Happy Weekend!

September 25, 2009

I’d like to take a moment before signing off for the weekend to thank you for visiting me here on decor8 this past week and for all the wonderful comments you’ve left that I enjoyed reading so very much! I’ve had a great week and I hope you have enjoyed the content that I’ve presented as much as I have. There is more in store for next week, so I’ll return again on Monday with a new batch of posts and experiences to share.

Happy Weekend!

But before we part, I have a few things to share with you that I’ve been enjoying. First, these vintage bottles from the local pharmacy, they used them years ago and recently sold 4 to me for 2- euros each. I use them to place beads inside, also for flower stems and other miscellany. I added Japanese masking tape because you can barely see them otherwise. But just for today. Tomorrow they may hold a few stems of wild flowers instead. The pharmacy has additional larger ones available too. I am so tempted… If only the had the space!

Happy Weekend!

Next, this design store in Hannover that I visited on Tuesday called Jöhrenshof. Part florist, part garden center and gift shop with home furnishings, bedding and more. The store is grouped into rooms and is just the most beautiful shop ever). They have wonderful bath products. I love my new home!

Happy Weekend!

And finally, fresh heather for my mother-in-law’s patio. :) It’s in bloom here and grown in the state where I live so you can find it everywhere for around 2,50- euros per pot. Oh and these handpainted soup bowls are ones I just took out of my china cabinet this afternoon for the hot homemade soup that Thorsten made for me since I seem to have caught a cold since last night… He made veggie soup and it was divine — as is everything he cooks. He is very Nigella in the kitchen and so no recipes are used and only fresh ingredients are chopped, peeled and placed into a hearty broth – all with love.

So I will go now with my bowl of steaming hot vegetable soup and get on with my weekend. I’m wishing you a wonderful few days until we meet again — be safe, be happy, and most of all, be creative in some small way if you can!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

• Reply leslie September 25, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Your photographs are gorgeous as usual! Have a relaxing weekend and feel better!
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Color Me Pretty =-.

• Reply georgina September 25, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Have a great weekend Holly!!!! :) and take care (a lot of soup and love!!!!) :)
    .-= georgina´s last blog ..correo Rosa :) =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie September 25, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for a wonderful week full of inspiration (as always!)! I hope your soup helps you kick your cold ;)
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Puppy Love =-.

• Reply pinkbathtub September 25, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Love the photos, have a great weekend and feel better:)
    .-= pinkbathtub´s last blog ..Brand, spankin’ new products. =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn September 25, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Old bottles have always fascinated me too. I bought a few last weekend from a thrift store and I feel I still want more :) Take care!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Happy Friday! =-.

• Reply Niamh Pedreschi September 25, 2009 at 5:23 pm

I’ve just discovered your blog and I’ll be returning.

I’ve also just added you to my blogroll.

• Reply Iman September 25, 2009 at 6:33 pm

I have been reading your blog for some time now, and want to say I still love how inspired I am with everyone of your posts!
    Thank you.
    Have a great weekend.
    .-= Iman´s last blog ..Friday For Thought =-.

• Reply Gabrielle Valentine September 25, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Loving that bright green tissue! Makes me want to wallpaper our house with it!

• Reply natalyn September 25, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Holly, you are living a charmed life. Feel better soon.
    .-= natalyn´s last blog ..yikes! =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 25, 2009 at 9:45 pm

These are beautiful! I love, love those bottles. And SO gorgeous with those lovely lilac bowls, and the heather. *sigh* Have a wonderful weekend hun!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Wow… =-.

• Reply Christy September 25, 2009 at 10:52 pm

What a wonderful find! Your photos are lovely as always!

• Reply a pretty trip September 26, 2009 at 2:41 am

Great pictures – love the heather! Feel better soon!!!

Have a good weekend!
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Happy Weekend Friends! =-.

• Reply Polly September 26, 2009 at 4:39 am

Those bottles are lovely :) and the tape is gorgeous! I would love some Japanese tape too!
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..2010 Calender =-.

• Reply Denise September 26, 2009 at 5:44 am

Great colours..! So fresh… I just love it..!
    .-= Denise´s last blog ..2) News Sex And The City 2 =-.

• Reply Alison September 26, 2009 at 5:47 am

Oh Holly, have I ever told you how much I love your life? Have a gorgeous weekend…x
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..Where Women Create =-.

• Reply Jacqueline September 26, 2009 at 8:41 am

Holly, i adore those vintage bottles…such a great buy! Lovely fresh heather for my mother-in-law’s patio! Have a wonderful merry happy weekend and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..have a fabulous weekend =-.

• Reply samantha hahn September 26, 2009 at 8:30 pm

oh those glorious flowers….I can almost smell them!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Hipster Illustration =-.

• Reply wishes, true and kind September 27, 2009 at 12:24 am

I LOVE the vintage pharmacy bottles!!
    .-= wishes, true and kind´s last blog ..A little more of the same…. =-.

• Reply wishes, true and kind September 27, 2009 at 12:25 am

I LOVE the vintage pharmacy bottles! Beautiful photos!
    .-= wishes, true and kind´s last blog ..A little more of the same…. =-.

• Reply Gwyn September 27, 2009 at 12:58 am

What an absolutely simple yet stunning idea! I’m thrilled to see this and think of all the possible variations for displaying lovely items throughout the seasons…flowers…shells…pinecones! Thank you for the great idea!
    And thank you so much for producing such a beautiful blog! I warmly invite you to visit me at any time at my blog!
    Hugs, Gwyn

• Reply Julien Denoyer September 27, 2009 at 4:52 am

Those vintage bottles are amazing, think of all the amazing colorful things you could fill them with!!! I love your photos, they are so beautiful I’d love to be able to do the same…have a nice end to the weekend.
    .-= Julien Denoyer´s last blog ..Pimp your MacBook =-.

• Reply Elly September 27, 2009 at 8:58 am

The pictures in your blog are amazing! A great display of harmony. Beauty for the eyes. Take care.

• Reply Frida September 27, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Lovely pictures! Inspiring as usual. You are the best!
    .-= Frida´s last blog ..H&M Home öppnar showroom i Stockholm =-.

• Reply jessica September 27, 2009 at 2:41 pm

very pretty heather.
    great vintage bottles and lovely bowls.
    hope the soup made you feel better.
    .-= jessica´s last blog ..More Budapest =-.

• Reply Nik Obidin September 27, 2009 at 5:03 pm

for some reason, I really like the design of the bowls in the back of pic:

did you design them?

• Reply decor8 September 28, 2009 at 2:43 am

Nik – No, they are from Denmark I believe.

• Reply Katherine aka. Urban Flea September 27, 2009 at 9:17 pm

So beautiful… I wish I was in Europe too! Heather makes such a lovely arrangement, perfectly captured by your gorgeous photos. Love!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    .-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..Daily High: Pieces =-.

• Reply tiina September 28, 2009 at 5:26 am

The heather is beautiful. Just like your photography – you’re a pro! I love it that you have really found your own style, and all your photographs have the same feel and look. A true signature decor8 look!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..{ jam jar covers } =-.

• Reply Nuit September 28, 2009 at 7:13 am

gosh Holly! everything about this post is soooo yummy!!! (specially the soup LOL but the flowers are gorgeous). Thanks for some lovely inspiration :)
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Lovely Vanity…… =-.

• Reply Holly September 28, 2009 at 11:16 am

I absolutely love your blog. I’ve been reading your blog for about two months now and everyday I look forward to new posts. I’ve been feeling artsy/crafty lately and scouring the internet for design/art/craft blogs and hands down, your’s is the best. I love looking at pics and reading about the comforts of home.
    Thanks for the fun posts, with great pics and lots of interesting commentary. In addition I am greatly fascinated by design & decor from European areas since all we see here in the states is US-type decor.
    Keep up the great work!

Holly from Texas, USA

• Reply zarnigar September 30, 2009 at 12:42 am

so creative use of vintage bottles and flowers are representing them as a perfect piece of decoration