Happy Weekend!

I’d like to take a moment before signing off for the weekend to thank you for visiting me here on decor8 this past week and for all the wonderful comments you’ve left that I enjoyed reading so very much! I’ve had a great week and I hope you have enjoyed the content that I’ve presented as much as I have. There is more in store for next week, so I’ll return again on Monday with a new batch of posts and experiences to share.

Happy Friday!

But before we part, I have a few things to share with you that I’ve been enjoying. First, these vintage bottles from the local pharmacy, they used them years ago and recently sold 4 to me for 2- euros each. I use them to place beads inside, also for flower stems and other miscellany. I added Japanese masking tape because you can barely see them otherwise. But just for today. Tomorrow they may hold a few stems of wild flowers instead. The pharmacy has additional larger ones available too. I am so tempted… If only the had the space!

Jöhrenshof Shop

Next, this design store in Hannover that I visited on Tuesday called Jöhrenshof. Part florist, part garden center and gift shop with home furnishings, bedding and more. The store is grouped into rooms and is just the most beautiful shop ever). They have wonderful bath products. I love my new home!

Fresh Heather

And finally, fresh heather for my mother-in-law’s patio. :) It’s in bloom here and grown in the state where I live so you can find it everywhere for around 2,50- euros per pot. Oh and these handpainted soup bowls are ones I just took out of my china cabinet this afternoon for the hot homemade soup that Thorsten made for me since I seem to have caught a cold since last night… He made veggie soup and it was divine — as is everything he cooks. He is very Nigella in the kitchen and so no recipes are used and only fresh ingredients are chopped, peeled and placed into a hearty broth – all with love.

So I will go now with my bowl of steaming hot vegetable soup and get on with my weekend. I’m wishing you a wonderful few days until we meet again — be safe, be happy, and most of all, be creative in some small way if you can!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 25, 2009

1. leslie commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:25pm

Your photographs are gorgeous as usual! Have a relaxing weekend and feel better!
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Color Me Pretty =-.

2. georgina commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:42pm

Have a great weekend Holly!!!! :) and take care (a lot of soup and love!!!!) :)
    Hugs!
    .-= georgina´s last blog ..correo Rosa :) =-.

3. City Chic - Jamie commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Thanks for a wonderful week full of inspiration (as always!)! I hope your soup helps you kick your cold ;)
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Puppy Love =-.

4. pinkbathtub commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 2:22pm

Love the photos, have a great weekend and feel better:)
    .-= pinkbathtub´s last blog ..Brand, spankin’ new products. =-.

5. My Owl Barn commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 3:23pm

Old bottles have always fascinated me too. I bought a few last weekend from a thrift store and I feel I still want more :) Take care!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Happy Friday! =-.

6. Niamh Pedreschi commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 5:23pm

I’ve just discovered your blog and I’ll be returning.

I’ve also just added you to my blogroll.

7. Iman commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 6:33pm

I have been reading your blog for some time now, and want to say I still love how inspired I am with everyone of your posts!
    Thank you.
    Have a great weekend.
    .-= Iman´s last blog ..Friday For Thought =-.

8. Gabrielle Valentine commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 7:05pm

Loving that bright green tissue! Makes me want to wallpaper our house with it!

9. natalyn commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 8:34pm

Holly, you are living a charmed life. Feel better soon.
    .-= natalyn´s last blog ..yikes! =-.

10. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 9:45pm

These are beautiful! I love, love those bottles. And SO gorgeous with those lovely lilac bowls, and the heather. *sigh* Have a wonderful weekend hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Wow… =-.

11. Christy commented
    September 25th, 2009 at 10:52pm

What a wonderful find! Your photos are lovely as always!

12. a pretty trip commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 2:41am

Great pictures – love the heather! Feel better soon!!!

Have a good weekend!
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Happy Weekend Friends! =-.

13. Polly commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 4:39am

Those bottles are lovely :) and the tape is gorgeous! I would love some Japanese tape too!
    xx
    .-= Polly´s last blog ..2010 Calender =-.

14. Denise commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 5:44am

Great colours..! So fresh… I just love it..!
    .-= Denise´s last blog ..2) News Sex And The City 2 =-.

15. Alison commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 5:47am

Oh Holly, have I ever told you how much I love your life? Have a gorgeous weekend…x
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..Where Women Create =-.

16. Jacqueline commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 8:41am

Holly, i adore those vintage bottles…such a great buy! Lovely fresh heather for my mother-in-law’s patio! Have a wonderful merry happy weekend and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..have a fabulous weekend =-.

17. samantha hahn commented
    September 26th, 2009 at 8:30pm

oh those glorious flowers….I can almost smell them!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Hipster Illustration =-.

18. wishes, true and kind commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 12:24am

I LOVE the vintage pharmacy bottles!!
    .-= wishes, true and kind´s last blog ..A little more of the same…. =-.

19. wishes, true and kind commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 12:25am

I LOVE the vintage pharmacy bottles! Beautiful photos!
    .-= wishes, true and kind´s last blog ..A little more of the same…. =-.

20. Gwyn commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 12:58am

What an absolutely simple yet stunning idea! I’m thrilled to see this and think of all the possible variations for displaying lovely items throughout the seasons…flowers…shells…pinecones! Thank you for the great idea!
    And thank you so much for producing such a beautiful blog! I warmly invite you to visit me at any time at my blog!
    Hugs, Gwyn

21. Julien Denoyer commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 4:52am

Those vintage bottles are amazing, think of all the amazing colorful things you could fill them with!!! I love your photos, they are so beautiful I’d love to be able to do the same…have a nice end to the weekend.
    .-= Julien Denoyer´s last blog ..Pimp your MacBook =-.

22. Elly commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 8:58am

The pictures in your blog are amazing! A great display of harmony. Beauty for the eyes. Take care.

23. Frida commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Lovely pictures! Inspiring as usual. You are the best!
    .-= Frida´s last blog ..H&M Home öppnar showroom i Stockholm =-.

24. jessica commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 2:41pm

very pretty heather.
    great vintage bottles and lovely bowls.
    hope the soup made you feel better.
    enjoy.
    .-= jessica´s last blog ..More Budapest =-.

25. Nik Obidin commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 5:03pm

for some reason, I really like the design of the bowls in the back of pic:

did you design them?

26. Katherine aka. Urban Flea commented
    September 27th, 2009 at 9:17pm

So beautiful… I wish I was in Europe too! Heather makes such a lovely arrangement, perfectly captured by your gorgeous photos. Love!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    .-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..Daily High: Pieces =-.

27. decor8 commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 2:43am

Nik – No, they are from Denmark I believe.

28. tiina commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 5:26am

The heather is beautiful. Just like your photography – you’re a pro! I love it that you have really found your own style, and all your photographs have the same feel and look. A true signature decor8 look!
    .-= tiina´s last blog ..{ jam jar covers } =-.

29. Nuit commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 7:13am

gosh Holly! everything about this post is soooo yummy!!! (specially the soup LOL but the flowers are gorgeous). Thanks for some lovely inspiration :)
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Lovely Vanity…… =-.

30. Holly commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 11:16am

I absolutely love your blog. I’ve been reading your blog for about two months now and everyday I look forward to new posts. I’ve been feeling artsy/crafty lately and scouring the internet for design/art/craft blogs and hands down, your’s is the best. I love looking at pics and reading about the comforts of home.
    Thanks for the fun posts, with great pics and lots of interesting commentary. In addition I am greatly fascinated by design & decor from European areas since all we see here in the states is US-type decor.
    Keep up the great work!

Holly from Texas, USA

31. zarnigar commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:42am

so creative use of vintage bottles and flowers are representing them as a perfect piece of decoration