KailiArt

I don’t always share things that I purchase because I don’t want to create a spirit of “gotta have it now” on this blog —  my life isn’t about what I buy and I don’t think it’s important to constantly own the latest. But every so often I do find something so sweet that I bought and feel inclined to share… like this original painting from Australia that I will soon hang in my apartment…

KailiArt

This is so sweet, don’t you think? I want to save it and place it in my work room once we upgrade into a larger flat… I think the words are pretty simple, yet profound, “From Little Things Big Things Grow.” I think I can apply this to so many areas of my life… you too? From dreams I’ve had to the love I first felt for my husband way before we married and we were only penpals living on two different continents… This is from KailiArt on etsy by the way…

(image: kailiart)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on September 08, 2009

1. Nicci commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:27am

Oh, I like that saying very simple. I will have to check out that artists on etsy. great piece of art you purchased too.
    .-= Nicci´s last blog ..Grill me a Lunch =-.

2. Fallon commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:29am

I love this painting. Like you said such a sweet and simple message. Thank you for sharing. Oh, and on a side note… How romantic that you and your husband were pen pals in different countries! How did you two first meet? I would love to hear the story… Were you traveling and meet but lived in different countries or did you actually first meet ad pen pals? Either way it sounds like a romantic fabulous story :)
    .-= Fallon´s last blog ..Sunday Morning Bloom’s (Monday Edition 9/7/09) =-.

3. Jacqueline commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:36am

This is really sweet! It warms my heart and made me smile! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..i heart mail. yes i do. =-.

4. kifus commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 10:52am

It’s a beautiful drawing. I love the simple lines and the faded handwriting in the background. And the words are so true… they remind me of the little things one does day after day for your children. In time they will be big, and you will be proud. If I were you I’d hang it up and start enjoying it right now!
    .-= kifus´s last blog ..Sometimes dreams come true… =-.

5. Six Different Ways commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:17am

Love this! The words are simple but yes very poweful. Thanks for sharing this Holly.
    .-= Six Different Ways´s last blog ..QLockTwo =-.

6. gabriellevalentine commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:20am

Oh, there are so many gorgeous things on etsy that I want. Great drawing. It IS sweet!
    .-= gabriellevalentine´s last blog ..Hypochondriacs Anonymous: I’m a Member. =-.

7. Marit commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 11:26am

Love this drawing!
    .-= Marit´s last blog ..Bloglovin = 374 =-.

8. laura trevey commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 1:23pm

this IS so sweet… lovely!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Fun for the Kitchen =-.

9. Marlene commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Beautiful art and beautiful message.
    .-= Marlene´s last blog ..From Doodle to Final Artwork =-.

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 1:31pm

So sweet and pretty…..and a lovely message as well! Thanks for sharing hun, I love seeing what you purchase for your home…so, bring it! :)
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by art on etsy =-.

11. Wedding Chicks commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 1:32pm

this is lovely! thanks for sharing!!

12. Andee commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:22pm

This is really lovely. I’m glad you shared it with us!
    .-= Andee´s last blog ..Love this new Kaboodle feature =-.

13. Ross commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:36pm

Hii..

I thing these are wonderful drawings-paintings, love the technique, they are unique and have a different style…Its amazing..thank for sharing with us here at your web…

Viele Danke
    Thuss
    Bye

.-= Ross´s last blog .. =-.

14. Farmgirl Susan commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Holly, it’s wonderful! I love everything about it – especially their cheeks. And the words are perfect. What a beautiful thing to bring into your home.
    .-= Farmgirl Susan´s last blog ..Tuesday Dose of Cute: Baby Turtle Blogging =-.

15. Carolyn commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 3:49pm

I love this! You should share more :). This phrase is such a wonderful sentiment – so uplifting! Thank you for posting it!

16. Michele commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 3:50pm

The words come from an amazing song written by an Australian indigenous songwriter Kev Carmody in collaboration with Paul Kelly. You really have to listen to the lyrics

17. Michele commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Oops meant to include you can find versions of the song on youtube. Not sure if this link will show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tHEGo-g3mw

18. Pippa commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 3:56pm

Oh! That has to be an Australian-born image!

It is a phrase that can be applied to so many things – but it always reminds me of the story behind the song From Little Things Big Things Grow by Paul Kelly and Kev Carmody.

sniff I’m getting a little homesick – have to put on some Paul Kelly…
    .-= Pippa´s last blog ..Links for 2009-09-04 [del.icio.us] =-.

19. Toni Brockliss commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 5:53pm

Dear Holly,
    That’s a wonderful Paul Kelly song. You will love the song. It’s also a tv commercial here at the moment.
    x
    .-= Toni Brockliss´s last blog ..it started as dancing…. =-.

20. Claire - Matching Pegs commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 7:01pm

Just another Australian chiming in that I knew it was Australian right away.

The song is very powerful and moving, but the story it tells is not related to the picture. It makes me tear up when ever I listen to it.

It is a lovely image too.
    .-= Claire – Matching Pegs´s last blog ..Spring =-.

21. strozzi commented
    September 8th, 2009 at 8:32pm

I love the spirit of that art.
    Its priceless and timeless art.

22. Iva commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 2:17am

aw, this is so cute! I love it and I love the words – so true!:)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Etsy Love =-.

23. Kaili commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 3:32am

I was indeed inspired by the words of the song. It came on the radio, while I was painting this image of love blossoming. Though the song (Paul Kelly, Missy Higgins version) has a different focus, I believe the concept of love is still there. And the words were perfect for conveying the concept and feelings I wanted to paint. Kaili x
    .-= Kaili ´s last blog ..Oh my gosh…I’m featured on Decor8!! =-.

24. elisavetB commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 9:06am

Really beautiful and true..Made me smile!
    .-= elisavetB´s last blog ..Power Station Chimney – Giclee Print =-.

25. Petergaye S. Kisielewicz commented
    September 9th, 2009 at 10:40am

Love the painting very powerful.
    .-= Petergaye S. Kisielewicz´s last blog .."Thinking outside the box" =-.

26. Zarnigar commented
    September 10th, 2009 at 3:13am

very artistic ….. simple but unique !!! i love these kinda amazing n artistic things …….

27. Kristin commented
    September 14th, 2009 at 6:22am

Another Aussie who just keeps repeating this over and over again in my head since it has been used in a tv commercial. I saw this and thought I must have it as I have just given notice at my part time day job to concentrate on my photography business 100%. Kristin xx