Arts + Crafts

Inspiring Art Videos

October 6, 2009

I noticed recently that artist Geninne Zlatkis, whom I’ve been following for several years now, has a series of art videos over at Vimeo sharing how she carves stamps, paints with white ink, and some of her watercolor techniques. I love this and wish more of my favorite artists would give online instruction a whirl because it’s so exciting to watch the process and feel as though I’m seated in the same room taking part in it all.

Inspiring Art Videos

Inspiring Art Videos

I think they’re very helpful and motivating, I love watching an artist at work so I’ve already viewed them all with my morning tea. I hope that you enjoy them! And to view more of Geninne’s art and learn about her work, you can visit her beautiful blog, Geninne’s Art Blog.

P.S. Don’t you just love her art studio and art wall?

(images: geninne zlatkis)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply a pretty trip October 6, 2009 at 3:27 am

Great find! Thanks Holly!

I love craft with a how-to.
    .-= a pretty trip´s last blog ..Knitted tea towels =-.

• Reply Kate MacAndrew October 6, 2009 at 3:31 am

I too love Geninne’s artwork and have followed her over on her blog for a few years now. I’m also lucky enough to own one of her prints! She is very talented lady and I will always aspire to have a study as beautiful as hers!

• Reply mijk October 6, 2009 at 3:38 am

I don’t think I loved a wall as much as i love this ever… And even better. It inspires instead of making me sad I am not a stylist nor an artist..

I’ve got a wall crying out for change
    .-= mijk´s last blog .. =-.

• Reply juliette October 6, 2009 at 4:02 am

dang – i was just about to go get stuff done and thought I’d see what this post was all about and I just got snagged on her website. Forcing myself to bookmark her vimeos for LATER enjoyment – love her blog! Thanks for the share!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Reveal: Pom Pom Trim =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn October 6, 2009 at 4:20 am

Good morning! What a great work to browse through with your morning tea. I visited her blog and love the ‘pile o wood’ art print very much.
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Vintage Love =-.

• Reply YooLa October 6, 2009 at 4:25 am

Thank you for sharing, the art is wonderful and so beautifully arranged, im off to read her blog too :)
    cheers

• Reply frauheuberg October 6, 2009 at 5:09 am

oh holly,
    its a wonderful first “look in” for beginning the day…;)…an extraordinary artist…love her picture wall…now drink my green tea and I will enjoy her work on the blog…many thanks…;)
    .-= frauheuberg´s last blog ..…surprise from vienna… =-.

• Reply thewhiteroom October 6, 2009 at 5:35 am

I love the internet for finds like this! It’s what video sites where invented for….

• Reply Hanna October 6, 2009 at 5:45 am

This is just so inspiring, makes me wanna stay inside and draw all day long! Thank you!
    .-= Hanna´s last blog ..När man vet hur man vill leva… =-.

• Reply Iva October 6, 2009 at 6:26 am

I want to live in her studio! It is just so inspiring! And she is such a wonderful artist too :)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely: Doily News =-.

• Reply CoyleArt October 6, 2009 at 7:27 am

This woman is truly inspiring! My first introduction to her blog. I thought I was keeping myself busy with my art, but I have a pile of frames stacked and leaning on the wall that need to be hung. I need to get the hammer out – I love the way she arranges her framed work. I’ll take this as a nudge! Thanks for sharing.
    .-= CoyleArt´s last blog ..from the files =-.

• Reply Diana October 6, 2009 at 7:45 am

I love Geninne! She’s so talented and such a lovely person. I’m a regular reader of hers and whenever I see those studio shots I feel the urge to straighten mine up (so she’s a good influence, too). :-) So glad you’ve featured her here.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..365 Days in Colour =-.

• Reply Nancy October 6, 2009 at 8:48 am

What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing. Have you seen this site?
    I go here for both the music variety and for the art variety. It’s aesthetic can be a bit ‘comic book hero/villain’ but still a great way to watch artist work.

• Reply Jacqueline October 6, 2009 at 9:37 am

Gosh i adore this lovely blog! And oh yes she has such a gorgeous studio! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..How long has it been since you did a… =-.

• Reply victoria October 6, 2009 at 12:19 pm

hi holly! i interviewed and wrote an article about Geninne for issue #3 of the new Uppercase magazine! she’s so wonderful – you can order it from Uppercase now.

• Reply decor8 October 6, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Thank you Victoria for the link!

• Reply veda October 6, 2009 at 10:32 pm

oh holly! i love geninne’s work! simply mindblowing….and my god shes blessed to be in a home like that and what a studio space she has created for herself! every corner of her home shows how creative and neat she is !

otherwise hows europe treating you?
    .-= veda´s last blog ..Order for a Wedding Towel cake =-.

• Reply decor8 October 7, 2009 at 2:57 am

Hi Veda! Thank you for asking — you can read about my adventures and feelings about living in Europe here: http://www.hollymaus.blogspot.com — it’s my more “personal” blog where I write about my impressions and life as an expat. :)

• Reply le giang October 7, 2009 at 12:50 am

That’s so cute and original. I love her works, and I love your blog so much. always<3

• Reply Alex. October 7, 2009 at 3:16 am

I love Geninne’s artwork too. Have been addicted for ages. Her blog is charming as well! And I love finding someone else who is addicted to drawing birds ;)
    .-= Alex.´s last blog ..Drawing Hands =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 7, 2009 at 1:51 pm

So very inspiring!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply Ana Lorena October 10, 2009 at 3:13 pm

What a nice blog! I loved Geninne’s artwork, the pictures of her studio and her tutorials.
    Very inspiring!!
    I might do some painting myself this weekend now :)
    Thank you!

• Reply jamie October 12, 2010 at 8:24 pm

I have been following Geninne’s Blog for quite some time. Her videos are a real treasure. She is so generous to give us these inspiring how-to videos. I am going to go visit her in February-can’t wait to see her studio in person!

• Reply silvana December 12, 2010 at 1:09 am

I love and have followed Geninne’s blog for years now…great inspirational ideas…Thx a bunch :O) xo