Bloggers

Jana Orsolic Blog

September 15, 2009

Ivana is a reader from the UK who wrote to me about Jana Orsolic, a designer/art director from Serbia because she thought I’d love her blog. Well, thank you Ivana for the suggestion and you are right – it’s a great site with plenty of unique finds. It is written primarily in Serbian but also some English, but with links highlighted and lots of interesting photos, I found my way around just fine. First, I found her own gorgeous online portfolio

Jana Orsolic Blog

Jana Orsolic Blog

Jana Orsolic Blog

Wow Jana! She does these amazing wish lists for a Serbian magazine called Sensa that covers topics related to women’s beauty and health and the importance of having a healthy, happy life. I found it interesting that it’s actually under the umbrella of G&J here in Germany, a huge international magazine company. Wow! I have to get my hands on a copy of the September issue (can anyone help me? I will return the favor with a beautiful German magazine)… what a gorgeously designed mag! Can you get enough of this, wow? Again, blowing me away…

Jana Orsolic Blog

On Jana’s blog she highlights numerous products and movies that catch her eye as an art director. That’s how I found out about these Fruit Notes from Japanese company D-Bros. Sorry, I have no clue where you can buy them online but wow, they are definitely fresh & juicy. I would love an apple or pear near my phone.

Jana if you’re reading this you’ve inspired me so much! I feel a connection to your work despite never have met you. I’m sure those reading this do too. Just seeing these layouts makes me feel so refreshed because I often imagine things like this in my head but fail to see them in the magazines I read. You make the connection that I long for… warmth, spirituality and organic beauty combined. Lovely!

(images: jana orsolic/sensa magazine, d-bros and sensa photos by Mihajlo Savic)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply Jacqueline September 15, 2009 at 9:33 am

She has such a gorgeous site and gorgeous photos! I really adore those fruit notes and D-Bros site is soo cute! I want to collect those cute fruit notes. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..wishing weekend like this could last longer… =-.

• Reply Shanon September 15, 2009 at 9:34 am

Morning Holly! (Well, it’s morning for me.) I just wanted to give you some more info on those awesome fruity notes. I saw them on Inside Out blog last week http://blog.insideout.com.au/2009/09/feeling-fruity.html and you can buy them here http://thirddrawerdown.com/shop

I hope those links work, I’m still in my morning fog. =)
    .-= Shanon´s last blog ..Zinnia petals look like parrot feathers. (And I want something in canary yellow.) =-.

• Reply Eveli Duarte September 15, 2009 at 10:01 am

Jana’s portfolio and blog are really amazingly full of so many inspiring things! Thanks so much for sharing!
    All the best from Brazil,
    Eveli ;-)
    .-= Eveli Duarte´s last blog ..NM409 =-.

• Reply Victoria Klein September 15, 2009 at 10:08 am

What a nifty, talented lady. :) Thanks for sharing her work – I’m very tempted to follow her blog, even though I can’t read it!

• Reply Caitlin September 15, 2009 at 10:27 am

Absolutely beautiful stuff! I can’t believe how cool those little apple and pear notes are!
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..Another Visit to the Antique Market =-.

• Reply Sara September 15, 2009 at 10:56 am

Hi! Jana really is amazing. I’ll try to locate the magazine in shops around here (Slovenia that is;)) and if I find some I’ll let you know :)

• Reply monica from hola!design September 15, 2009 at 11:09 am

wow! this is amazing! great find!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Dream Pants =-.

• Reply Celia September 15, 2009 at 11:54 am

I just LOVE your blog !
    It’s where I found my daily dose of cuteness and inspiring stuff.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely finds.
    .-= Celia´s last blog ..| cuteté | =-.

• Reply Nuit September 15, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Wow, such a delight!!! I love the illustrations! sigh….
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Making home accents work! =-.

• Reply Wedding Chicks September 15, 2009 at 12:59 pm

love the fruit notes…sooo much fun!

• Reply Nicolette September 15, 2009 at 1:14 pm

The fruit notes is just genius. It’s just so delightful.

• Reply Amy September 15, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Those are gorgeous! I’m an American who has just recently moved back to the States after living as an expat in Croatia for several years (one of Serbia’s next-door neighbors). It’s great to see such beautiful inspiration coming out of the former Yugoslavia! Now I’m wishing I had discovered that magazine while I lived in that part of the world.

• Reply onegrandhome September 15, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Oh those notes are painfully cute.
    .-= onegrandhome´s last blog ..Anna Wintour Needs a New Office =-.

• Reply Dina September 15, 2009 at 1:38 pm

I live in Bosnia (another one of serbia’s neighbours) and I’ll get a couple issues here. I also found a website where you can register for a subscription of Sensa (they ship to Germany): https://shop.adriamedia.hr/ and an online dictionary because the previous website is not available in english: http://www.lingvozone.com/main.jsp?do=dictionary&action=change_direction&language_id_to=23&language_id_from=16.

Let me know if you want me to send you a copy. All the best!

• Reply dervla September 15, 2009 at 6:28 pm

I came across those fab fruit notes on etsy last week whilst purchasing in this shop: hchappycat.etsy.com

The deco tape in this shop is also fab. Happy shopping :-)
    .-= dervla´s last blog ..Buskers, Stag Dos, Operettas – Yer Standard City Centre Fare =-.

• Reply sweet fine day/Jenna September 15, 2009 at 8:45 pm

OMG, those fruit notes. wow wow wow.
    .-= sweet fine day/Jenna´s last blog ..summer’s back for a bit =-.

• Reply pretty*pink*rat September 15, 2009 at 11:00 pm

such beautiful collages! and I am drooling over those fruit notes! How cute to have on your desk!!!
    .-= pretty*pink*rat´s last blog ..New Anthropologie =-.

• Reply lindsey clare September 16, 2009 at 1:41 am

wow, i do love her style. thanks for the linkage, Holly!
    .-= lindsey clare´s last blog ..still here =-.

• Reply jana * ^ _ ^ * September 16, 2009 at 7:01 am

Thank you all for your support, it means so much to me! I’ll try to be a proper bee and translate all the posts on my blog in English right away! Hope to see you again and again! You’re all super welcome!
    .-= jana * ^ _ ^ *´s last blog ..Me on Decor8! =-.

• Reply decor8 September 16, 2009 at 7:04 am

Oh Jana – no worries, your pictures speak a thousand words!!!

• Reply sILvIJa September 16, 2009 at 9:04 am

I just LOVE Jana Orsolic
    Ja je jednostavno volim

• Reply Katarina September 16, 2009 at 3:39 pm

WTG Jana!!!!
    Bravo, dobro zasluzeno:))))))
    Pozdrav iz komsiluka;)

• Reply Daly Essentials September 19, 2009 at 9:00 pm

ohh those fruit notes are so cute!
    .-= Daly Essentials´s last blog ..Heads Up! =-.

• Reply Jenn September 20, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Beautiful layouts! And LOVE the fruit so pretty.
    .-= Jenn´s last blog ..ceremony idea ‘growing’ in popularity =-.