Pilgrim Lee

October 2, 2009

Have you heard of Pilgrim Lee, illustrator and designer, from Australia? She is a freelance graphic designer who studied visual communications at the University of South Australia and who is inspired by folk art, 60s design, fashion, textiles and music. Someday, she’s love to open her own diner and write a children’s book. I enjoy her blog, Draw! Pilgrim, and enjoyed peeking into her home recently on Flickr. Here’s a few views for you that I especially liked since I think it shows her fun loving nature and love of color and pattern.

Pilgrim Lee

Pilgrim Lee

I think it takes a lot of courage to just go with the flow and decorate exactly how you like, not following trends or giving in to what your friends or family may like. It’s hard to not be a crown follower sometimes, and Pilgrim seems to enjoy setting herself apart from the ‘norms’ out there and I think this is what makes her aesthetic so charming and fun. When it comes to decorating and your home, shouldn’t it be a true reflection of self (and your family)?

Dare to be different, right!?

(images: pilgrim lee)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Amy October 2, 2009 at 11:21 am

I love this, and I had never heard of her before! So wonderfully inspiring. thank you as always!
    .-= Amy´s last blog friday: louise o’dwyer =-.

• Reply lindsay October 2, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I can’t imagine decorating my house to suit someone else’s liking. Most of our furnishings are vintage, refurbished estate sale or curbside finds, mixed with an occasional new must have item. We have an unfancy kitchen, one bathroom and no formal dining room, 3 bedrooms, all under 1000 sq. ft.. I find it annoying that people always assume we’re looking to “move up”…which apparently includes big houses with expensive utilities, cherry cabinets and granite countertops, and wasted space. (yuck)

I love my home just the way it is…though I’d take a bigger yard :)

• Reply Cheryl October 2, 2009 at 12:59 pm

yes, so agree. What really intefered with the flow is putting our former house on the market and we went through “staging” — erasing all personality, neutralizing, even hired a stager, etc — must have helped, as it sold in 3 wks and our realtor said it was an easy house to show because it was so easy for others to see themselves in the house. Since that experience, I’ve been finding my way again and now getting back into it — in this process, I lost one identity, our home of 25 years, and am now recreating a new sense of home, of us! The pull of trends is strong in this culture; I never paid much attention before because I pretty much kept whatever we had. We went through that whole sell, give-away, majorly trim down phase and it’s amazingly freeing. But now that we need to fill this space, I’m seeing trends galore, which will be dated in another year. Takes a lot of courage, yes, and self-knowledge to decorate one’s nest.

• Reply lilfern October 3, 2009 at 1:43 am

oh – i love this house..there is so much energy and vitality in there!!

• Reply laura October 3, 2009 at 10:20 pm

beautiful space, terribly inspiring! cannot wait until i have my own place.
    .-= laura´s last blog =-.

• Reply October 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm

She has such a fun cheery home – love all the bright colors :)

• Reply dee October 5, 2009 at 7:55 am

Wow, lovely never heard of her before, off to investigate.

• Reply D R E W October 5, 2009 at 12:54 pm

love. her.

thanks for sharing! i have recently started doing the same with my apartment… making it how i want and not worrying about what guests say or what others might think. i like what i like and that’s that!
    .-= D R E W´s last blog ..bookworship =-.

• Reply sly_fox October 5, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Pilgrim’s home is brilliant ! There is complete, joyful commitment to her esthetic. Masterful use of saturated, delicious color and pitch-perfect graphics coordinating textiles and artwork. Simultaneously playful and extremely well-edited by a unifying vision. *LOVE*

• Reply Penny Patten October 7, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I love it when people embrace color and aren’t afraid of it!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply Sarah/Still Life Mercantile October 8, 2009 at 10:30 pm

i am completely in love with her home. its the perfect mix of color and energy and bright fabrics. i’m totally searching for a chesterfield style sofa and to see one mixed into that environment is so inspiring. so, so gorgeous, all of it. thanks for sharing!

• Reply amrita May 17, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Lovely home tour … i am gazing at her work now.. thanks for sharing..!