Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Wait until you see this whimsical apartment! First of all, Miss Michelle is such a sweetheart, she is always sharing links with me and I appreciate this so, so much! Today she sent over a link to the portfolio of Pimpelwit, stylist/textile designer Marieke van Proosdij, in the Netherlands I was like, can I get a what what!? This rocks! And after doing a little digging, I learned that Marieke is from Den Hague and does freelance styling work for magazines like VT Wonen. Nice! Here’s a glimpse of her lovely apartment below… Pay careful attention to all the little details…

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Don’t you dig that lampshade? Currently living in Amsterdam, Marieke is a genuine talent whose work really inspires and motivates me today. Maybe she’ll do the same for you, too. You can view some of her prop designs on her blog and Flickr stream. Have fun!

(images: John Dummer)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on October 06, 2009

1. Jen Singh commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:39pm

Adorable! I really dig that chandelier in the kitchen! Very inspiring
    .-= Jen Singh´s last blog ..Little starling…10 x 10 ballerina reproduction print =-.

2. Janet commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:50pm

loving the red sofa and polka dot chair….
    .-= Janet´s last blog ..I Wish My Initials Were BB =-.

3. Ashling commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 12:53pm

I just love the photographs over the bed and the hanging pom poms, they are so sweet!

All things nice….
    .-= Ashling´s last blog ..Some more things I like today… =-.

4. Jessica commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 1:13pm

I have the same cherub print and frame. We got it at a flea market in Germany 10ish years ago it’s so neat to see it in someone elses home.

5. laura trevey commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 1:21pm

the pom poms are too cute!!!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Container Garden, Watercolor Print by Laura Trevey, 9 by 12 =-.

6. lindsey commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 1:49pm

Love the pom poms hanging from the lamp. What a magical idea!

{ Lindsey }

7. michelle commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Did you just say “can I get a what what!?”, you’re awesome :)
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Blueberry Scones =-.

8. puglyfeet commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 2:36pm

love love love, especially the pom poms. :)

9. Kerstin commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 2:48pm

I like! Looking at the photos makes me want to work on my flat! It`s never ending!!!

10. decor8 commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 2:51pm

Michelle – Yes, I did. I was listening to old school r&b earlier today… A little Jay Z…

Bounce wit me, wit me, wit me wit me…

11. char commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:06pm

Wonderful!
    Char
    .-= char´s last blog ..The camera never lies… =-.

12. alexandra keller commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:16pm

i found her recently too! and i just love the pom poms – going to make some!
    .-= alexandra keller´s last blog ..salvage jewelry =-.

13. michelle commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Can I hit in the mornin without givin you half of my dough and even worse if I was broke would you WANT ME? And then……….. this is where I trail off because I don’t actually know the rest of the lyrics.

I’m having a bit of a pom pom moment lately (as Rachel Zoe would say) and am lovely that lamp. Such a cute idea.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Design Evolution Tumblr =-.

14. decor8 commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:20pm

Naw you can’t hit in the morning baby… :)
    Can I get a woop woop? Bounce with me, bounce with me…..

15. Deb@accessoryalamode commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:20pm

I love the picture line above the bed and the chandelier in the kitchen! Very inspiring. The pom poms on the lampshade are very cool too. :O)

16. Mandi commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:44pm

Wow, what a darling place! I love the color of the trim. Adds some color without being too overpowering. Basically, I love all of the colors everywhere. It’s so happy!
    .-= Mandi´s last blog ..Collaging again. =-.

17. Heather commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 5:11pm

Oh, she is fantastic. Little details are everything and often aren’t noticed. The colours are fabulous – so bold and fun. I have to investigate her further – maybe pick up a tip for myself as I’m a stylist too. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..My Problems of Late.. =-.

18. cindy commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 6:31pm

I am so inspired by the pom poms hanging from the lampshade. I know i made some before when I was younger, but I am going to make them tomorrow.

19. cindy commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 6:33pm

woops! and pom poms are a simple, inexpensive way to add color.
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..VIVA MEXICO 7 – DURANGO =-.

20. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 8:25pm

you two are so cute with your back and forth about Jay-z…:)
    What a colorful, warm and lovely home! I love it!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by a painting =-.

21. leni commented
    October 6th, 2009 at 11:10pm

that string of photos reminds me of my bedroom during grad school!
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Mykonos =-.

22. Michaela commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 12:44am

I like every detail from her styling! And yes, the lamp shade, wow..

23. sarathira commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 2:10am

beautifulllll, i love quirky interiors like thiss, not intimidating and so homey! loving the pattern and colour of the wallcoverings especiallyyyy!
    .-= sarathira´s last blog ..Fireworks On Eid! =-.

24. Greetz from pimpelwitstyling.blogspot.com commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 2:19am

Hello everyone!
    I was a bit surprised when I received an email from someone who spotted the pictures of my house on decor8. Thank you all so much for the nice comments! The pom pom idea I made last Christmas. I also put a whole lot in my Christmas tree instead of the usual ornaments. Hopefully I’m gonna make some new things for this year as well. The pictures are made by John Dummer and published in the magazines.

For the English reader please note there is a translation button on pimpelwit!

Big kiss from a very rainy Holland!

.-= Greetz from pimpelwitstyling.blogspot.com´s last blog ..gespot op de woonbeurs .2. =-.

25. decor8 commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 2:58am

Melissa de la Fuente – Well you can certainly throw in a verse or two.. he he. I love the line about shopping in the mall. It’s the best I think. :)

26. Rachel commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 4:23am

what a lovely home, i love the idea of the framed hanged in a line by clothepins! so cute! every room looks inviting=)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Industtrees Presents: "The Royal Family" Gallery Showcase =-.

27. Liane commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 5:25am

I love the sense of color. Thank you for letting me know about her!

28. Greetz from pimpelwitstyling.blogspot.com commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 5:28am

Thanks so much again for all the nice comments. Great to see there is a post about John Dummer as well!
    .-= Greetz from pimpelwitstyling.blogspot.com´s last blog ..decor8 thanks! =-.

29. Jennifer Squires Ross commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 6:34am

A very well done eclectic space, so inspiring! Thanks for sharing Holly! Any tips for how to pull it off without the space just looking messy?

30. Titi commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 9:10am

I love! I really dig that chandelier in the kitchen!
    Very inspiring, Titi

31. Penny Patten commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 1:28pm

What a fun home, thats how I like mine to feel! The colors, the art work, as well as the lamp shade!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

32. Dana commented
    October 7th, 2009 at 10:41pm

How colorful and cheerful! I love it!!
    .-= Dana´s last blog ..A Beautiful House Made By Girl =-.