uncategorized

Submissions Needed: Calendar Round Up 2010!

September 17, 2009

Spread the word to all your friends who create calendars! decor8 is accepting submissions… Yahoo! It all began in 2006 when I posted my first ever calender round up in the autumn and then ’07 came and artists contacted, and again in ’08 and so now in ’09 I’m continuing tradition by organizing yet my 4th calender round up – the post with all of my picks for 2010 will go live on Friday, October 17th. I started receiving submissions for this great round up already (thanks everyone!) but I’d love it if you have been featured here in the past if you’d please contact me with your 2010 calendar (images, in situ, etc) so that I can include your work again this year – I don’t want to overlook anyone if I can help it. If you’ve never been featured and would like to be, you may also submit. I can’t promise to include everyone but I’m hoping to make this the largest round up ever so if you are doing a cally this year (and you think decor8 readers would like it and that it would fit the overall vibe of decor8), send in your shop name, link, and images!

Submissions Needed: Calendar Round Up 2010!

Submission Deadline: Monday, October 12th.

Guidelines: In the subject please type CAL SUB

Images: Make sure they aren’t too large — 500-900 pixels wide is perfect. No larger, please. Shots need to be clear, bright, and shot in natural daylight (no flash).

You can reach me by email at holly at decor8blog.com.

The post will go live on Friday, October 17th! Stay tuned!

New to decor8 and not sure what a calendar round up is? This should help.

(image: be happy now)

24 Comments

• Reply juliette September 17, 2009 at 5:01 am

crossing my fingers for more calendars with actual space to write in appointments!

There were a couple last year – but I’d love to replace the giant desk calendar we use in our kitchen to write everything in (and we’re only 2 people)!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Corner View: September and a Science Fair =-.

• Reply stephanie September 17, 2009 at 5:30 am

Thanks so much Holly for this opportunity :)
    .-= stephanie´s last blog ..Letting Go =-.

• Reply Rachael September 17, 2009 at 5:55 am

Great timing Holly! I was just looking at my Olive Dear calendar and thinking it was just about time for a calendar round up! Can’t wait for your 2010 recommendations. Best, Rachael.

• Reply Savvy Photographer September 17, 2009 at 6:23 am

I can’t wait to see all the fabulous calendars!
    {what a great idea}
    .-= Savvy Photographer´s last blog ..{did you enter yet??} =-.

• Reply ceci September 17, 2009 at 7:32 am

completely agree with julitte!!
    I’m going to try one out, if I have time!
    love decor8!
    .-= ceci´s last blog ..el mundo de sharon montrose =-.

• Reply reilly September 17, 2009 at 9:18 am

what a fabulous idea!! just looked through last year’s roundup and they were all so unique & cute. looking forward to oct. 17th!
    .-= reilly´s last blog ..{Wednesday Trendsday} Warm and Cozy =-.

• Reply Diana September 17, 2009 at 9:24 am

Hooray! Looking forward to the feature and in the meantime, I need to finalize my calendar! Thanks for the motivation ;-)
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Memory Lane =-.

• Reply viv September 17, 2009 at 10:00 am

what a great opportunity, I can’t wait to see the results!!!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..Jolie La Petite Ballerina =-.

• Reply Victoria Bennett Beyer September 17, 2009 at 10:11 am

I can’t wait to see what you collect for us to see! What a great idea.

• Reply Earthy Beginnings September 17, 2009 at 10:29 am

Can’t wait to see all your fabulous finds… I’m a sucker for calendars and planners!
    .-= Earthy Beginnings´s last blog ..Modern Toy Boxes =-.

• Reply DawnS September 17, 2009 at 11:37 am

Just looking at your link to last year’s round-up I was in calendar heaven…can’t wait to see what you have in store for us this year! I’m in the middle of designing a calendar (as gifts for friends & family) and this is great inspiration!
    .-= DawnS´s last blog ..Stop and enjoy… =-.

• Reply gretchenmist/belinda September 17, 2009 at 3:43 pm

just the deadline i needed to get mine finished :)
    thanks so much for doing this Holly.
    .-= gretchenmist/belinda´s last blog ..my creative space . production =-.

• Reply Maddie September 17, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Hi :-) Can you share who made the adorable calendar in the background of your picture?

• Reply Brittany September 18, 2009 at 9:21 am

Oh how I love calendars! Great Idea! I will most definitely be checking back. Thanks!
    .-= Brittany´s last blog ..Homecoming Style | High-Class & High-Spirited ideas for a memorable night! =-.

• Reply susy September 18, 2009 at 10:10 am

I will definitely submit. I have the Deluxe Calendar in the shop now, and also a smaller, desk sized version that’s a brand new item!

Thanks so much for the opportunity, and the details!
    I can’t wait to see what everyone else is cooking up for 2010!

• Reply lisa :: the red thread September 18, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Hi Holly, I just bought a gorgeous calendar from one of my fave Australian Artists. I’ll send you a link.
    .-= lisa :: the red thread´s last blog ..Inspiration :: Takashi Iwasaki =-.

• Reply Seth September 18, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Your calendar posts are events in themselves. Looking forward…

• Reply zarnigar September 19, 2009 at 3:42 am

a perfect and unique style of calender showing unique features …… these kind of posts encourage us to make some thing like this on our own

• Reply Afi September 20, 2009 at 12:22 pm

YAY!! That’s wonderful Holly! I am working on my 2010 calendar right now and I’m so excited to send it’s photos to you! Soon! :) xo
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..Illustration Friday: Welcome =-.

• Reply Candi September 20, 2009 at 10:42 pm

I can’t wait! Thank you Holly for this wonderful opportunity!!!

• Reply Jennifer :: Night Owl October 11, 2009 at 12:46 pm

This is awesome Holly! We look forward to seeing all the submissions. We’ll send our new wood critter & pattern calendar images soon. Hoot!

• Reply helena / little mo October 11, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Yaaaay holly! I’m going to send you a mail shortly with my 2010 Little mo and Friends calendars! I can’t wait to see all the other submissions! Thanks for supporting handmade art!

• Reply Eva Ricci October 12, 2009 at 5:21 pm

SO excited Holly…just sent you a mail with my submission….can’t wait to see all the others.
    best regards