Seema Krish: Indian Textiles

I recently heard from a talented textile designer in Boston, Seema Krish, and had a first look at her newly launched website and felt excited to share her work here today. Seema translates traditional Indian techniques of applique, hand block printing and embroidery along with memories of her childhood into fabrics that are modern and lively — of course words cannot fully describe this sort of thing, one needs to see for themselves… So here, have a look… :)

Seema Krish Textiles

I want these pillows above for my bedroom! So badly! If you’re familiar with Calvin Klein Home, Jack Lenor Larsen, Robert Allen and Donghia fabrics (RA and Donghia being two of my personal favorites of to-the-trade fabrics) you will be impressed to know that Seema has had her hand in designing for them in addition to her new line of textiles that I’m sure will be a hit. I personally love her pillow collection, especially in her anjeeri, sona, rani pink and peacock blues colors. Gorgeous, and of course I find that she’s used Hindi words to name the colors in her collection most fascinating… especially to learn what each of them means (learn here).

Seema Krish Textiles

Seema Krish Textiles

Psst: Have a glance at her blog, Textile Swatches, or perhaps spend an hour there (like I just did!). What an informative blog!

(images: seema krish textiles)

Posted by decor8 in textiles on September 28, 2009

1. visualingual commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Great colors and patterns! Congratulations on the launch of the line!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Midwest Seed Bombs =-.

2. My Owl Barn commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 5:22pm

I love Indian textiles because of the colors and patterns used. If you are a fan of Indian like me then you must check http://www.johnrobshaw.com/ whose collection is delightful.
    Thanks for sharing Seema’s work. I’ll add her to my eye candy list :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owl Clock by Decoylab =-.

3. tricia commented
    September 28th, 2009 at 5:28pm

beautiful fabrics! i love the coral-esque one on the top right pillow, just gorgeous!
    .-= tricia´s last blog ..the big reveal (catherine’s finished bedroom)… =-.

4. samantha hahn commented
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:08am

love these!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..My fabric design/chair featured in Bust Magazine =-.

5. rose commented
    September 29th, 2009 at 8:58am

these are so beautiful, i’d buy one of those blankets right away, if i just could! but here in germany…..

6. keyka commented
    September 29th, 2009 at 11:28am

These are all so beautiful! I bet they feel wonderful too.
    .-= keyka´s last blog ..Favorite Fabrics – Alexander Henry April Showers =-.

7. Penny Patten commented
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:17pm

These are very nice, thanks for sharing!

8. seema commented
    September 29th, 2009 at 9:17pm

thanks! Holly
    and thank u all for the appreciation of my work. Rose, I hope I could find a way to sell in Europe/ Germany… if you know of any stores that might be interested- do let me know!

9. zarnigar commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:38am

good piece of work on fabrics she is creative and knows how to design on fabric …….. really perfect handcraft n awesome patterns

10. decor8 commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 2:50am

Seema – Have you tried to connect with Danielle who owns the online shop based in the Netherlands – Le Souk? She is also the founder/editor of the Style Files blog. I think she’d love some of your things…

11. Kiran commented
    October 8th, 2009 at 11:22pm

Beautiful motif’s and colors.
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Beyonce’ “I am…” World Tour =-.

12. anita narain commented