Elsk Dit Hjem: New Book

I just learned about a new book from Denmark that I must get my hands on, it’s called Elsk Dit Hjem which I think translates to Love Your Home in English. It was recently released and the author, Ranvita la Cour, is a Feng Shui expert, stylist and freelance writer from Copenhagen and one half of the duo behind Happy Living. Here’s a peek of her new book…

Elsk Dit Hjem

Elsk Dit Hjem

Elsk Dit Hjem

Elsk Dit Hjem

Elsk Dit Hjem

I’m hoping that someday I will get to meet Ranvita at a home show or something, as she’s just north of me living in Hellebæk, Denmark and I’m dying to meet the movers and the shakers in the design world over here and Ranvita seems to be quite an “it” girl in Denmark. I just learned about this book today via Spagat (thanks, Sidsel!) so I will now go off on the great hunt to locate a copy of this book online…

(images: elsk dit hjem)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 08, 2009

1. Lovely Sunflower commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:23am

I’m dying when I see white lamps like this! Where, oh where do they all come frome?
    The books seems to be pretty georgeous, too, it’s almost too bright for a Scandi design book :)
    .-= Lovely Sunflower´s last blog ..Longing for mushrooms…. =-.

2. sidsel_._ commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:05am

you will love it! – I hope it will be translated into English soon.
    Just having it in my home – brings new energy into the home – It simply radiates good energy! I´m glad you pictures are bigger than mine – they really deserve it.
    .-= sidsel_._´s last blog ..Pimp my Time – workshop =-.

3. mimi commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:40am

Thanks for introducing us to this great book. The rooms are beautiful and I really love the cover! Hope you get to meet to author…
    .-= mimi´s last blog ..David Wiseman…ceiling art =-.

4. Solvi commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:42am

Lovely Sunflower:

The pendant is a Moser from Louis Poulsen

The task lamp is a Luxo L1

5. Suzanne commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:45am

Ooooooh, I love a good “home” book. That one looks fab!
    .-= Suzanne´s last blog ..just a quick note… =-.

6. kristin commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 12:00pm

That looks like a REALLY great book! I’m going to see if I can’t find a copy for myself, too. Thank you for sharing! :)
    .-= kristin´s last blog ..“Designers I met + liked” =-.

7. Laura Gaskill commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:16pm

Adorable cover! And those spaces look so friendly & inviting in just the right way :) I would definitely purchase this one!
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Dreaming… =-.

8. melissa deakin commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:24pm

oh, this book looks amazing.
    i too am off to search online to see if i can get my hands on it.
    if you have any luck, can you share a link?
    thanks so much.
    {a highlight of my day is reading your blog…you are amazing!}
    .-= melissa deakin´s last blog ..Thursday’s thought… =-.

9. Lovely Sunflower commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Solvi, thanks a bunch! The lamp on the table is a realy beauty!
    .-= Lovely Sunflower´s last blog ..Longing for mushrooms…. =-.

10. Daniella commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 3:36pm

Oh that LOVE frame is just gorgeous! And I want those booties, lol. Thanks for sharing Holly!
    .-= Daniella´s last blog ..inspired reading… =-.

11. jennifer ramos commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:59pm

Let us know where you find it….I ‘ve had no luck…and when i run into a site it’s not in ENGLISH….I also would like the book :)))))))))
    .-= jennifer ramos´s last blog ..My Stuart Weitzman wedding shoes arrived…. =-.

12. Beatrice Chan commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Where can I get this lovely book? Thanks for sharing! :)

13. jen jafarzadeh commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:00pm

oh this book is fantastic! I think I’ll have to add it to the wishlist even though I won’t be able to read a word. the photos you shared totally hooked me.
    .-= jen jafarzadeh´s last blog ..guitars on display =-.

14. sidsel_._ commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 3:07am

The book can be bought here – they ship to USA via UPS – not sure about the shipping cost though.

Otherwise I think you should email the publisher and ask if it will be on Amazon soon or published in English – It´s really well written and full og wonderful tips which would be a pity to miss out on.

.-= sidsel_._´s last blog ..Pimp my Time – workshop =-.

15. Fraulein F. commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 3:44am

Oh my god! I have to have this book! I like the danish deocation style very much!
    .-= Fraulein F. ´s last blog ..Rahmenhandlung / Frame action =-.

16. Carrie @ CarrieCan commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 6:22am

Really hope they translate it into English. The photographs are wonderful…
    .-= Carrie @ CarrieCan´s last blog ..Modern wisdoms =-.

17. Shanon commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 5:03pm

Mmmmm… a wonderful reminder that I need a cabin by a lake, completely white. *sigh* I hope you meet this “mover and shaker” soon! =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..I was gonna… =-.

18. Zarnigar commented
    September 10th, 2009 at 3:17am

one of the most creative decoration of study rooms i ve ever seen ………… it looks xtremly splendid ……. notice board or whateva it is in the end its amazing as well