Books + Magazines

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

September 8, 2009

I just learned about a new book from Denmark that I must get my hands on, it’s called Elsk Dit Hjem which I think translates to Love Your Home in English. It was recently released and the author, Ranvita la Cour, is a Feng Shui expert, stylist and freelance writer from Copenhagen and one half of the duo behind Happy Living. Here’s a peek of her new book…

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

I’m hoping that someday I will get to meet Ranvita at a home show or something, as she’s just north of me living in Hellebæk, Denmark and I’m dying to meet the movers and the shakers in the design world over here and Ranvita seems to be quite an “it” girl in Denmark. I just learned about this book today via Spagat (thanks, Sidsel!) so I will now go off on the great hunt to locate a copy of this book online…

(images: elsk dit hjem)

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Lovely Sunflower September 8, 2009 at 7:23 am

I’m dying when I see white lamps like this! Where, oh where do they all come frome?
    The books seems to be pretty georgeous, too, it’s almost too bright for a Scandi design book :)
    .-= Lovely Sunflower´s last blog ..Longing for mushrooms…. =-.

• Reply sidsel_._ September 8, 2009 at 8:05 am

you will love it! – I hope it will be translated into English soon.
    Just having it in my home – brings new energy into the home – It simply radiates good energy! I´m glad you pictures are bigger than mine – they really deserve it.
    .-= sidsel_._´s last blog ..Pimp my Time – workshop =-.

• Reply mimi September 8, 2009 at 8:40 am

Thanks for introducing us to this great book. The rooms are beautiful and I really love the cover! Hope you get to meet to author…
    .-= mimi´s last blog ..David Wiseman…ceiling art =-.

• Reply Solvi September 8, 2009 at 8:42 am

Lovely Sunflower:

The pendant is a Moser from Louis Poulsen

The task lamp is a Luxo L1

• Reply Suzanne September 8, 2009 at 9:45 am

Ooooooh, I love a good “home” book. That one looks fab!
    .-= Suzanne´s last blog ..just a quick note… =-.

• Reply kristin September 8, 2009 at 12:00 pm

That looks like a REALLY great book! I’m going to see if I can’t find a copy for myself, too. Thank you for sharing! :)
    .-= kristin´s last blog ..“Designers I met + liked” =-.

• Reply Laura Gaskill September 8, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Adorable cover! And those spaces look so friendly & inviting in just the right way :) I would definitely purchase this one!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Dreaming… =-.

• Reply melissa deakin September 8, 2009 at 2:24 pm

oh, this book looks amazing.
    i too am off to search online to see if i can get my hands on it.
    if you have any luck, can you share a link?
    thanks so much.
    {a highlight of my day is reading your blog…you are amazing!}
    .-= melissa deakin´s last blog ..Thursday’s thought… =-.

• Reply Lovely Sunflower September 8, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Solvi, thanks a bunch! The lamp on the table is a realy beauty!
    .-= Lovely Sunflower´s last blog ..Longing for mushrooms…. =-.

• Reply Daniella September 8, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Oh that LOVE frame is just gorgeous! And I want those booties, lol. Thanks for sharing Holly!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..inspired reading… =-.

• Reply jennifer ramos September 8, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Let us know where you find it….I ‘ve had no luck…and when i run into a site it’s not in ENGLISH….I also would like the book :)))))))))
    .-= jennifer ramos´s last blog ..My Stuart Weitzman wedding shoes arrived…. =-.

• Reply Beatrice Chan September 8, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Where can I get this lovely book? Thanks for sharing! :)

• Reply jen jafarzadeh September 8, 2009 at 10:00 pm

oh this book is fantastic! I think I’ll have to add it to the wishlist even though I won’t be able to read a word. the photos you shared totally hooked me.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..guitars on display =-.

• Reply sidsel_._ September 9, 2009 at 3:07 am

The book can be bought here – they ship to USA via UPS – not sure about the shipping cost though.

Otherwise I think you should email the publisher and ask if it will be on Amazon soon or published in English – It´s really well written and full og wonderful tips which would be a pity to miss out on.

.-= sidsel_._´s last blog ..Pimp my Time – workshop =-.

• Reply Fraulein F. September 9, 2009 at 3:44 am

Oh my god! I have to have this book! I like the danish deocation style very much!
    .-= Fraulein F. ´s last blog ..Rahmenhandlung / Frame action =-.

• Reply Carrie @ CarrieCan September 9, 2009 at 6:22 am

Really hope they translate it into English. The photographs are wonderful…
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..Modern wisdoms =-.

• Reply Shanon September 9, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Mmmmm… a wonderful reminder that I need a cabin by a lake, completely white. *sigh* I hope you meet this “mover and shaker” soon! =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..I was gonna… =-.

• Reply Zarnigar September 10, 2009 at 3:17 am

one of the most creative decoration of study rooms i ve ever seen ………… it looks xtremly splendid ……. notice board or whateva it is in the end its amazing as well