Inspired By…

I’m really feeling tones of lusty romantic violets and soft greens right now with black and weathered gray mixed in… all against a white foundation (but of course) with ethnic accents. Here are some current inspirations from my files…

Inspired By

Dilka Bear

Inspired By

The palette in my bedroom

Inspired By

The Autumn collection at my Noa Noa shop around the corner.

Inspired By

Tine K Home

Inspired By

Tine K Home

Inspired By

Tine K Home

LivingEtc

LivingEtc

Inspired By

Tine K Home

Inspired By

Tine K Home

LivingEtc

LivingEtc

Are you inspired by this palette too? It’s everywhere over here… clothing, interiors, cosmetics, fashion accessories. I think it’s a relaxing, soft mix that takes us into Fall and then nicely into the Winter season as gray is such a great neutral for the cold months… I like pairing gray with black and silver for December, it’s a nice palette to decorate the home with since it’s classy and cozy.

I also love the idea of bringing the outdoors in with natural touches — fallen branches, pinecones, acorns and flowers. Natural wood is another favorite of mine, anything rustic and untreated works very nicely with this palette as it provides a nice contrast while adding warmth as violets and grays can go a bit “cold” otherwise. You can warm up this cool scheme with natural woods, elements from the outdoors, and various textures — crochet, woodgrain, flat weaves, knits, felts, etc.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 08, 2009

1. lisa h. commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:06am

I’m right there with you. I really like icy lavenders and violets and grays mixed with plummy browns too.

In the fall, I like bringing home a few fallen leaves from my walks. They don’t last long, but they look very pretty on a table or windowsill with some candles.
    .-= lisa h.´s last blog ..A walk in the park: 5 palettes for the end of summer =-.

2. pilgrim commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:43am

long time reader, sporadic commenter. just recently i’ve bean buying a lot more of these dusky pastel tones because the suit my skin tone. they always remind me of you, holly! :)
    .-= pilgrim´s last blog ..made by pilgrim: stencil screenprints =-.

3. caro commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:52am

Today I blogged some pictures of my livingroom and you can see, I’m in love with these powder-colors, too. Grey and White with a touch of purple, rosé or blue is so wonderful and the tine k. interior would look so great in my apartment. Liebe Grüße von caro.
    .-= caro´s last blog ..So leb ich. =-.

4. daisy janie commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:57am

Wow – these really inspired me, too! Really a pretty collection of these tones, both subtle and not so subtle. Love them all!
    .-= daisy janie´s last blog ..how to | make a paper winebag =-.

5. Rachel B commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:02am

Tine K Home is amazing!!
    .-= Rachel B´s last blog ..Bloom E-course Enrollment =-.

6. Afi commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:31am

Very lovely color palette! As you said it’s perfect for cold months :) I really loved Noa Noa’s collection, the illustrtion by Dilka Bear and OMG this fantastic head board by Living ETC! Genious idea!
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Chubby birdie =-.

7. Victoria Klein commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:39am

Tis a sophisticated yet comfortable palette – very inspirational, if you ask me. Personally, I’m still attached to the gray/yellow palette, but it would like great with a little extra purple. :)

8. yael commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:13am

Holly!
    Your bedroom is just a dream… congrats!!!!!!
    .-= yael´s last blog ..Alphabet doodle – Print =-.

9. Sam commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:19am

I’m working on some designs right now that I think are moving toward these colors. Lovely!
    .-= Sam´s last blog ..Link:lore (Chakra Pennywhistle) =-.

10. my trampoline commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:30am

i love lavender side by side with red, as in the living etc. living room pic

its a color combo that’s so underrated
    .-= my trampoline´s last blog ..Embroidered Folksy Linen Set =-.

11. shauna commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:39am

I am obsessed with violet lately and have firmly decided it is one of the best colors ever. See my latest violet purchase… http://flic.kr/p/6WtQcb

12. decor8 commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 9:39am

Shauna those shoes are awesome!

13. April & May commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:40am

This was just the colour palette I was looking for….Working on an inspiration palette for an interior….And these colours I had in my mind….so lovely…Every picture, colour…I just love it….
    .-= April & May´s last blog ..modernemotive =-.

14. minouette commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:40am

It’s lovely. So, you’ve been won over? I thought you didn’t like purple.
    .-= minouette´s last blog ..Euoplocephalus linocut 1st edition – Hard-headed Vegetarian =-.

15. Jennifer commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 12:25pm

Such lovely colors! I especially like the artwork at the top!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Ebay Finds: Mourning Jewelry =-.

16. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 1:30pm

This is a beautiful palette….so soft, warm and inviting. I love these colors particularly in velvet…..*sigh* So lovely…
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art on etsy =-.

17. Laura Gaskill commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:20pm

Yes, yes, yes! I just picked up a copy of Atlanta Bartlett’s book, Easy Elegance, and these shades remind me of the soothing feeling created in many of her rooms.
    .-= Laura Gaskill´s last blog ..Dreaming… =-.

18. Eden commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 4:53pm

Love the colors and combination. Wish my husband would go for it.

19. krys kirkpatrick commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:46pm

I love the palate and the use of the branches and door. The aqua is my favorite at the moment. I use it for accents in my all white beach shanty.
    I enjoy your blog and have you in my reader. Have you seen the blog creative-geisslein.blogspot.com/ ? And also anabundanceof.blogspot.com/…they are both amazing.

20. ChiliCrab commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:15pm

Hi Holly, I really love this post. I think you have a great talent to find exactly what people like to see, always trendy and full of surprises.
    This color palette makes my day. I never thought I would ever say I love purple, violet and lilac since those days in the 80s… But I do! And it is proven that there are so many more fans out there since it is still so up-to-date!
    My favorite is the head board by LivingETC! Yummi!
    .-= ChiliCrab´s last blog ..russian love – pendant =-.

21. Rachael, Pistachio Press commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:03pm

I’m also completely enamored with this color combo. I went to Italy last summer and saw this palette all over the place, and I’m excited to see that it has traveled to the states!
    .-= Rachael, Pistachio Press´s last blog ..Giveaway =-.

22. LaurelJ commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:45am

That fabric cube headboard is fantastic. If I were any good at sewing, or had a sewing machine, or a bed, I would try that.
    .-= LaurelJ´s last blog ..Dear Fellow Laundromat Patron =-.

23. Penny Patten commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 10:33am

The colors are great together. I just some of Noa Noa in the British country Living magazine. Love the clothes.
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..The Donkey Arrived Yesterday =-.