Inspiration

Skona Hem Eye Candy

September 8, 2009

I was really blown away by a few articles that appeared recently in Sweden’s home magazine, Skona Hem. Did you see these two spaces? The first is really amazing… it’s English and Swedish design rolled into one gorgeous package that I could move into tomorrow. Well, perhaps not as a full-time dwelling, I’d prefer something a bit less ornate and more modern, but I could easily take this property as a vacation flat. :)

Skona Hem Eye Candy

Skona Hem Eye Candy

This home is hopelessly romantic and the bones of each room alone are to die for (moldings, ceramic stove, wood floors, soaring ceilings), but the decor is simply fabulous. I love all of the textiles, this home really feels cherished and lived in but also well edited and designed by someone with an obvious flair for decorating.

Skona Hem Eye Candy

This home is a bit different, more modern with cleaner lines… and the Swedish style shines through. I love the mix of artwork, the arrangement of all the prints over the dresser and buffet, and the collection of white ceramics and glass. The freshly picked branches adorned with berries is the perfect touch adding a natural element to warm things up along with a burst of color so that the vases and glassware do not become lost against the white wall. What a dreamy home!

(images: skona hem)

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

• Reply Kathi @ allthingswhite September 8, 2009 at 6:43 am

Oh my goodness, these are just lovely !!! I would love to spend some time in each of these wonderful places. Once again proves my theory that there is seldom to much white ( and that you cannot get too many great magazines!)
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Vintage Wee Ironstone Cups and Saucers =-.

• Reply klee September 8, 2009 at 6:46 am

these pictures are so gorgeous!

love-decoded.blogspot.com
    .-= klee´s last blog ..carin wester a/w 09 =-.

• Reply ellen Crimi-Trent September 8, 2009 at 7:01 am

okay I need to have that living room but w/ 2 boys in the house- it would not be white it would be black!!

.-= ellen Crimi-Trent´s last blog ..Back to School Special!! =-.

• Reply Anita Dawoodi September 8, 2009 at 9:02 am

Hi Holly! I saw some of these pictures yesterday, but you describe them so beautifully. The dining room with the mixed chairs and the fabulous lamp really caught my eye. Wonderful post – Thank you! :)
    .-= Anita Dawoodi´s last blog ..Fotografie von Justin Patrick =-.

• Reply Lisa Congdon September 8, 2009 at 9:23 am

I love all the black and white artwork over the white storage!!

• Reply Casi Leigh September 8, 2009 at 9:23 am

Oh this is divine. Exactly what I would choose for myself as a sort of girlish retreat space.

That grandfather (grandmother?) clock! I have been scouring markets and shops for ages looking for one that exact shape. Do you happen to know if there is a particular name for that style or shape? I only see them rarely in my neck of the woods and have always wanted one.

• Reply Paloma's Nest September 8, 2009 at 9:35 am

My idea of heaven on earth. Delicious! xo

• Reply juliette September 8, 2009 at 9:41 am

I, too, am in love with the curvy Swedish clocks! Is there a specific name for them and do you know any place that sells them? I’d love to have one in the future – they’re so cozy looking!

The curtain fabric on the top right is also really interesting. I would love a closer view!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Tutu Lamps and Folklore =-.

• Reply Lyndsay September 8, 2009 at 10:50 am

these rooms are so relaxing……….ah
    .-= Lyndsay´s last blog ..Pretty Notions: Travel Sewing Kit =-.

• Reply Jennifer September 8, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Such calming surroundings!!! I would love to live there!!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Ebay Finds: Mourning Jewelry =-.

• Reply Jane Flanagan September 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Skona Hem never fails!
    .-= Jane Flanagan´s last blog ..Guest post on Design Crush =-.

• Reply Rachael, Pistachio Press September 8, 2009 at 10:59 pm

I love how bright these rooms are. The patterns and artwork really have the chance to pop. My favorite part is that both spaces feel lived in and cozy, which is something that seems to be missing in a lot of the homes I see online.
    .-= Rachael, Pistachio Press´s last blog ..Giveaway =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 9, 2009 at 10:30 am

Oh so pretty!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..The Donkey Arrived Yesterday =-.

• Reply cary September 9, 2009 at 11:19 am

Loving the swedish clock and all of the light colors.Such an airy light feeling house -in those first few images.

• Reply Zarnigar September 10, 2009 at 3:18 am

master stroke of home decor …… such a wonderful choice of decor contents and white is simply flawless

• Reply Cat September 11, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I live in Canada now and just started receiving Sköna Hem in the mail, so luxurious and decadent…but worth every penny!

• Reply Angela September 18, 2009 at 3:00 pm

This is a beautiful home and I can tell you that this whole town is full of eye-candy. I am lucky enough to have my parent’s summer place there and to have spent many a summer at my grandparents house there.

The clock is called a Moraklocka.