Objects

Umbrella Prints

October 5, 2009

Thanks to the wonderful Irene, I wrote about Umbrella Prints today over at Real Simple and was able to round up some of my favorite prints resulting in a visually inspiring post. You may see it here if you’d like.

Umbrella Prints

And by the way, Happy Monday to you! I hope that your weekend was as wonderful as mine… I spent Friday shopping for Autumn clothes, Saturday with my family nearby in their charming little village in the country just southwest of here eating and catching up since our last visit, and yesterday I enjoyed time with my friends and then sushi and a movie with a really nice couple — they are newlyweds, she is from China and he is a friend of the family whom I’ve known for as long as I’ve known my husband (my husband use to hold him as a baby and now he is 23!). I love how international my new city is and all of the new friendships I’m forming, it’s fun to start anew like this and to come upon such an interesting medley of personalities, lifestyles and cultural backgrounds. :)

(images: umbrella prints)

10 Comments

• Reply My Owl Barn October 5, 2009 at 5:59 am

Wow! What beautiful prints. I love that elephant print.

Good to know that you had a wonderful weekend :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owl Calendars 2010 =-.

• Reply Scooter GUy October 5, 2009 at 6:03 am

Wonderful :)

• Reply My Owl Barn October 5, 2009 at 6:03 am

Wow! What beautiful prints. I love that elephant print.

Good to know that you had a wonderful weekend :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Owl Calendars 2010 =-.

• Reply caro October 5, 2009 at 7:28 am

I love these little elephants. So easy and so wonderful!
    .-= caro´s last blog ..Do it myself Matrjoschka =-.

• Reply julie October 5, 2009 at 8:12 am

Thanks for the link Holly. The fabrics are gorgeous, such talented girls! I agree, the heart print does look fab in grey (strange but true!) :)
    .-= julie´s last blog ..happy haus = happy me =-.

• Reply Kate October 5, 2009 at 11:20 am

You’re right about these international cities – my building is full of students from around the world, and I couldn’t believe my Spanish housemates had never tried Indian food. Never!
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..My Life as an Intrepid Explorer =-.

• Reply Lisa P. October 5, 2009 at 12:00 pm

So glad all is going well for you in your new home. It sounds amazing–mainly because you can enjoy all the good things about being right where you are. That’s a gift.

Also, I’m going to check out these prints…they look cool!

• Reply The Perfect Palette October 5, 2009 at 12:37 pm

we’re loving the prints.
    .-= The Perfect Palette´s last blog ..Sponsor Introduction: Lasso’d Moon Designs {Sponsored Post} =-.

• Reply Sophie @ Century Finds October 5, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I keep going back to look at Umbrella Prints and dreaming about where I could use their fabric… but truly, it’s all so lovely, I just don’t know where to start! :-)
    .-= Sophie @ Century Finds´s last blog ..Teeny Tiny Giveaway 3 – Mini Perfume Bottles =-.

• Reply Jennifer October 6, 2009 at 11:53 am