uncategorized

Crafty Folk

October 5, 2009

I really want to wear this brooch from Crafty Folk on my Fall coat today with my cream cable knit scarf and my caramel leather riding boots. Today is the perfect Fall day here — a blue sky, puffy white clouds and lots of crisp air. As I was walking to the bakery earlier, I could smell wood burning from what I imagined to be, a cozy little stove in a nearby home, and with the crunch of the leaves beneath my shoes, I realized Autumn had officially arrived.

Crafty Folk

I’m off now — not to work on some important project or anything — but to go to the park across the street to collect some chestnuts and acorns to display on my sofa table, a simple but very nice touch that just makes things feel right at home… And then I’m off to have cake and coffee at a friends house because well… it’s that time of day when I must honor this German tradition! :) Later on, I’ll be back to work on some projects and of course, I’ll be meeting you back here with Leslie’s Color Me Pretty post – you won’t want to miss it because it’s absolutely stunning!

(images: crafty folk)

16 Comments

• Reply Travelingmama October 5, 2009 at 9:28 am

This is so cute! I was just lamenting the weather change here- hot and sunny. I’m ready for cool and wet so I can wear all my scarves! Hope you have a nice time with your friends!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..be {merry} =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 5, 2009 at 9:40 am

Ah, you make it all sound SO delicious. How wonderful and I cannot wait to see Leslie’s new post!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: inspired by a necklace =-.

• Reply Alpha Shanahan October 5, 2009 at 9:43 am

thanks for sharing about this lovely brooch. my mind has been filled with brooches today. ‘bought a nice black shirt and was looking for a nice accent for it. ‘couldn’t find a thing in my drawer….

when i saw your post today, my reaction was, ‘that’s it!’ that lovely orange brooch will just be perfect with my black shirt.

• Reply Elissa October 5, 2009 at 10:06 am

Mmmm, that sweater/coat combination is yummy! The pin is nice too. Careful with bringing acorns in. My aunt once collected a bowl of acorns to put on her dining room table. The next morning a whole bunch of little worms had “hatched” out and were all over her table! Yuck! I’ve been afraid to collect them ever since!
    .-= Elissa´s last blog ..Personal style and Living Rooms =-.

• Reply decor8 October 5, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Elissa — Don’t worry, if you select the freshly fallen ones, it’s usually no problem. :)

• Reply Nuit October 5, 2009 at 12:01 pm

how lovely… I heart fall, it must be delicious in Germany :)
    .-= Nuit´s last blog ..Boy oh Boy! =-.

• Reply Wedding Chicks October 5, 2009 at 12:28 pm

great brooch! love the colors!!

• Reply vicki (simply hue) October 5, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Your day sounds so nice and relaxing, Holly. I love Fall and all of the smells, color, etc. Have a great new week! xo

• Reply TheBellaLife October 5, 2009 at 12:52 pm

That sounds like a beautiful day and a perfect outfit! Im jealous. I want to have cake and coffee with my friends.

• Reply nichole October 5, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Ahhh! Kaffe und Kuchen! We’re having some Kaffee und Kuchen events here in NYC for Amala.

Wish you were here. ;)
    .-= nichole´s last blog ..The Quintessential New Jersey Experience =-.

• Reply decor8 October 5, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Ah Nichole, you’re so sweet. :)

• Reply Bess October 5, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Sounds like the Deutsch life suits you well :) Don’t you love all the chestnuts on the ground? Can’t wait till the weather gets colder and we can eat roasted chestnuts….yum!
    .-= Bess´s last blog ..Weekend in Vienna =-.

• Reply joanne October 5, 2009 at 3:22 pm

these colors are fantastic
    .-= joanne´s last blog ..split splat =-.

• Reply Sarah - craftyFOLK October 5, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Oh, you made my day! Thank you for featuring my horse brooch, I truly appreciate it. Really a great treat:)

Best,
    Sarah

• Reply Francy October 5, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I´m in love with your blog, it´s so color, happy and with good vibrations… tks for this!

• Reply Brooke H October 6, 2009 at 4:36 am

I’ve been thinking about incorporating pins into my wardrobe. In the past I’ve always been anti pins, thinking they were too news anchor-ish, but I have a bunch. Even though I don’t wear them, I collect them. I love yours, its such a great look! Maybe I’ll dust mine off. :)
    .-= Brooke H´s last blog ..New to the shop: Catherine =-.