Freya Art & Design

I don’t know what’s in the air lately, but I’ve received some of the best submissions ever! Recently I heard from Freya Ete from Freya Art & Design and just got around to looking over her submission this morning and feel so bad that I didn’t get to it sooner. What talent and fun, whimsical illustrations with so many caring thoughts! She is an artist who lives in London (part-time) and on Phillip Island during the rest of the year and her pieces are lovely and full of sunshine and warmth.

Freya Art & Design

There is so much negativity in the world (but a lot of good too) but for me to navigate the bad I like to surround myself with positive thoughts (and people) – it’s my way of getting through the muck sometimes. Some people can be so thoughtless, negative, and absolute pains sometimes, can’t they? Sheesh! I’ve dealt with flakes, copycats, people who cannot forgive simple mistakes, those who are obsessed with perfection to a fault, those who are just plain mean — most of whom I personally never care to deal with again. But on the flipside of all that pain and drama, which I have none of in my life currently, there is a lot of sunshine, hope and a refinement process that builds character so that once you’ve dealt with a difficult personality, you are sometimes so much better from it! And you know what to look for to avoid those “types” next time. Aging = wisdom. Well, hopefully. :)

And of course, I always think about this on September 11th because as an American, this day will forever mark a day of great sorrow in my country when stupid people did very evil things. And I think that to the rest of the world, those who are not American but who care about life and freedom, 9-11 will always be a day of reflection for them too. We all want peace and happiness. So here are some nice positive thoughts for all of us to reflect on today… let’s leave the negativity behind and focus our energy on the good, the great, and the amazing!

Freya Art & Design

Freya Art & Design

Freya Art & Design

Many more are available for your enjoyment at the little Fréya Art & Design shop. Enjoy!

(images: fréya art & design)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on September 11, 2009

1. Karin Elizabeth commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 7:18am

Beautiful colour palette in her work. (Your blog is making my day today, so many interesting posts!)
    .-= Karin Elizabeth´s last blog ..R&R 058 | The Angel’s Game =-.

2. Denise Laborde commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 7:34am

Lovely and hapiness-inducing. The first one just might get me through winter.
    .-= Denise Laborde´s last blog ..The Foam Stamp Series: Manifesto-inspired Layouts =-.

3. Petergaye S.Kisielewicz/Yahgie commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 7:48am

I love the yellow illustration so happy and bright.
    .-= Petergaye S.Kisielewicz/Yahgie´s last blog ..Don’t expect =-.

4. casapinka commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:18am

It does seem like there is a bit more negativity around lately…I notice it in local businesses, especially – like the economy is making people anxious. But it’s true that we can choose to surround ourselves with positive people and be positive ourselves. These art pieces are just wonderful works of art and really reflect lovely sentiments. I think I may have to go and buy one!
    .-= casapinka´s last blog ..Prabal Gurung =-.

5. michelle commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:18am

I’ve perused Fréya’s shop many times. This might sound silly, but the only reason I have yet to make is a purchase is that I love every single thing and can’t decide what to get.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Steal This Idea… =-.

6. lisa :: the red thread commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:20am

These are so naive in style and just plain sweet. I totally agree with you about surrounding ourselves with the positive – thoughts and people – it is the only way to go.
    Holly you’re right about 9-11 being a time of reflection here in Australia too – the day underlines all we have to be grateful for, a lot of which we often take for granted.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Happy Weekend =-.

7. Six Different Ways commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:25am

You’re right Holly, today is such an important day to appreciate our family and friends and remember not to take ANYTHING for granted. These images are a perfect selection for today ( I especially love #2) – they are beautiful and their words simple but evoke so much positive emotion. Thanks for sharing this wonderful artist with us.

8. Johanna commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:33am

That is so funny! The whole day long I was thinking about how sometimes people can be mean just because it makes them feel more powerful or so (had to deal with a mean seller :( and I know exactely the other side of the coin and tried to be really nice to him!).
    Well, anyway, I now believe that all things bad (and good!) that you do come back to you and therefore I am trying my best to act and be nice and supportive to everyone (which is not that easy when you are bavarian and therefore most of the time cranky (by birth not by choice)).
    And today was one of these days when the world appeared to be this mean and dark place and then I got to your blog with lots and lots of nice designs and ideas and really bright things to look at and suddenly the world doesn’t seem to mean anymore.
    Long story short: Thank you. For todays posts and all the ones up to now and hopefully many more to follow.
    Liebe Grüße aus dem Süden ;)
    Johanna

9. Jacqueline commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:38am

So happy you featured Freya’s work today! She is one of my favorite too. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and a wonderful weekend! Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..umbrella f.u.n =-.

10. lisa commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:44am

the boat one would look perfect in my bedroom, thank you for showcasing the wonderful work

11. The Perfect Palette commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:50am

incredible color palettes!
    .-= The Perfect Palette´s last blog ..Inspired Ink: Yellow Makes Me Happy! =-.

12. Danielle commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 9:23am

OMG! These prints brought tears to my eyes! How sweet!

13. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:22am

Oh…..I love her work so much and wish I had several of her pieces covering up a whole wall! :) Thanks for sharing this today hun and I hope you have a lovely weekend!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Melissa loves: Little Robot =-.

14. Kristin commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:43am

Such a lovely post – I love the final thought about the little adventurous bird; so true.
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Taylor’s Gourmet via Dwell Magazine =-.

15. raquel raney commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 11:59am

love love.

16. Dinah commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 12:01pm

The thoughts behind both Freya’s work and your impetus for showing them are lovely–thank you for sharing them. Based on input from all sorts of places, I have come to find that my mind’s eye can on any given day become framed by mean and sharp spikes (somehow I actually see these) or floating in a visceral fluffy cloud. Anyhow, surrounding oneself with beautiful and inspiring things such as these pieces is a great antidote to the spikey parts!
    .-= Dinah´s last blog ..Oh so beautiful Japanese Graphics =-.

17. Pixel Wild Child commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 12:22pm

I love the positive messages in Freya’s work and her fun and colourful style… lovely!
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..It has been a quite exciting week… ;O) =-.

18. Wedding Chicks commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 12:28pm

thanks for sharing all of these great positive thoughts! i especially love the card with the whale!!
    .-= Wedding Chicks´s last blog ..Agaimages a New York City Wedding Photographer Part II =-.

19. Sara commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 1:56pm

That elephant print is so sweet!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..etsy find: NY vinyl. =-.

20. Zarnigar commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 3:53am

i remember when i was a child i made alot of these kinda designs ……. these things creates cooperative thoughts….. ferya’s work is really mindblowing

21. liza commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 11:20am

Oh my! I love her work. Thank you!

22. Jen F. commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 2:50pm

One of the reasons I love your blog Holly, is because of the positivity and happiness that oozes with each post. I love coming here each evening and viewing all of your lovely images. Ferya’s work is so sunny and reminds me of my childhood! Thanks for sharing!

23. viv commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 7:20pm

what a great post, and such a beautiful work from Ferya!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..Jolie La Petite Ballerina =-.

24. thedoodlegirl commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 12:14am

WOW! Fantastic stuff!
    .-= thedoodlegirl´s last blog ..Tooth Fairy Notes =-.

25. a pretty trip commented
    September 14th, 2009 at 5:35am

Holly – love love love your blog. All the beautiful things you find – it’s the best way to spend an afternoon! Those pics are gorgeous.
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..My desk =-.

26. Dr. Ruggly commented
    September 14th, 2009 at 1:24pm

Thanks for this post. It is always important to stay positive and peaceful, and September 11th is a great example of why it is so important. Hopefully we can avoid situations like that and the Iraq War in the future by staying positive and demanding peace.

27. Souza Bernal Mariana commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 1:23pm

I love it.
    Thanks for share the power of optimism.

28. jamie lou commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 9:09am

i would also like to note that i have had VERY positive experiences with freya as a vendor. my package arrived very cute but a bit damaged and she immediately took action to fix the issue. she is super professional, super sweet, and her stuff is so darn cute! i LOVE IT!
    .-= jamie lou´s last blog ..to create: chalkboard vases =-.

29. Penny Patten commented
    September 18th, 2009 at 10:40am

How fun are these? Thank You for sharing these with us!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..100_4315 =-.