Rooms

Designers Guild – Autumn 2009

October 2, 2009

Designers Guild just rolled out their Autumn collection and I adore these bed linens. I own some of their fabrics and they are so luxurious and the colors are vivid and so, so lovely. I would really like to own bedding from them at some point, and wallpaper too. Designer Tricia Guild has such incredible vision.

Designers Guild   Autumn 2009

Have you ever seen her book, an oldie but goodie, called Inspiration? It’s packed with gorgeous photos ranging from interiors to flowers and travel photos from places that have inspired her work. Pick up a copy if you don’t own it already, it’s what every creative type should make a point to add to their library. :)

(images: designers guild)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply leslie October 2, 2009 at 10:57 am

I will admit I have been a Tricia Guild groupie for years!!! I own all her books and still look at them all…hmmm…it would be fun to do a “cover band” design post of her… :)
    .-= leslie´s last blog ..Quick Hello =-.

• Reply decor8 October 2, 2009 at 11:02 am

Leslie totally — could be fun for a future Color Me Pretty!? :)

• Reply beth gunnell October 2, 2009 at 11:45 am

Such lovely colours…more subtle than past work from Designers Guild. Really really nice.
    .-= beth gunnell´s last blog ..have a look at these for maps! =-.

• Reply Jane Pennells October 2, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I too have been a Tricia Guild groupie ever since I went into the Kings Road store in London (when it was tiny) years and years ago. Watching the brand – and the store – grow is very exciting and I always look forward to the new season collections to see what Tricia is dreaming up. So cool too that she’s been recognized in the UK by the Royal Household for services to the Queen and recently received an OBE (Officer in The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire). The Royal Collection she designed is to-die-for! Now that I have a web store I am finally able to sell these gorgeous things in the US! The DG leather accessories are one of our very best sellers and we just became one of the only online retailers of their luxe pillows and blankets. (‘scuse the shameless self promotion) Holly, please let me know if we can offer a special deal for your readers!

• Reply The Buzz - Diane James Home October 2, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Gorgeous – we absolutely love the pink hydrangea. We met Tricia last year in New York at a book signing. Lovely lady with lovely taste!
    .-= The Buzz – Diane James Home´s last blog ..October’s Necessary Luxury – White Flower Farm =-.

• Reply Alexis October 2, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I love the collection in the top two photos. Where did you find that? I keep looking at her website and can’t find it. Am I missing something?
    Thanks

• Reply Amy - no. 15 creative October 2, 2009 at 2:31 pm

I may have to reconsider my bedding after seeing the first one. Great pattern and I really like the little bits of color on the piping.
    .-= Amy – no. 15 creative´s last blog ..Photo Friday =-.

• Reply decor8 October 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm

Alexis – Good question! I pulled that photo collage together a few days ago, it was on the site then and now it looks like it’s gone and there are new ones. Hmmmm.

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee October 2, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Thanks! I will have to check them out.

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Giveaway and Discount from Duvets Comforters and Bedding.com =-.

• Reply LD October 2, 2009 at 6:36 pm

What a fresh collection from Designers Guild! I love how playful her patterns are and her color choices are always so cheerful. Thanks so much for sharing.
    .-= LD´s last blog ..Weekend Shopping: New Victoria Hagan at Target =-.

• Reply maria1975@msn.com October 3, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Oohhh, these bed linens are so pretty – thanks for sharing :)

• Reply monica from hola!design October 5, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I love Designers Guild. I;d love to go to the London Store!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Another monday! =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 7, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I so agree! Love Tricia!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply jeanine October 7, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I have loved Tricia Guild’s work for years as well and a few weeks ago was able to attend a presentation/panel discussion with her. Not only are the Designers Guild products amazing but it’s easy to see why when you look at the gorgeous photos she uses for inspiration.

• Reply Zarnigar October 8, 2009 at 7:19 am

i can see lots of creativity in your work you did awesome work on bed covers and cushions …. black leaves and red petals are simply flawless

• Reply Rebekah October 9, 2009 at 10:16 am

I love the Designers Guild collection. You have picked some great faves here. I am a huge huge fan of the Designers Guild Bedding as well as the rugs. Have you seen the rugs for kids room they have – exquisite colors.

• Reply Amanda Back October 20, 2009 at 3:24 am

Hello
    I am so pleased you are all enjoying our new collection. I will make sure Tricia sees your site and your comments too. it is always lovely to hear what people think of the collection so thank you!
    Do log on to our site http://www.designersguild.com to keep up to date with what we are launching and of course special offers too.
    Kind regards
    Amanda Back
    Public Relations Manager

• Reply Catherine May 4, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I have a chaise in my shop window in Designers Guild Asolo Berry Stripe which is the most amazing array of fuschia pink, dark pink, dark lime, aubergine, grey colours. It has caused quite a stir in the town and interestingly although the workshop can make it in any fabric they tell me that 95% of their orders are this particular Designers Guild fabric as once you’ve seen it you’re smitten – as with all her fabrics it is truly stunning.

• Reply liznorris May 17, 2010 at 4:55 am

I have read all of this and have bought lots of Designers Guild bed linen in the past but the last 2 sets are of very poor quality. Two goes at ironing and they are still so creased I cannot put them on the bed. And instead of offering a refund they offer a credit note! Awful customer service – dont even give you a name so you have to correspond with Dear Feedback.

One of the sets even had two pillowcases of different sizes!