Stylist Stella Nicolaisen

I came across the portfolio of stylist Stella Nicolaisen today thanks to a comment left by reader Anna Sterntaler (thanks, Anna!) and enjoyed viewing all the details in each creative scene. I think the teacups on gifts is my favorite idea and image, though this has a lot to do with all the tea that I buy (and consume!) and how pretty I think a dainty vintage teacup is both as a vessel and as somewhat of an art object. I also love the display set up in the white ceramic sink, so usual yet there’s a story there if you look close enough and allow your imagination to wander. I’m sure you’ll enjoy visiting Stella’s website today… Here is but a glimpse of all the beauty to be explored on her site.

Stella Nicolaisen

Stella Nicolaisen

Stella Nicolaisen

Beautiful and most certainly a stimulating collage of images for the senses… Makes the hands want to craft and create, the mind to explore, the heart to carry one away… wouldn’t you agree? When I see the work of a talented stylist, I immediately want to repurpose objects in my home, restyle something on a shelf, or run to a flea market to source some magical find for a corner in my home. I guess that is the point of viewing all of this talent each day — to stimulate imagination and creativity. :)

(images: stella nicolaisen)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on September 11, 2009

1. juliette commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 5:34am

Holly’s back! =) Look at you digging up gold for us! I know – what am I doing on the computer (aside from dragging out my work-related research)? I have a short list of creative projects calling my name!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..My skylight on Chez Larsson! =-.

2. Mrs M. commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 6:18am

Oh a lot a ideas & inspiration !

3. Karin Elizabeth commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 7:17am

Loveliness… I feel so inspired just looking at these images.
    .-= Karin Elizabeth´s last blog ..R&R 058 | The Angel’s Game =-.

4. lisa :: the red thread commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 8:24am

Gorgeous images, and I love the way you wrote this post Holly.

“Makes the hands want to craft and create, the mind to explore, the heart to carry one away…”

Absolutely!
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Happy Weekend =-.

5. shay commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 9:34am

Lovely exploration,these images really stir my creative juices!!
    So nice to have you back.
    xo,
    shay

6. Erin Stanton commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 9:55am

I love the sling of cylinder lamps with different pattersn!
    .-= Erin Stanton´s last blog ..‘I Die’ for Ninainvorm Handmade Ceramics =-.

7. Julieann commented
    September 11th, 2009 at 5:39pm

SO inspiring, beautiful photos!
    .-= Julieann´s last blog ..Go ahead, write on the walls!! =-.

8. Penny Patten commented
    September 18th, 2009 at 11:06am

What great, fun, imaginative ideas. These really inspire me, I can’t wait to get busy creating and crafing!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..100_4315 =-.