Stationery

Oh So Good

September 30, 2009

I heard from graphic designer Sarah Roberto from Oh So Good in Toronto this morning concerning her pretty new paper collection and I knew I’d be blogging it… Her flora notebook is my favorite, shown directly below in the first image…

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

Oh So Good

I like that she is recycling vintage paper (including wallpaper) and using it for greeting cards, gift tags and notebooks, a growing trend and a very good one! And of course, her product shots and styling really show off her collection perfectly. It’s so important, and I’ve said it a billion times, to photograph your wares the best that you can for your store. A good product shot goes a long, long way!

Thank you so much for writing to me, Sarah!

(images: oh so good)

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

• Reply vicki (simply hue) September 30, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Beautiful products and great photo styling!

Life’s been crazy lately and I haven’t visited your lovely blog lately, Holly. It’s refreshing to be back. :) Hope you’re doing well. xo

• Reply visualingual September 30, 2009 at 12:11 pm

So pretty! I especially love the vintage map cover.
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..FALL SALE Produce More 4 Everybody and U Print =-.

• Reply char September 30, 2009 at 12:12 pm

LOVE it!
    I’m going to visit her store NOW.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Char
    .-= char´s last blog ..Birthdays in our House… =-.

• Reply lesley September 30, 2009 at 12:15 pm

wow, these are gorgeous! thanks for sharing. i love the variety of pretty recycled papers. i also love that she’s a fellow canadian!
    .-= lesley´s last blog ..autumn colour week :: orange =-.

• Reply Kim September 30, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Thanks Holly – these are lovely! I get so excited when I purchase new notbooks and pads of paper. These will come in handy for gift-giving too.
    .-= Kim´s last blog ..What is Your Definition of Beautiful Living? =-.

• Reply tricia@danish dessert September 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm

such pretty notebooks! i have a thing for cute notebooks….i can’t seem to ever fill up my notebook before i buy a new one that i think is cuter! now i’m left with probably 20 cute notebooks that are only half-used :)
    .-= tricia@danish dessert´s last blog ..my other sister’s bedroom re-do (coming soon)… =-.

• Reply Sue September 30, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Oh how beautiful are they, I think I may be off to spend a fortune over at her shop.
    .-= Sue´s last blog ..Daisy Gift Tags =-.

• Reply City Chic - Jamie September 30, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Beautiful product and beautiful pictures! You are definitely 100% correct about having good pictures for your shop, very important :) It’s so nice to come here and get inspired by the talented people you feature! Now, I’m off to check out the notebooks because I sure do love to have something gorgeous to jot down all of my ideas in.
    .-= City Chic – Jamie´s last blog ..Big Patches-Big Love Quilt =-.

• Reply Anna September 30, 2009 at 1:40 pm

These are just lovely – a love the idea of something unique and not mass produced like this.

Will definitely put on my ‘must get round to purchasing when my paypal account allows me to’ list. It is getting long!!
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..Alternative fruit bowl =-.

• Reply Tenille September 30, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I really like these and am on my way now to check her stuff out.
    .-= Tenille´s last blog ..fried bannock: part II =-.

• Reply fat mum slim September 30, 2009 at 3:08 pm

Oh boy. I’ve just visited her store and I think I may HAVE to buy.

She has some lovely, lovely goodies. x
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Everyday Everybody: Ronnie. =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn September 30, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Wow. I love them all. I visited her store and her collection is very gorgeous.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Some Missed Opportunities =-.

• Reply Coleccionando estrellas September 30, 2009 at 4:37 pm

So original and creative! It has to be nicer to write down your thoughts and sketches in one of these notebooks than on a moleskine, for example…and also to reapply unuseful materials for such lovely projects.

• Reply Penny Patten September 30, 2009 at 6:02 pm

These are lovely and look great!

• Reply pam September 30, 2009 at 6:30 pm

super cute!
    .-= pam´s last blog ..Hump Day =-.

• Reply found September 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm

we love this! i had to talk it about it on our blog today. thank you for the inspiration! xoxo

• Reply Kenza September 30, 2009 at 7:15 pm

yay to recycling!
    her collection is really nice :)

• Reply Xenia September 30, 2009 at 7:56 pm

I’ve been a big fan of Sarah’s work for awhile now. All of her notebooks are wonderful and definitely on my birthday wish list!

• Reply Kellie September 30, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Wow. And her store is Fab!
    .-= Kellie´s last blog ..rainy day or is it a sunny day =-.

• Reply Aline September 30, 2009 at 8:42 pm

This is one of my favorite websites. I started to browse it when I was living in Brazil. I still love it! Thank you so much!

Aline Alves, Montreal
    .-= Aline´s last blog ..Camiseteria + Converse = concurso Art Collabs =-.

• Reply Jacqueline September 30, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I too adore that she uses recycling vintage paper! Such gorgeous papers and collection! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..Easy does it =-.

• Reply karyn September 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I’m so happy to discover a local gal via your blog. Those paper products are so fetching. Luckily, a girl can never have too many notebooks.
    .-= karyn´s last blog ..STYLISH DRESS BOOK : DRESS ‘J’ =-.

• Reply wedding chicks September 30, 2009 at 11:28 pm

“Oh so good”…..such a great way to describe this collection!! love it!

• Reply Leigh @ Constant Cravings October 1, 2009 at 1:43 am

oh so pretty!
    .-= Leigh @ Constant Cravings´s last blog ..If You Could Do Anything =-.

• Reply a pretty trip October 1, 2009 at 2:02 am

Too pretty!
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Domino Love =-.

• Reply caro October 1, 2009 at 2:54 am

These are so beautiful. Love it!
    .-= caro´s last blog ..Feinster Online-Einkauf! =-.

• Reply Sharalee October 1, 2009 at 8:03 am

This really is oh, so, so good! The perfect fix for my little stationery fetish!

• Reply Colette October 1, 2009 at 8:30 am

I have a “thing” for notebooks- am loving these.

And as a first-time commenter on your blog- thank you- your blog always brings me peace and serenity.

• Reply laura trevey October 1, 2009 at 8:31 am

so beautiful.. love the botanical one!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Caribbean Time, Large Size 14 by 20, Watercolor Print =-.

• Reply Jenny October 1, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Ooo I’ve been looking for something like this ! It’s perfect ! Thanks for sharing :)
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Arroyo Trabuco Golf Course Wedding Photography | Andrew and Megan =-.

• Reply sarathira October 4, 2009 at 1:06 pm

i get so giddy when i see beautiful stationeries, i just love investing in them, and sometimes i dont even use them, its so pretty it should be just stared at! haha im particularly fond of the maps notebook! it’d make a great travel journal as each paper is a different pattern, would make a niceeeeee backdrop to post your museum tickets and cafe receipts! :)
    .-= sarathira´s last blog ..Fireworks On Eid! =-.

• Reply Shannon October 4, 2009 at 9:32 pm

These are so lovely.
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Fall Market on the Riverfront – Week 1 =-.

• Reply Carol March 30, 2010 at 8:39 am

Hi if you like cute little notebooks checkout my little designs at Caravan Cute
    Not to be copied though or you will be in trouble!
    I love those recycled paper pages on those notebooks

• Reply das. October 4, 2010 at 11:26 am

It’s soooooooo beautiful. I just dun wanna write something on it and make it dirty..