Jana Orsolic: Eye Candy

Ivana is a reader from the UK who wrote to me about Jana Orsolic, a designer/art director from Serbia because she thought I’d love her blog. Well, thank you Ivana for the suggestion and you are right – it’s a great site with plenty of unique finds. It is written primarily in Serbian but also some English, but with links highlighted and lots of interesting photos, I found my way around just fine. First, I found her own gorgeous online portfolio

Jana Orsolic

Jana Orsolic

Jana Orsolic

Wow Jana! She does these amazing wish lists for a Serbian magazine called Sensa that covers topics related to women’s beauty and health and the importance of having a healthy, happy life. I found it interesting that it’s actually under the umbrella of G&J here in Germany, a huge international magazine company. Wow! I have to get my hands on a copy of the September issue (can anyone help me? I will return the favor with a beautiful German magazine)… what a gorgeously designed mag! Can you get enough of this, wow? Again, blowing me away…

fruit notes

On Jana’s blog she highlights numerous products and movies that catch her eye as an art director. That’s how I found out about these Fruit Notes from Japanese company D-Bros. Sorry, I have no clue where you can buy them online but wow, they are definitely fresh & juicy. I would love an apple or pear near my phone.

Jana if you’re reading this you’ve inspired me so much! I feel a connection to your work despite never have met you. I’m sure those reading this do too. Just seeing these layouts makes me feel so refreshed because I often imagine things like this in my head but fail to see them in the magazines I read. You make the connection that I long for… warmth, spirituality and organic beauty combined. Lovely!

(images: jana orsolic/sensa magazine, d-bros and sensa photos by Mihajlo Savic)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, inspiration on September 15, 2009

1. Jacqueline commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 9:33am

She has such a gorgeous site and gorgeous photos! I really adore those fruit notes and D-Bros site is soo cute! I want to collect those cute fruit notes. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..wishing weekend like this could last longer… =-.

2. Shanon commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 9:34am

Morning Holly! (Well, it’s morning for me.) I just wanted to give you some more info on those awesome fruity notes. I saw them on Inside Out blog last week http://blog.insideout.com.au/2009/09/feeling-fruity.html and you can buy them here http://thirddrawerdown.com/shop

I hope those links work, I’m still in my morning fog. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Zinnia petals look like parrot feathers. (And I want something in canary yellow.) =-.

3. Eveli Duarte commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 10:01am

Jana’s portfolio and blog are really amazingly full of so many inspiring things! Thanks so much for sharing!
    All the best from Brazil,
    Eveli ;-)
    .-= Eveli Duarte´s last blog ..NM409 =-.

4. Victoria Klein commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 10:08am

What a nifty, talented lady. :) Thanks for sharing her work – I’m very tempted to follow her blog, even though I can’t read it!

5. Caitlin commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 10:27am

Absolutely beautiful stuff! I can’t believe how cool those little apple and pear notes are!
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..Another Visit to the Antique Market =-.

6. Sara commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 10:56am

Hi! Jana really is amazing. I’ll try to locate the magazine in shops around here (Slovenia that is;)) and if I find some I’ll let you know :)

7. monica from hola!design commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 11:09am

wow! this is amazing! great find!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Dream Pants =-.

8. Celia commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 11:54am

I just LOVE your blog !
    It’s where I found my daily dose of cuteness and inspiring stuff.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely finds.
    .-= Celia´s last blog ..| cuteté | =-.

9. Nuit commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 12:22pm

Wow, such a delight!!! I love the illustrations! sigh….
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Making home accents work! =-.

10. Wedding Chicks commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 12:59pm

love the fruit notes…sooo much fun!

11. Nicolette commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 1:14pm

The fruit notes is just genius. It’s just so delightful.

12. Amy commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 1:21pm

Those are gorgeous! I’m an American who has just recently moved back to the States after living as an expat in Croatia for several years (one of Serbia’s next-door neighbors). It’s great to see such beautiful inspiration coming out of the former Yugoslavia! Now I’m wishing I had discovered that magazine while I lived in that part of the world.

13. onegrandhome commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 1:33pm

Oh those notes are painfully cute.
    .-= onegrandhome´s last blog ..Anna Wintour Needs a New Office =-.

14. Dina commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 1:38pm

I live in Bosnia (another one of serbia’s neighbours) and I’ll get a couple issues here. I also found a website where you can register for a subscription of Sensa (they ship to Germany): https://shop.adriamedia.hr/ and an online dictionary because the previous website is not available in english: http://www.lingvozone.com/main.jsp?do=dictionary&action=change_direction&language_id_to=23&language_id_from=16.

Let me know if you want me to send you a copy. All the best!

15. dervla commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 6:28pm

I came across those fab fruit notes on etsy last week whilst purchasing in this shop: hchappycat.etsy.com

The deco tape in this shop is also fab. Happy shopping :-)
    .-= dervla´s last blog ..Buskers, Stag Dos, Operettas – Yer Standard City Centre Fare =-.

16. sweet fine day/Jenna commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 8:45pm

OMG, those fruit notes. wow wow wow.
    .-= sweet fine day/Jenna´s last blog ..summer’s back for a bit =-.

17. pretty*pink*rat commented
    September 15th, 2009 at 11:00pm

such beautiful collages! and I am drooling over those fruit notes! How cute to have on your desk!!!
    .-= pretty*pink*rat´s last blog ..New Anthropologie =-.

18. lindsey clare commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 1:41am

wow, i do love her style. thanks for the linkage, Holly!
    .-= lindsey clare´s last blog ..still here =-.

19. jana * ^ _ ^ * commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:01am

Thank you all for your support, it means so much to me! I’ll try to be a proper bee and translate all the posts on my blog in English right away! Hope to see you again and again! You’re all super welcome!
    .-= jana * ^ _ ^ *´s last blog ..Me on Decor8! =-.

20. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:04am

Oh Jana – no worries, your pictures speak a thousand words!!!

21. sILvIJa commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 9:04am

I just LOVE Jana Orsolic
    Ja je jednostavno volim

22. Katarina commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 3:39pm

WTG Jana!!!!
    Bravo, dobro zasluzeno:))))))
    Pozdrav iz komsiluka;)

23. Daly Essentials commented
    September 19th, 2009 at 9:00pm

ohh those fruit notes are so cute!
    .-= Daly Essentials´s last blog ..Heads Up! =-.

24. Jenn commented
    September 20th, 2009 at 10:11pm

Beautiful layouts! And LOVE the fruit so pretty.
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..ceremony idea ‘growing’ in popularity =-.