Sexy Legs

Love. This. Chair. I spotted it over on the BoligLiv website this afternoon… my oh my does it have some sexy legs, am I right? Love the stripey tights! I want to paint stripes on all of my chair legs now, ha ha, imagine that!? This is very Dr Seuss, don’t you think? The entire room is just darling and I don’t even love red as an accent color (sorry red lovers) but here I actually do love it. This is fun and playful and oh gosh, oh golly, it makes me think of candy canes and story time!

BoligLiv

Are you loving this too? Would you paint your chair legs with stripes?

10/3 UPDATE: These are actually knitted “cozies” for the legs, but the idea of painted legs like this sounds like a good idea for those of us who do not knit, huh? And by the way, I wrote about the idea of chairs with socks a few years ago here in case you’d like to see it for further inspiration.

(image: boligliv magazine)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on October 02, 2009

1. Nancy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:05am

I’m not the greatest fan of red as an accent colour either…but i’m really feeling this. It looks great! I love the stripey legs, not sure whether I could/would pull off the same colours, but I’m definately liking the chair leg DIY.

Nancy xx
    .-= Nancy´s last blog ..I like me with you =-.

2. Kyra commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:14am

Love it! Yes, I would definitely do it…. Now I need to find a chair like that (used!)…
    .-= Kyra´s last blog ..Photo Friday – The Face =-.

3. Amy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:19am

LOVE the stripy legs…so happy.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..gal friday: louise o’dwyer =-.

4. Rebecca commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:35am

You could probably easily do this without actually painting the legs, but using red and white ribbon instead. Then you could switch it up easily too.

Love it – thanks for sharing!
    .-= Rebecca´s last blog ..A plan to change the world =-.

5. Leyla commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:37am

Wow so cool! Very whimsical & so fun! I would totally do it… If I had the right chair and interior for it, lol! Red is such a strong & yummy color… Love it!

Thanks for sharing! =)
    .-= Leyla´s last blog ..How Much Water Should You Drink? =-.

6. Linda commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 11:53am

When I first saw it I thought they were knitted socks for the chair, not paint. That would be cool. You could change the socks with the seasons or your mood :)

7. fabframes commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:05pm

I don’t know that I’d ever have the guts to do that, but it does look amazing!
    .-= fabframes´s last blog ..Charley Harper at the Altman Siegel Gallery =-.

8. char commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:10pm

I think I would have to paint my chairs first…I need to get a lot of painting done around here actually.
    I am *hearting* this room too…enough space for kids to RUN RUN RUN around and create at that awesomely large table!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Char
    .-= char´s last blog ..Friday’s projects… =-.

9. christine commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:11pm

the stripey legs are actually knitted, not painted :D

here is a link to dagmar’s myspace:

she’s the one knitting and living in the apartment :)
    .-= christine´s last blog ..INSPIRASJON – ART & WALLS =-.

10. Susanne commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:15pm

yes I think this is a great idea to spruce up a boring chair. As I love all shades of grey at the moment, I would paint it in 2 shades of gray. For a rather elegant look the shades should be very close to each other.

Susanne
    .-= Susanne´s last blog ..lavender sachet =-.

11. Miss B commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 12:20pm

I think a striped leg chair would be so fun! I am not that wild but it could work in kids room for those like myself that aren’t as ‘wild’.
    .-= Miss B´s last blog ..BETSEY GRACE =-.

12. Nichole commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:10pm

I love it! I use red in my home frequently, though it doesn’t have quite the pop that the red in this photo does, because it stands out so great against all the white. But this looks great and so appealing to me! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Nichole´s last blog ..red velvet =-.

13. Pragya commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:16pm

I’m totally loving it!! Would have loved to try it out but I have a terrible DIY record :(
    .-= Pragya´s last blog ..Urbanite, Limited edition colorful fish art =-.

14. montse commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:17pm

Very nice room! Holly, instead of painting I would recommend sticking red tape (the kind of plastic flexible one that electricians use, at least in Spain), My mother did this with a white hola hoop that I had when I was litlle and I had the coolest one in my school!

15. Anna commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:26pm

hmm…
    i dunno about painting, but if I was a knitter, I would do that immediately. Like little sweaters. Like babylegs for chairs!

16. Izzy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:28pm

Uhm, no, sorry, it’s fugly! Whoever did this totally ruined that chair.

17. laura trevey commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:48pm

I like the Dr. Seuss analogy! Very fun ~~
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Red Crab, Watercolor Print by Laura L. Trevey, Chic and Fun =-.

18. Cristina commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 1:57pm

Totally! I love the stripes. I love the red too, but any color will do. Imagine aqua and orange stripes! Black & white could look sharp too.

19. Amy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 2:15pm

Totally! That looks fantastic!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Bunnies make me smile… =-.

20. Kajsa commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 2:22pm

Funny, I was thinking about painting a chair in black and white stripes today! Thanks to you I will probably just have to paint the legs!
    .-= Kajsa´s last blog ..A disappointment and new projects =-.

21. Anna commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 2:54pm

I *love* stripes, particularly on fabrics, walls etc …but I’m going to go against the grain here and say that stripey chair legs aren’t working for me.

I do however love the solid red chair – not sure if it is plastic or enamel and the red ditressed ‘N’ letter right at the back of the picture, tucked in the corner.

Anna :-)
    .-= Anna´s last blog ..School chairs and stairs envy =-.

22. My Owl Barn commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 3:49pm

I like how dining table is used with sofa for seating. Indeed the chairs are fun, too!
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owls You Have Never Seen Before =-.

23. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 4:21pm

what a really cool idea! :D
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..J.Crew why not Europe? =-.

24. J. commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 4:27pm

this fits perfectly in this room, but my home’s not really as white as the one one the picture, so i’m not quite sure it would look as good…
    .-= J.´s last blog ..Bücherei @ Home =-.

25. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 5:14pm

I agree, the striped legs are so fun!

xo,
    cristin
    .-= cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog ..Giveaway and Discount from Duvets Comforters and Bedding.com =-.

26. Wedding Chicks commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 5:52pm

so great! we usually overlook chair legs, but this what a great idea for making something like chair legs stand out and look to fun!

27. Amy commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 5:53pm

Now that I know it is knitted instead of painted, I love it even more!
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..gal friday: louise o’dwyer =-.

28. Diann commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 6:35pm

I did…and I posted about it this week!
    .-= Diann´s last blog ..Before and After…Computer chair =-.

29. Danette commented
    October 2nd, 2009 at 8:21pm

I love the idea of the couch up against the wall and the table in front if it……how cozy is that!?

The red stripes are fun!
    .-= Danette´s last blog ..Where Did It Go??? =-.

30. vessi commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 2:20am

Actually, they are not painted. This is knitting or crochet. Visit the original site and flip to the second image, it is easy to see the volume around the chair’s leg. Not paint :)

31. decor8 commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 4:01am

Vessi – Sorry I don’t read Swedish so I had no way of knowing!

32. juliette commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 4:26am

hee – I was actually thinking they must be knitted b/c if it was a standard chair (i see these chairs everywhere here w/metal legs) it would be a tad tricky to paint. I think it’s cute! painted or knitted!

Legwarmers for babies are on sale all over the place (just sent some to my niece!) – how fun would it be to see how a few pairs might look scrunched up on some chair legs – easy way to bring pattern and texture to a spot…hm.
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Something’s up: threads and pom poms =-.

33. michele commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 9:55am

knitted cosies are showing up everywhere! have seen the same idea on trees in parks, branches covered with colourful knitted pieces, and on parking meters, imagine a whole street with different stripes, also cosies on coffee and tea cups, so why not chairs too?? also, why not knit cosies for car steering wheels in the winter, and broom handles, rake handles, endless ideas……….
    its great to see knitting making more of an appearance in home decor…….i have been knitting since the age of 5………its great therapy for the mind and soul…….also keeps arthritis at bay……..

34. flor commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 6:19pm

Yes, I would! It looks great! :)

35. maria1975@msn.com commented
    October 3rd, 2009 at 10:29pm

Very cute room – I think I’ll pass on the striped legs, though :)

36. sarathira commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 1:01pm

im with you on the red, have never been a fan, but its amazing how one single picture can suddenly shift your likability! knitted leg warmers?? cuteness meter just blew up! seriously, people are getting more and more creative from day to day, coming up with all this adorable ideasss!
    .-= sarathira´s last blog ..Fireworks On Eid! =-.

37. Sara commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 6:32pm

red is my favorite color!!!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..LOVE =-.

38. ALison commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 7:15pm

I did the AOOOGA eyes when I saw those striped legs as well! AB FAB!

39. Rachel commented
    October 4th, 2009 at 10:20pm

what a great inspiration. . .i think printed chair legs would be so cool! thanks for sharing another great find!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Shop of the Week: Leoravon =-.

40. Maryam in Marrakech commented
    October 5th, 2009 at 3:33pm

eeek, this is so so adorable!!!! And I absolutely love red as an accent color. Of course….I live in Marrakech, the red city:-)

41. jette commented
    October 10th, 2009 at 11:29am

I think it looks great. We have two of the No. 7 chairs which are white. I might consider red and aqua. But I’m not sure that I would have the patience to knit them. It’s got very skinny legs that chair. :-)

Oh, and BTW Boligliv is a Danish magazine.

Jette/Denmark
    .-= jette ´s last blog ..French General =-.