Inspiring Art Videos

I noticed recently that artist Geninne Zlatkis, whom I’ve been following for several years now, has a series of art videos over at Vimeo sharing how she carves stamps, paints with white ink, and some of her watercolor techniques. I love this and wish more of my favorite artists would give online instruction a whirl because it’s so exciting to watch the process and feel as though I’m seated in the same room taking part in it all.

Geninne Zlatkis

Geninne Zlatkis

I think they’re very helpful and motivating, I love watching an artist at work so I’ve already viewed them all with my morning tea. I hope that you enjoy them! And to view more of Geninne’s art and learn about her work, you can visit her beautiful blog, Geninne’s Art Blog.

P.S. Don’t you just love her art studio and art wall?

(images: geninne zlatkis)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on October 06, 2009

1. a pretty trip commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:27am

Great find! Thanks Holly!

I love craft with a how-to.
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Knitted tea towels =-.

2. Kate MacAndrew commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:31am

I too love Geninne’s artwork and have followed her over on her blog for a few years now. I’m also lucky enough to own one of her prints! She is very talented lady and I will always aspire to have a study as beautiful as hers!

3. mijk commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:38am

I don’t think I loved a wall as much as i love this ever… And even better. It inspires instead of making me sad I am not a stylist nor an artist..

I’ve got a wall crying out for change
    .-= mijk´s last blog .. =-.

4. juliette commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:02am

dang – i was just about to go get stuff done and thought I’d see what this post was all about and I just got snagged on her website. Forcing myself to bookmark her vimeos for LATER enjoyment – love her blog! Thanks for the share!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Reveal: Pom Pom Trim =-.

5. My Owl Barn commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:20am

Good morning! What a great work to browse through with your morning tea. I visited her blog and love the ‘pile o wood’ art print very much.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Vintage Love =-.

6. YooLa commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:25am

Thank you for sharing, the art is wonderful and so beautifully arranged, im off to read her blog too :)
    cheers

7. frauheuberg commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 5:09am

oh holly,
    its a wonderful first “look in” for beginning the day…;)…an extraordinary artist…love her picture wall…now drink my green tea and I will enjoy her work on the blog…many thanks…;)
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..…surprise from vienna… =-.

8. thewhiteroom commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 5:35am

I love the internet for finds like this! It’s what video sites where invented for….

9. Hanna commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 5:45am

This is just so inspiring, makes me wanna stay inside and draw all day long! Thank you!
    .-= Hanna´s last blog ..När man vet hur man vill leva… =-.

10. Iva commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 6:26am

I want to live in her studio! It is just so inspiring! And she is such a wonderful artist too :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely: Doily News =-.

11. CoyleArt commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 7:27am

This woman is truly inspiring! My first introduction to her blog. I thought I was keeping myself busy with my art, but I have a pile of frames stacked and leaning on the wall that need to be hung. I need to get the hammer out – I love the way she arranges her framed work. I’ll take this as a nudge! Thanks for sharing.
    .-= CoyleArt´s last blog ..from the files =-.

12. Diana commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 7:45am

I love Geninne! She’s so talented and such a lovely person. I’m a regular reader of hers and whenever I see those studio shots I feel the urge to straighten mine up (so she’s a good influence, too). :-) So glad you’ve featured her here.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..365 Days in Colour =-.

13. Nancy commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 8:48am

What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing. Have you seen this site?
    I go here for both the music variety and for the art variety. It’s aesthetic can be a bit ‘comic book hero/villain’ but still a great way to watch artist work.

14. Jacqueline commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 9:37am

Gosh i adore this lovely blog! And oh yes she has such a gorgeous studio! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..How long has it been since you did a… =-.

15. victoria commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:19pm

hi holly! i interviewed and wrote an article about Geninne for issue #3 of the new Uppercase magazine! she’s so wonderful – you can order it from Uppercase now.

16. decor8 commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:23pm

Thank you Victoria for the link!

17. veda commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 10:32pm

oh holly! i love geninne’s work! simply mindblowing….and my god shes blessed to be in a home like that and what a studio space she has created for herself! every corner of her home shows how creative and neat she is !

otherwise hows europe treating you?
    .-= veda´s last blog ..Order for a Wedding Towel cake =-.

18. le giang commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 12:50am

That’s so cute and original. I love her works, and I love your blog so much. always<3

19. decor8 commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 2:57am

Hi Veda! Thank you for asking — you can read about my adventures and feelings about living in Europe here: http://www.hollymaus.blogspot.com — it’s my more “personal” blog where I write about my impressions and life as an expat. :)

20. Alex. commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 3:16am

I love Geninne’s artwork too. Have been addicted for ages. Her blog is charming as well! And I love finding someone else who is addicted to drawing birds ;)
    .-= Alex.´s last blog ..Drawing Hands =-.

21. Penny Patten commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 1:51pm

So very inspiring!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

22. Ana Lorena commented
    October 10th, 2009 at 3:13pm

What a nice blog! I loved Geninne’s artwork, the pictures of her studio and her tutorials.
    Very inspiring!!
    I might do some painting myself this weekend now :)
    Thank you!

23. jamie commented
    October 12th, 2010 at 8:24pm

I have been following Geninne’s Blog for quite some time. Her videos are a real treasure. She is so generous to give us these inspiring how-to videos. I am going to go visit her in February-can’t wait to see her studio in person!

24. silvana commented
    December 12th, 2010 at 1:09am

I love and have followed Geninne’s blog for years now…great inspirational ideas…Thx a bunch :O) xo