Antler Magazine

I’ve talked about Antler magazine before but this time it just feels better and yes, it’s possible! I also want to promote those who put so much heart and soul into independent publishing because I am sure there is so much work involved and such a limited budget for advertising and getting the word out. I’m swept away by their dreamy aesthetic – such a popular “vibe” right now in publishing (especially indie fashion/art mags) and their photography is lovely… I love their models, beautiful but in a “real girl” sort of way and not in a supermodel unapproachable way. I also appreciate their illustration spotlights, this month they’ve featured a few of my favorites so it was fun to flip through their online pages to see their work in full view and to read the interviews with some very talented indie artists who have made quite an impact online.

Antler Magazine

Antler Magazine

Antler Magazine

The magazine is free so definitely check it out — it’s inspiring and so, so nicely done up all girly like – so feminine and informative… Make sure you click on the last image (above) to enlarge it and read what their take is on a typical Antler reader… Lovely!

(images: antler magazine)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 16, 2009

1. Juana commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:26am

Thank you for sharing, indeed its an inspiring mag. With a good surprise, featuring one of my favorite artists Yellena :)

2. City Chic - Jamie commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:54am

Beautiful images! I’m going to save this for some nice weekend reading :)

3. Marwa commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 8:26am

Wow..Wow..Wow .. i love it so much
    .-= Marwa´s last blog ..Moroccan & Eastren Decoration =-.

4. Paula Kathlyn commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 8:29am

This is beautiful! The white isn’t practical for us, but I can still dream about it!
    .-= Paula Kathlyn´s last blog ..Thank you Dionne =-.

5. vanessa joie commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 9:26am

I’ve loved Antler mag for awhile now. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= vanessa joie´s last blog ..THIS is what I’ve been waiting for! =-.

6. Karin Elizabeth commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 9:36am

Well, they have a new fan for sure. Wonderful magazine, thanks for the post!
    .-= Karin Elizabeth´s last blog ..R&R 058 | The Angel’s Game =-.

7. Megan commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 9:47am

Thank you so much for posting! I have been in love with featured artist Yellena’s work for quite some time now and it is wonderful to see that she is getting well deserved attention.
    And the rest of the issue? Gorgeous!

8. Sam commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 10:14am

I love, love, love that 6th photograph but I wonder what it is.

xx,
    Samantha
    .-= Sam´s last blog ..Kate =-.

9. Nicola commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 12:24pm

Thanks for sharing this, looks like a great magazine, going over to their site to check it out
    .-= Nicola´s last blog ..Patina =-.

10. myan commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 1:44pm

what a cool magazine! i’ve never heard of it!
    thanks so much for sharing!
    .-= myan´s last blog ..where secrets are kept-fern frond photograph-signed 5×5 print =-.

11. Natalie commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 3:49pm

Thanks so much for posting this. I instantly fell in love with Yellena’s work and I’m now waiting on three brand new prints from her etsy store! I’m definitely bookmarking Antler for future reference.
    .-= Natalie´s last blog ..New Reel… helmet on. =-.

12. lisa :: the red thread commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 5:24pm

One of my faves too! Isn’t it lovely that the issues of Antler are so visually cohesive? All the contributors and stories have the same aesthetic. Beautiful.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Inspiration :: Petra Storrs =-.

13. Nina commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:06pm

Ooh, what beautiful photographs. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous mag!
    .-= Nina´s last blog ..Camera tinkering. =-.

14. Melissa Allam commented
    September 17th, 2009 at 1:30pm

I really like this online magazine. It has beautiful pictures. All soft and dreamy. Thanks for sharing the link. I am finally taking time and sitting down to read your magazine posts. I love reading your blog, because to me it is like an online magazine as well, but a little more interesting.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Thursdays Creative Thrift =-.

15. Liss (daydreamlily) commented
    September 17th, 2009 at 5:33pm

so beautiful, they keep getting better with every issue.
    .-= Liss (daydreamlily)´s last blog ..Waldemar and Max =-.

16. Jamie commented
    September 18th, 2009 at 1:17am

I love those fabrics!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..craft crush :: little guys ties =-.

17. ruthie commented
    September 18th, 2009 at 3:44am

anyone know who the squirral art work is by? i LOVE it!!!