Pilgrim Lee

Have you heard of Pilgrim Lee, illustrator and designer, from Australia? She is a freelance graphic designer who studied visual communications at the University of South Australia and who is inspired by folk art, 60s design, fashion, textiles and music. Someday, she’s love to open her own diner and write a children’s book. I enjoy her blog, Draw! Pilgrim, and enjoyed peeking into her home recently on Flickr. Here’s a few views for you that I especially liked since I think it shows her fun loving nature and love of color and pattern.

Pilgrim Lee

Pilgrim Lee

I think it takes a lot of courage to just go with the flow and decorate exactly how you like, not following trends or giving in to what your friends or family may like. It’s hard to not be a crown follower sometimes, and Pilgrim seems to enjoy setting herself apart from the ‘norms’ out there and I think this is what makes her aesthetic so charming and fun. When it comes to decorating and your home, shouldn’t it be a true reflection of self (and your family)?

Dare to be different, right!?

(images: pilgrim lee)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on October 02, 2009

1. Amy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:21am

I love this, and I had never heard of her before! So wonderfully inspiring. thank you as always!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..gal friday: louise o’dwyer =-.

2. lindsay commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:46pm

I can’t imagine decorating my house to suit someone else’s liking. Most of our furnishings are vintage, refurbished estate sale or curbside finds, mixed with an occasional new must have item. We have an unfancy kitchen, one bathroom and no formal dining room, 3 bedrooms, all under 1000 sq. ft.. I find it annoying that people always assume we’re looking to “move up”…which apparently includes big houses with expensive utilities, cherry cabinets and granite countertops, and wasted space. (yuck)

I love my home just the way it is…though I’d take a bigger yard :)

3. Cheryl commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:59pm

yes, so agree. What really intefered with the flow is putting our former house on the market and we went through “staging” — erasing all personality, neutralizing, even hired a stager, etc — must have helped, as it sold in 3 wks and our realtor said it was an easy house to show because it was so easy for others to see themselves in the house. Since that experience, I’ve been finding my way again and now getting back into it — in this process, I lost one identity, our home of 25 years, and am now recreating a new sense of home, of us! The pull of trends is strong in this culture; I never paid much attention before because I pretty much kept whatever we had. We went through that whole sell, give-away, majorly trim down phase and it’s amazingly freeing. But now that we need to fill this space, I’m seeing trends galore, which will be dated in another year. Takes a lot of courage, yes, and self-knowledge to decorate one’s nest.

4. lilfern commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 1:43am

oh – i love this house..there is so much energy and vitality in there!!

5. laura commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 10:20pm

beautiful space, terribly inspiring! cannot wait until i have my own place.
    .-= laura´s last blog ..flickr. =-.

6. maria1975@msn.com commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 4:52pm

She has such a fun cheery home – love all the bright colors :)

7. dee commented
    October 5th, 2009 at 7:55am

Wow, lovely never heard of her before, off to investigate.

8. D R E W commented
    October 5th, 2009 at 12:54pm

love. her.

thanks for sharing! i have recently started doing the same with my apartment… making it how i want and not worrying about what guests say or what others might think. i like what i like and that’s that!
    .-= D R E W´s last blog ..bookworship =-.

9. sly_fox commented
    October 5th, 2009 at 4:03pm

Pilgrim’s home is brilliant ! There is complete, joyful commitment to her esthetic. Masterful use of saturated, delicious color and pitch-perfect graphics coordinating textiles and artwork. Simultaneously playful and extremely well-edited by a unifying vision. *LOVE*

10. Penny Patten commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 12:57pm

I love it when people embrace color and aren’t afraid of it!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

11. Sarah/Still Life Mercantile commented
    October 8th, 2009 at 10:30pm

i am completely in love with her home. its the perfect mix of color and energy and bright fabrics. i’m totally searching for a chesterfield style sofa and to see one mixed into that environment is so inspiring. so, so gorgeous, all of it. thanks for sharing!

12. amrita commented
    May 17th, 2011 at 3:41pm

Lovely home tour … i am gazing at her work now.. thanks for sharing..!