CUT Magazine: New

This is a happy day for me because my friend Anne blogged about the new German indie DIY fashion/craft magazine called CUT which looks absolutely cool. Though I’m told it deals more with fashion than crafts and decorating/design, but still…I can’t wait to find a copy and preview it for myself so I can see what it has to offer. I value Anne’s opinion though, very much, and if she likes it then I’m sure it’s pretty good.

CUT magazine

CUT magazine

CUT magazine

If you live in Germany or can read German I suggest you visit their site. And CUT staffers if you are reading this, I just moved from the states to Hannover and would love to know where to find a copy locally. I haven’t seen it around here yet. :)

9/18 UPDATE: This magazine is available in Hannover in the bahnhof in the “crafts” section near the wedding magazines at Quick Press. I went today and looked at the magazine – it’s wonderful. I highly suggest buying a copy.

(images: cut magazine)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 16, 2009

1. enna commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 5:42am

here is the link with all the retailers:

2. Anna commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 5:52am

Hi Holly,
    did you check out their website? It lists all shops where you can buy CUT. Voilà: in Hannover at Grossstadtrekorder (Deisterstr. 77) and Design Kombinat (Paulstr. 1A). You can also buy it online at http://www.schnittchen-online.com (a new blog about sewing).

Anna

3. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 5:57am

Anna thanks for letting me know, I missed that completely. Blame it on my inability to read German fluently…

4. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 5:58am

enna maybe you should carry it in your shop as you are so popular here in Hannover and have so many customers!

5. enna commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 6:10am

I totally would and CUT has asked me if I want to become a retailer, but grossstadtrekorder already sells it right across the street…

6. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 6:27am

I think you should enna… I don’t shop at grossstadrekorder because they carry fashion that I’m not wearing. I think your customers are different from their customers and they are a fashion store and you are more of a retail “gift” shop. I don’t see this as a conflict of interest at all. Go for it!

7. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 6:31am

I think CUT should try a shop on the lister meile too or in List/Oststadt — maybe Dear Lilly or Frau Lucy or maybe that store for kids, Von Klein Auf. They’d do good at the fashion store Suse Schneeweiss or Sem Oui too.

8. ANNA commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 6:54am

i am so much looking forward to the next issue, coming on friday 18th. and the new one will also include ” wohnideen” :)

9. enna commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:08am

We have this unwritten agreement in our little shop community not to carry the same products as other shops in the same area and I think it really mekes sense. The girls at grossstadtrekorder are happy to be the only retailer in Linden, and they’re selling the CUT mag quite well. And it’s so close to my shop, you can just hop over the street and get your issue when you visit me. As for the upcoming issue: I’ll make sure to buy one for you and bring it when we have our trionauten date :-)

10. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:16am

Enna – oh I see. I guess it’s a Hannover indie thing. In the states, it’s pretty common for other nearby stores to carry some of the same magazines AS LONG as the shop has a different customer base/products. If it’s the same, well that’s not good and creates a spirit of competition. Also, I think that in the case of a magazine, the goal is to promote the magazine and the artists inside vs. make a huge profit from selling it. In most cases, shops make VERY little profit from magazine sales. That’s why I even suggested it in the first place, the more exposure the magazine gets, the better for the magazine and the better chance that it will stay around and continue to grow. It’s like any magazine really, like Princz or Living & More or whatever. 100 kiosks and stores on the same street sells the same magazine and it’s all good. It this were an artist or collection or brand, or even a book I’d say no way… But it’s a magazine. Again, I’m coming at this at from an outsider’s perspective so you have to do what works best here in your world. :)

11. enna commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:25am

I talked to the girls about it, figuring if they’d be fine with me selling CUT as well, I’d go for it. But they said they’d rather be the only reatiler on Deisterstr. which I understand. It’s something, people especially come to their shop for, because it’s not available all over the city.

12. decor8 commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 7:27am

Oh enna, I see! :) You don’t want to step on any toes then so I guess I’ll have to go over there to get a copy. :)

13. Jacqueline commented
    September 16th, 2009 at 8:09am

Ick i want a copy of this magazine too. :) Thanks for the link with all the retailers enna. Saw they have some retailers in Hamburg..yipee will have to ask my fiance to get me a copy! Have a lovely merry happy day Holly! Love to you.
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..wishing weekend like this could last longer… =-.

14. TSCHAU TSCHÜSSI commented
    September 17th, 2009 at 9:12am

Heyhey. You can also buy it online at our shop! :)
    Release tomorrow!
    .-= TSCHAU TSCHÜSSI´s last blog ..HEUTE IN DER POST ::: ANONYMOUS LETTER! =-.

15. bzz commented
    September 20th, 2009 at 9:47am

Thank you for the online shop links!
    I’m French and I bought the first issue at Berlin’s Airport just befor leaving this summer.
    This magazine is really amazing: great ideas, very good photos, interesting people and a lot of fun!
    Now I finally can follow all the publications thanks to you.
    All the best !
    .-= bzz´s last blog ..Le Dormeur Du Club =-.