Objects

Seema Krish: Indian Textiles

September 28, 2009

I recently heard from a talented textile designer in Boston, Seema Krish, and had a first look at her newly launched website and felt excited to share her work here today. Seema translates traditional Indian techniques of applique, hand block printing and embroidery along with memories of her childhood into fabrics that are modern and lively — of course words cannot fully describe this sort of thing, one needs to see for themselves… So here, have a look… :)

Seema Krish: Indian Textiles

I want these pillows above for my bedroom! So badly! If you’re familiar with Calvin Klein Home, Jack Lenor Larsen, Robert Allen and Donghia fabrics (RA and Donghia being two of my personal favorites of to-the-trade fabrics) you will be impressed to know that Seema has had her hand in designing for them in addition to her new line of textiles that I’m sure will be a hit. I personally love her pillow collection, especially in her anjeeri, sona, rani pink and peacock blues colors. Gorgeous, and of course I find that she’s used Hindi words to name the colors in her collection most fascinating… especially to learn what each of them means (learn here).

Seema Krish: Indian Textiles

Seema Krish: Indian Textiles

Psst: Have a glance at her blog, Textile Swatches, or perhaps spend an hour there (like I just did!). What an informative blog!

(images: seema krish textiles)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply visualingual September 28, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Great colors and patterns! Congratulations on the launch of the line!
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Midwest Seed Bombs =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn September 28, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I love Indian textiles because of the colors and patterns used. If you are a fan of Indian like me then you must check http://www.johnrobshaw.com/ whose collection is delightful.
    Thanks for sharing Seema’s work. I’ll add her to my eye candy list :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owl Clock by Decoylab =-.

• Reply tricia September 28, 2009 at 5:28 pm

beautiful fabrics! i love the coral-esque one on the top right pillow, just gorgeous!
    .-= tricia´s last blog ..the big reveal (catherine’s finished bedroom)… =-.

• Reply samantha hahn September 29, 2009 at 6:08 am

love these!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..My fabric design/chair featured in Bust Magazine =-.

• Reply rose September 29, 2009 at 8:58 am

these are so beautiful, i’d buy one of those blankets right away, if i just could! but here in germany…..

• Reply keyka September 29, 2009 at 11:28 am

These are all so beautiful! I bet they feel wonderful too.
    .-= keyka´s last blog ..Favorite Fabrics – Alexander Henry April Showers =-.

• Reply Penny Patten September 29, 2009 at 7:17 pm

These are very nice, thanks for sharing!

• Reply seema September 29, 2009 at 9:17 pm

thanks! Holly
    and thank u all for the appreciation of my work. Rose, I hope I could find a way to sell in Europe/ Germany… if you know of any stores that might be interested- do let me know!

• Reply decor8 September 30, 2009 at 2:50 am

Seema – Have you tried to connect with Danielle who owns the online shop based in the Netherlands – Le Souk? She is also the founder/editor of the Style Files blog. I think she’d love some of your things…

• Reply zarnigar September 30, 2009 at 12:38 am

good piece of work on fabrics she is creative and knows how to design on fabric …….. really perfect handcraft n awesome patterns

• Reply Kiran October 8, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Beautiful motif’s and colors.
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Beyonce’ “I am…” World Tour =-.

• Reply anita narain April 18, 2010 at 10:56 am