Fillypa

Fillypa is an artist from Colombia who lives and works in Bogotá and she has incredible talent in both graphic design and illustration. In her work, she combines her four loves: screen printing, etching, drawing and painting and has been recognized and published in magazines worldwide such as Frankie (Australia) and MILK (France). Just look at her pastel world… You almost have to look really hard as they are SO soft like a whisper or a ghost…

Fillypa

Her art has been part of gallery exhibitions too — in Colombia, L.A., Spain and New York. I love her watercolor illustrations, I find them beautiful and touching — I look at them wondering what message each is trying to convey.

(images: fillypa)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on September 30, 2009

1. Catalina commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 11:27am

Hi Holly,

I love your blog, and I am Colombian. And, this just be my analness because people always miss spell it, but in the beginning of your article you spelled Colombia, “Columbia”. And, I just wanted to bring it to your attention. Thanks for all of your wonderful work.

Catalina

2. decor8 commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 11:33am

Catalina – Sorry, typo! It is correct in the last paragraph but wrong in the first. I’ve gone ahead and made that edit. Thank you for noticing! :) My aunt lived in Colombia by the way, lovely there!

3. juliette commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 11:51am

Beautiful! I would love to see these illustrating a children’s book!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Corner View: White, or What To Do Over the Fireplace? =-.

4. Marlene commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 2:11pm

Gorgeous work!
    .-= Marlene´s last blog ..New Kid’s Print Available on Etsy! =-.

5. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 3:37pm

Does are some dreamy drawings!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..J.Crew why not Europe? =-.

6. Catalina commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 4:14pm

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! It is beautiful there <3!

7. Pixel Wild Child commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 5:44pm

So delicate and pretty, these illustrations are gorgeous…
    .-= Pixel Wild Child´s last blog ..Vintage Coca-Cola Cans via ffffound.com… they way Coke cans should be, nice and arty! =-.

8. Manuela commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 12:53am

Wow… her drawing are so soft! I like her style so much!
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Alice =-.

9. louise/artandghosts commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 2:58am

thanks for introducing me to this artist!
    .-= louise/artandghosts´s last blog ..Sylvia =-.

10. Afi commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 7:31am

What a wonderful find Holly! Her work is truly beautiful and so delicate…I love her pastel world too :) Thank you for sharing!

Have a wonderful October! xo
    .-= Afi´s last blog ..March – Maneki Neko =-.

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:47pm

How incredibly beautiful! Thank you for the introduction hun!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..The little things: coppers and creams =-.