll have a second editor come aboard alongside Leslie and I, I will reveal who she is when the time comes but she has committed to spending 6 months with me on decor8 and to post biweekly so this will be such a lovely addition.

So… I shall see you in just a few days. Make this weekend a good one! Decorate your car with balloons or something…. This vintage Mercedes was decked out down the street from me this past Sunday – don’t you love it?!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Afi September 4, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Your blog is getting better and better Holly, full of inspiration, I really enjoy spending time here :) Wow! It’s so exciting to see such a beauty in the street! Great photo!! xox
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Chubby birdie =-.

• Reply Debbie September 4, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Have a whimsical weekend, Holly! Love the decked out car! Was it decked out for a wedding? Blessings!
    .-= Debbie´s last blog ..Sweet Art =-.

• Reply liza September 4, 2009 at 9:23 pm

That photo is classic! I love it. Happy long weekend!
    .-= liza´s last blog ..Beautiful Weekend =-.

• Reply alexandra keller September 4, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Happy weekend to you, too! I’d love to go for a ride in that car – balloons and all!
    .-= alexandra keller´s last blog ..elegant =-.

• Reply laura trevey September 4, 2009 at 9:34 pm

what a festive photo!! love the balloons…
    Happy Labor Day weekend ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Happy Labor Day Weekend =-.

• Reply Merissa September 5, 2009 at 3:07 am

Happy Labor Day all the way over in Germany!
    And that Mercedes decked out with balloons out in front of the pink building was meant to be captured in a photo! How fun!
    .-= Merissa´s last blog ..:My 1st Bridesmaids Bouquets: =-.

• Reply Amy Rae September 5, 2009 at 4:03 am

What a beautiful photo! You have a lovely blog (and comment box, I might add). Always a pleasure.
    .-= Amy Rae´s last blog ..The Toybox (September 4, 2009) =-.

• Reply Viv September 5, 2009 at 4:25 am

Exciting news!

How fun is that car. I hope noone was driving it with the balloons on the front hehe.

Viv xx
    .-= Viv´s last blog ..Join the dots =-.

• Reply Passementerie September 5, 2009 at 4:36 am

What a fabulous picture and I look forward to seeing who your new editor is… after nearly a year away from regular blog-reading I’ve been leaping back in with delight at all the changes that have happened and am horrified all the inspiration that I have missing out on for so long. Very glad to be back.
    .-= Passementerie´s last blog ..Because it’s so very simple =-.

• Reply Hilal,NewMoonStudio September 5, 2009 at 7:44 am

You have an amazing blog!I love everything about it.It is fun, rich and elegant! I think this image is very romantic and beautiful! Thank you!

• Reply {kiss my spatula} September 5, 2009 at 1:00 pm

what a magical photo! love it!

• Reply klee September 5, 2009 at 3:01 pm

will be looking forward to it thn :)
    and tt car, pretty pretty balloons!

.-= klee´s last blog ..jessica stam =-.

• Reply Sarah September 6, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I just stumbled across your blog around a week ago, and it’s quickly made its way onto my Everyday-Reads list! I must admit, I have you to blame for keeping me from tidying the house today, as I’ve been browsing the lovely archives. Now, I’m off to rearrange bits around the living room, because I have complete decor-envy!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll certainly be clicking over here come Tuesday. :)
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Film. =-.

• Reply Rachel September 6, 2009 at 9:25 pm

ohhh, what a perfect shot! LOVE IT! thank you for sharing:)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Shop of the Week: Supermarket Sarah =-.

• Reply montague September 7, 2009 at 6:32 am

loooove that photograph!
    .-= montague´s last blog ..the american summer =-.

• Reply liz September 7, 2009 at 7:48 am

This is my first visit to your blog and when I see around the mind blowing decors you have added, well I cant resist that I had to visit your blog again and again.
    Nice info, keep posting and have a nice day.

• Reply Petergaye K. Kisielewicz/Yahgie September 7, 2009 at 8:49 am

Love the balloon idea. Happy Labor Day!
    .-= Petergaye K. Kisielewicz/Yahgie´s last blog ..Tips for designing a kid’s room. =-.

• Reply Nuit September 7, 2009 at 1:07 pm

what a great photo!! love the car! thank you for everything Holly!!! xo
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Interior stylist: Selina Lake (MORE Eye candy!) =-.

• Reply kifus September 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Awwww! That IS such a romantic car! Though I guess my husband wouldn’t be seen in a pink car not in a million years!
    .-= kifus´s last blog ..Everybody loves gardens! =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 9, 2009 at 10:15 am

I love going through all your blog entries, and I’ve enjoyed your guests. Everything is so inspirational, and fun. We never know where you’ll take us next, or who’s work you’ll be featuring. Thank You for the great variety and interesting posts.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..The Donkey Arrived Yesterday =-.