Books + Magazines

Antler Magazine

September 16, 2009

I’ve talked about Antler magazine before but this time it just feels better and yes, it’s possible! I also want to promote those who put so much heart and soul into independent publishing because I am sure there is so much work involved and such a limited budget for advertising and getting the word out. I’m swept away by their dreamy aesthetic – such a popular “vibe” right now in publishing (especially indie fashion/art mags) and their photography is lovely… I love their models, beautiful but in a “real girl” sort of way and not in a supermodel unapproachable way. I also appreciate their illustration spotlights, this month they’ve featured a few of my favorites so it was fun to flip through their online pages to see their work in full view and to read the interviews with some very talented indie artists who have made quite an impact online.

Antler Magazine

Antler Magazine

Antler Magazine

The magazine is free so definitely check it out — it’s inspiring and so, so nicely done up all girly like – so feminine and informative… Make sure you click on the last image (above) to enlarge it and read what their take is on a typical Antler reader… Lovely!

(images: antler magazine)

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

• Reply Juana September 16, 2009 at 7:26 am

Thank you for sharing, indeed its an inspiring mag. With a good surprise, featuring one of my favorite artists Yellena :)

• Reply City Chic - Jamie September 16, 2009 at 7:54 am

Beautiful images! I’m going to save this for some nice weekend reading :)

• Reply Marwa September 16, 2009 at 8:26 am

Wow..Wow..Wow .. i love it so much
    .-= Marwa´s last blog ..Moroccan & Eastren Decoration =-.

• Reply Paula Kathlyn September 16, 2009 at 8:29 am

This is beautiful! The white isn’t practical for us, but I can still dream about it!
    .-= Paula Kathlyn´s last blog ..Thank you Dionne =-.

• Reply vanessa joie September 16, 2009 at 9:26 am

I’ve loved Antler mag for awhile now. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= vanessa joie´s last blog ..THIS is what I’ve been waiting for! =-.

• Reply Karin Elizabeth September 16, 2009 at 9:36 am

Well, they have a new fan for sure. Wonderful magazine, thanks for the post!
    .-= Karin Elizabeth´s last blog ..R&R 058 | The Angel’s Game =-.

• Reply Megan September 16, 2009 at 9:47 am

Thank you so much for posting! I have been in love with featured artist Yellena’s work for quite some time now and it is wonderful to see that she is getting well deserved attention.
    And the rest of the issue? Gorgeous!

• Reply Sam September 16, 2009 at 10:14 am

I love, love, love that 6th photograph but I wonder what it is.

xx,
    Samantha
    .-= Sam´s last blog ..Kate =-.

• Reply Nicola September 16, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this, looks like a great magazine, going over to their site to check it out
    .-= Nicola´s last blog ..Patina =-.

• Reply myan September 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm

what a cool magazine! i’ve never heard of it!
    thanks so much for sharing!
    .-= myan´s last blog ..where secrets are kept-fern frond photograph-signed 5×5 print =-.

• Reply Natalie September 16, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Thanks so much for posting this. I instantly fell in love with Yellena’s work and I’m now waiting on three brand new prints from her etsy store! I’m definitely bookmarking Antler for future reference.
    .-= Natalie´s last blog ..New Reel… helmet on. =-.

• Reply lisa :: the red thread September 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm

One of my faves too! Isn’t it lovely that the issues of Antler are so visually cohesive? All the contributors and stories have the same aesthetic. Beautiful.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Inspiration :: Petra Storrs =-.

• Reply Nina September 16, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Ooh, what beautiful photographs. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous mag!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..Camera tinkering. =-.

• Reply Melissa Allam September 17, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I really like this online magazine. It has beautiful pictures. All soft and dreamy. Thanks for sharing the link. I am finally taking time and sitting down to read your magazine posts. I love reading your blog, because to me it is like an online magazine as well, but a little more interesting.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Thursdays Creative Thrift =-.

• Reply Liss (daydreamlily) September 17, 2009 at 5:33 pm

so beautiful, they keep getting better with every issue.
    .-= Liss (daydreamlily)´s last blog ..Waldemar and Max =-.

• Reply Jamie September 18, 2009 at 1:17 am

I love those fabrics!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..craft crush :: little guys ties =-.

• Reply ruthie September 18, 2009 at 3:44 am

anyone know who the squirral art work is by? i LOVE it!!!