Books + Magazines

Jonathan Alder Dachshund Bookends

October 6, 2009

Barnes & Noble has these delicious little dachshund bookends designed by Jonathan Adler and I’m dying here because I cannot order them as they don’t ship outside of the U.S. – wahhhh! (update: Wait! I take that back! They will ship other things outside of books and videos. YAY!) I want these so badly for my books. Well those of you who are in America, you are the lucky ones… You can have this set of precious white resin bookends for under $40. Oh, I’m positively dying here. Want. These. Badly.

Jonathan Alder Dachshund Bookends

Look at the little tongue. Cute. Ness. And let me tell ya, I just know that pup is sticking his tongue as if to say, “nah nah nah nah you can’t have me!”. Little jerk! Rrrrrr.

(image: barnes & noble)

28 Comments

• Reply Penny October 6, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Oh no! I can’t have them either! Eeep! I want them!

• Reply alisa October 6, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Adorable! I love them! Wiener dogs + books rule.
    .-= alisa´s last blog ..Vintage oversized sunglasses. So cute! =-.

• Reply Jessie October 6, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Holly, I could get these and ship to you if you’d like!
    .-= Jessie´s last blog ..* =-.

• Reply decor8 October 6, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Jessie guess what!? They DO ship here and so I’ve ordered them. But thank you SO much! I thought they only shipped books/DVDs outside of the U.S. but I was wrong and noted that in the post. I’m so happy about this and cannot wait for them to arrive. Shipping is $17 to Germany and that also included the Bones Season 4 Collection on DVD – yay!!!

• Reply Casey October 6, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I’m a total doxie lover and those are seriously cute! My birthday is next week…I might have to make them a gift to myself!

• Reply Paper InStyle October 6, 2009 at 6:29 pm

ADORABLE :)
    .-= Paper InStyle´s last blog ..custom safari stationery. set of 10 =-.

• Reply flor October 6, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Ohhh, they’re so sweet!!

• Reply Chantal - luxxury livving October 6, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I must agree, they are pretty darn cute, and so happy you were able to order them :)
    .-= Chantal – luxxury livving´s last blog ..Channing End Table – Jonathan Adler =-.

• Reply Chelsey October 6, 2009 at 8:03 pm

LOVE these! They are so sweet…
    -chelsey

• Reply Alison Gibbs October 6, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Oh they are so cute – we used to have a daschund when I was l a ittle girl.
    Alison
    .-= Alison Gibbs´s last blog ..RHUBARB & MAIL ART =-.

• Reply samantha hahn October 6, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Adorable!!! Wish they had pitbull book ends.
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..Geometric Love =-.

• Reply leni October 6, 2009 at 11:11 pm

i love these!
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Mykonos =-.

• Reply Girlie October 6, 2009 at 11:20 pm

The bookends look so adorable! Classic yet stylish. They can make reading a whole lot of fun.

• Reply alexandra keller October 6, 2009 at 11:33 pm

ah! i was going to offer to ship them to you as well. glas you were able to order them. i know where i’m going tomorrow….i hope the local shop has them!

• Reply nicolezh October 7, 2009 at 1:54 am

Holly, you know that there is a small shop in Munich, where J. Adler is aviable?
    It is http://www.vonwilmowsky.com/
    Check if they have this particulair item and ship, otherwise I could be your personal shopper.

• Reply a pretty trip October 7, 2009 at 3:05 am

Love love love these! I might order them too, hopefully they ship to Australia.

• Reply Cookie Cutter October 7, 2009 at 6:11 am

Oh my, I can’t get the cute doggie out of my mind now.

• Reply Rachel October 7, 2009 at 6:13 am

heheheh, they are cuute!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Industtrees Presents: "The Royal Family" Gallery Showcase =-.

• Reply Sabrina October 7, 2009 at 8:02 am

Holly, as someone whose house is currently run by a dachshund, I can assure you the tongue is out to give about a billion kisses. It’s their favorite past-time!

• Reply layersofmeaning October 7, 2009 at 9:12 am

For only $39 ($35 if you are member)! That’s a great deal!

• Reply Marian October 7, 2009 at 9:19 am

thanks for this! i’ve been looking for an engagement present for my brother and his fiance and this is perfect!!!! i’ve already ordered. awesome find!

• Reply Lizzie October 7, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Hello – if you want goods from the US, try using myus(dot)com. Not free but worth it – they give you a US address and then forward the stuff to you

• Reply decor8 October 8, 2009 at 2:30 am

Lizzie – Thank you! My US, so to speak, is called: My Mom. :)

• Reply monica from hola!design October 7, 2009 at 10:27 pm

this is the cutest thing I;ve ever seen! I want it too!!!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Massimo Vignelli =-.

• Reply Nancy October 8, 2009 at 7:15 am

Love this, it’s adorable. But I would much prefer a real weiner dog. :)
    Thanks for posting xx
    .-= Nancy´s last blog ..Industrial couture =-.

• Reply jenny October 8, 2009 at 1:01 pm

gahhhhhh!!! my house is run by a dachshund too…. These are awesome!

• Reply Adrian October 8, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Oh My!! This is too much cuteness! We are a wiener dog family and I must have it. Love, love, love!

• Reply Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life March 16, 2010 at 2:11 pm

NOOO! So I just got my wallet out and headed over to B & N to buy these sweet little pups and they are out of stock! TEAR!
    .-= Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life´s last blog ..Reader Appreciation Day =-.