Oh So Good

I heard from graphic designer Sarah Roberto from Oh So Good in Toronto this morning concerning her pretty new paper collection and I knew I’d be blogging it… Her flora notebook is my favorite, shown directly below in the first image…

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

I like that she is recycling vintage paper (including wallpaper) and using it for greeting cards, gift tags and notebooks, a growing trend and a very good one! And of course, her product shots and styling really show off her collection perfectly. It’s so important, and I’ve said it a billion times, to photograph your wares the best that you can for your store. A good product shot goes a long, long way!

Thank you so much for writing to me, Sarah!

(images: oh so good)

Posted by decor8 in stationery on September 30, 2009

1. vicki (simply hue) commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:11pm

Beautiful products and great photo styling!

Life’s been crazy lately and I haven’t visited your lovely blog lately, Holly. It’s refreshing to be back. :) Hope you’re doing well. xo

2. visualingual commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:11pm

So pretty! I especially love the vintage map cover.
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..FALL SALE Produce More 4 Everybody and U Print =-.

3. char commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:12pm

LOVE it!
    I’m going to visit her store NOW.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Char
    .-= char´s last blog ..Birthdays in our House… =-.

4. lesley commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:15pm

wow, these are gorgeous! thanks for sharing. i love the variety of pretty recycled papers. i also love that she’s a fellow canadian!
    .-= lesley´s last blog ..autumn colour week :: orange =-.

5. Kim commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:15pm

Thanks Holly – these are lovely! I get so excited when I purchase new notbooks and pads of paper. These will come in handy for gift-giving too.
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What is Your Definition of Beautiful Living? =-.

6. tricia@danish dessert commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:18pm

such pretty notebooks! i have a thing for cute notebooks….i can’t seem to ever fill up my notebook before i buy a new one that i think is cuter! now i’m left with probably 20 cute notebooks that are only half-used :)
    .-= tricia@danish dessert´s last blog ..my other sister’s bedroom re-do (coming soon)… =-.

7. Sue commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:27pm

Oh how beautiful are they, I think I may be off to spend a fortune over at her shop.
    .-= Sue´s last blog ..Daisy Gift Tags =-.

8. City Chic - Jamie commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 12:58pm

Beautiful product and beautiful pictures! You are definitely 100% correct about having good pictures for your shop, very important :) It’s so nice to come here and get inspired by the talented people you feature! Now, I’m off to check out the notebooks because I sure do love to have something gorgeous to jot down all of my ideas in.
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Big Patches-Big Love Quilt =-.

9. Anna commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 1:40pm

These are just lovely – a love the idea of something unique and not mass produced like this.

Will definitely put on my ‘must get round to purchasing when my paypal account allows me to’ list. It is getting long!!
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Alternative fruit bowl =-.

10. Tenille commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 2:16pm

I really like these and am on my way now to check her stuff out.
    .-= Tenille´s last blog ..fried bannock: part II =-.

11. fat mum slim commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 3:08pm

Oh boy. I’ve just visited her store and I think I may HAVE to buy.

She has some lovely, lovely goodies. x
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Everyday Everybody: Ronnie. =-.

12. My Owl Barn commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 3:34pm

Wow. I love them all. I visited her store and her collection is very gorgeous.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Some Missed Opportunities =-.

13. Coleccionando estrellas commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 4:37pm

So original and creative! It has to be nicer to write down your thoughts and sketches in one of these notebooks than on a moleskine, for example…and also to reapply unuseful materials for such lovely projects.

14. Penny Patten commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 6:02pm

These are lovely and look great!

15. pam commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 6:30pm

super cute!
    .-= pam´s last blog ..Hump Day =-.

16. found commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 7:00pm

we love this! i had to talk it about it on our blog today. thank you for the inspiration! xoxo

17. Kenza commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 7:15pm

yay to recycling!
    her collection is really nice :)

18. Xenia commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 7:56pm

I’ve been a big fan of Sarah’s work for awhile now. All of her notebooks are wonderful and definitely on my birthday wish list!

19. Kellie commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 8:16pm

Wow. And her store is Fab!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..rainy day or is it a sunny day =-.

20. Aline commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 8:42pm

This is one of my favorite websites. I started to browse it when I was living in Brazil. I still love it! Thank you so much!

Aline Alves, Montreal
    .-= Aline´s last blog ..Camiseteria + Converse = concurso Art Collabs =-.

21. Jacqueline commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 10:07pm

I too adore that she uses recycling vintage paper! Such gorgeous papers and collection! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Easy does it =-.

22. karyn commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 11:05pm

I’m so happy to discover a local gal via your blog. Those paper products are so fetching. Luckily, a girl can never have too many notebooks.
    .-= karyn´s last blog ..STYLISH DRESS BOOK : DRESS ‘J’ =-.

23. wedding chicks commented
    September 30th, 2009 at 11:28pm

“Oh so good”…..such a great way to describe this collection!! love it!

24. Leigh @ Constant Cravings commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 1:43am

oh so pretty!
    .-= Leigh @ Constant Cravings´s last blog ..If You Could Do Anything =-.

25. a pretty trip commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 2:02am

Too pretty!
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Domino Love =-.

26. caro commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 2:54am

These are so beautiful. Love it!
    .-= caro´s last blog ..Feinster Online-Einkauf! =-.

27. Sharalee commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 8:03am

This really is oh, so, so good! The perfect fix for my little stationery fetish!

28. Colette commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 8:30am

I have a “thing” for notebooks- am loving these.

And as a first-time commenter on your blog- thank you- your blog always brings me peace and serenity.

29. laura trevey commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 8:31am

so beautiful.. love the botanical one!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Caribbean Time, Large Size 14 by 20, Watercolor Print =-.

30. Jenny commented
    October 1st, 2009 at 7:48pm

Ooo I’ve been looking for something like this ! It’s perfect ! Thanks for sharing :)
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Arroyo Trabuco Golf Course Wedding Photography | Andrew and Megan =-.

31. sarathira commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 1:06pm

i get so giddy when i see beautiful stationeries, i just love investing in them, and sometimes i dont even use them, its so pretty it should be just stared at! haha im particularly fond of the maps notebook! it’d make a great travel journal as each paper is a different pattern, would make a niceeeeee backdrop to post your museum tickets and cafe receipts! :)
    .-= sarathira´s last blog ..Fireworks On Eid! =-.

32. Shannon commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 9:32pm

These are so lovely.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Fall Market on the Riverfront – Week 1 =-.

33. Carol commented
    March 30th, 2010 at 8:39am

Hi if you like cute little notebooks checkout my little designs at Caravan Cute
    Not to be copied though or you will be in trouble!
    I love those recycled paper pages on those notebooks

34. das. commented
    October 4th, 2010 at 11:26am

It’s soooooooo beautiful. I just dun wanna write something on it and make it dirty..
    das.´s last blog post ..Carhartt – One