Arts + Crafts

Fillypa

September 30, 2009

Fillypa is an artist from Colombia who lives and works in Bogotá and she has incredible talent in both graphic design and illustration. In her work, she combines her four loves: screen printing, etching, drawing and painting and has been recognized and published in magazines worldwide such as Frankie (Australia) and MILK (France). Just look at her pastel world… You almost have to look really hard as they are SO soft like a whisper or a ghost…

Fillypa

Her art has been part of gallery exhibitions too — in Colombia, L.A., Spain and New York. I love her watercolor illustrations, I find them beautiful and touching — I look at them wondering what message each is trying to convey.

(images: fillypa)

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Catalina September 30, 2009 at 11:27 am

Hi Holly,

I love your blog, and I am Colombian. And, this just be my analness because people always miss spell it, but in the beginning of your article you spelled Colombia, “Columbia”. And, I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks for all of your wonderful work.

Catalina

• Reply decor8 September 30, 2009 at 11:33 am

Catalina – Sorry, typo! It is correct in the last paragraph but wrong in the first. I’ve gone ahead and made that edit. Thank you for noticing! :) My aunt lived in Colombia by the way, lovely there!

• Reply juliette September 30, 2009 at 11:51 am

Beautiful! I would love to see these illustrating a children’s book!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Corner View: White, or What To Do Over the Fireplace? =-.

• Reply Marlene September 30, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Gorgeous work!
    .-= Marlene´s last blog ..New Kid’s Print Available on Etsy! =-.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids September 30, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Does are some dreamy drawings!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..J.Crew why not Europe? =-.

• Reply Catalina September 30, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! It is beautiful there <3!

• Reply Pixel Wild Child September 30, 2009 at 5:44 pm

So delicate and pretty, these illustrations are gorgeous…
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Vintage Coca-Cola Cans via ffffound.com… they way Coke cans should be, nice and arty! =-.

• Reply Manuela October 1, 2009 at 12:53 am

Wow… her drawing are so soft! I like her style so much!
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Alice =-.

• Reply louise/artandghosts October 1, 2009 at 2:58 am

thanks for introducing me to this artist!
    .-= louise/artandghosts´s last blog ..Sylvia =-.

• Reply Afi October 1, 2009 at 7:31 am

What a wonderful find Holly! Her work is truly beautiful and so delicate…I love her pastel world too :) Thank you for sharing!

Have a wonderful October! xo
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..March – Maneki Neko =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 1, 2009 at 4:47 pm

How incredibly beautiful! Thank you for the introduction hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: coppers and creams =-.