Happy Weekend!

So! Here it is Friday and after 4pm my time so I’m heading out for the day because we have things to do and friends to visit with, and tomorrow a festival at the enchanting baroque gardens here (shopping, food, music, entertainment, etc.) and on Sunday more people to visit. I want to spend the next hour or so completely alone so that I may have a few moments to myself before the weekend madness begins. I love/hate weekends with back-to-back plans, though I cannot complain because I could be a lonely expat sitting here with nothing to do and nobody to do it with! Not the case at all, so I feel lucky and should be grateful. Before signing off though, I have many posts below this one that I invite you to look through and enjoy because I think they’ll give you a cozy feeling for the weekend and lift your spirits, invigorate your creativity and perhaps inspire you to do something nice for yourself over the next few days until we meet here again on Monday morning.

Happy Weekend!

The weather here is in its 5th week of deliriously gorgeous temps with loads of sunshine and now the evenings have this “crisp” quality to them that promises Fall will come soon (love) – the weekend shall be nice so fingers crossed, it will be so that I may take some photos to share with you on Monday of this festival I will attend.

Books to Review

I’m hoping that if I can sneak it in I will take the morning on Sunday and curl up with a pot of tea on my sofa to review 3 new books that were sent to me. Perfect English Cottage, Essentially French and Romantic Irish Homes all arrived this week from the publisher and look ever so promising – I can’t wait to dig in and hopefully offer you a review of at least one of them next week. One perk of being a writer, you occasionally get some great books to share. Yay, books!

What will you do this weekend?

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 11, 2009

1. Daniella commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:11am

Oh yay! A new french decor book!!! Can’t wait for that one… let us know what it’s like…

2. Lecia/A Day that is Dessert commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:14am

I’m glad to hear you’re getting settled – sounds like you have a perfect weekend ahead of you.
    .-= Lecia/A Day that is Dessert´s last blog ..remembering =-.

3. Meghan commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:41am

Ooo, I really like the cover of the Perfect English Cottage book – I’d like to recreate that entire room at my apartment…I like to dream big. This weekend I’ll be at the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. Yay!

p.s what are those white apples on your table? I love and want them.
    .-= Meghan´s last blog ..Just a quick little question… =-.

4. mimi commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:58am

Ahhh…one of my favorite things to do is to curl up in my over sized chair.. to read a great book or new design mag. with a hot cup of pomegranate green tea..Sounds like a great Sunday morning. Enjoy your weekend!
    .-= mimi´s last blog ..The power of grey… =-.

5. Lindsay commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 11:33am

I just want to snuggle in on the couch with those books this weekend!

6. Sabina commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 12:55pm

Your wekend sounds lovely!!

My weekend – Beach – Wine Tasting – Kayaking!!

Happy Friday!!!
    .-= Sabina´s last blog ..Duck Eggs At The Farmers Market =-.

7. Nicolette commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 1:11pm

Nothing like clean, chic design to send us off for the weekend. You have a nice weekend.

8. Lovely Sunflower commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 4:36pm

A white lamp again! White lamps are everywhere, they’re following me :)
    Have fun at Herrenhäuser Gärten, that’s definitely going to be fun!
    .-= Lovely Sunflower´s last blog ..Longing for mushrooms…. =-.

9. Joselyn commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Look forward to pics from the festival and learning about German culture and design in the months to come.
    .-= Joselyn´s last blog ..Easy Designer Knobs =-.

10. Shell commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 5:33pm

I’m intrigued to look at the Irish Romantic Home and Perfect English Cottage books. They both look right up my alley.
    I plan on having one of my best friends stay with me for a couple of days. And a beautiful fair to go to on Sunday. It’s going to be a fab weekend.
    .-= Shell´s last blog ..Remembering =-.

11. Shirley commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 9:29pm

Hi Holly, I’m pretty new to your blog, but love your photography! I’ll be dropping by more, happy weekend =)
    .-= Shirley´s last blog ..in the solaris world =-.

12. Lourdinha Borges commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 10:26pm

Eu amo o seu blog e o visito todos os dias. Me alegra muito. Pena que tenho muita dificuldade com o inglês.
    Um beijo.
    Boa sorte sempre!!!

Lourdinha

13. Zarnigar commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 3:49am

perfect english cottage book is showing the perfect scheme of room decor……Essentially French is showing really nice round mirror for wall decor

14. Manuela commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 5:22am

Hi Holly,
    I was really surprised to discover your blog: I found it very interesting and it is a great source of collective inspiration. Enjoy your weekend!
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Cloe’s Bakery =-.

15. B. Sharp commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 7:58am

Looking forward to those book reviews!

16. Alex Louisa commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 8:04am

It’s good that you got an hour or so to yourself. And I like the look of the books too!

I have the whole weekend to myself since my fiance’s away racing. I’m long overdue for some drawing time so I’m hoping to get a LOT done! Lots of drawing with lots of cups of tea. Oh, I’m just so exciting….

Enjoy your weekend :)
    .-= Alex Louisa´s last blog ..On the drawing board =-.

17. French bedroom furniture commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 10:52am

You can’t beat stylish european interiors, so I’m sure these 3 books will be great!

18. Afi commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 5:28pm

I know how you feel about busy weekends! I feel the same too :) But as you said it’s much better than being lonely.

I wish you a great time in the festival and looking forward to see your photos! Yay! xo
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Cactus Garden =-.

19. Dianna commented
    September 12th, 2009 at 7:46pm

Autumn is my favorite season. Crisp air and the smell of drying leaves, bonfires, hiking. Enjoying the outdoors before old man winter arrives.

20. MMW commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 12:26am

I love the first image. It has it’s head tilted to the side, just like the inquisitive Pixar lamp that jumps around at the beginning of all their animated features. Weekends are great for reading books. Happy reading to you.

21. Kate commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 5:51am

Definitely take the time out if you can! We all need a recharge.

I will be tucked up with a book – I am editing my bf’s manuscript in secret so I can publish his first novel in time for his birthday!
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..Not-so-pretty Paris =-.

22. hoyoyi commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 7:24am

i sew a new pin cushion ^ ^
    .-= hoyoyi´s last blog ..Sunday, September 13, 2009 =-.

23. Tati commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 9:40am

Hi! I have been reading this blog for a long time, and simply love all posts and images too.

My name is Tati, and I’m an illustrator from Brazil. If you would check my portfolio and paintings, I’d appreciate. Just opened my online shop, and need some divulgation :), specially about the wallets I made for Boreal.org.uk.

Hugs!

24. Maleah commented
    September 13th, 2009 at 1:32pm

Like the looks of the French book! And I LOVE the yellow clock, would go perfect on my desk! We picked loads of blackberries and I made blackberry jam until 11:30 pm last night! But it will be yummy! Today I’m relaxing!
    .-= Maleah´s last blog ..Tendrils – 8×8 Fine Art Print =-.