Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

October 6, 2009

Wait until you see this whimsical apartment! First of all, Miss Michelle is such a sweetheart, she is always sharing links with me and I appreciate this so, so much! Today she sent over a link to the portfolio of Pimpelwit, stylist/textile designer Marieke van Proosdij, in the Netherlands I was like, can I get a what what!? This rocks! And after doing a little digging, I learned that Marieke is from Den Hague and does freelance styling work for magazines like VT Wonen. Nice! Here’s a glimpse of her lovely apartment below… Pay careful attention to all the little details…

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Stylist Marieke van Proosdij

Don’t you dig that lampshade? Currently living in Amsterdam, Marieke is a genuine talent whose work really inspires and motivates me today. Maybe she’ll do the same for you, too. You can view some of her prop designs on her blog and Flickr stream. Have fun!

(images: John Dummer)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Jen Singh October 6, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Adorable! I really dig that chandelier in the kitchen! Very inspiring
    .-= Jen Singh´s last blog ..Little starling…10 x 10 ballerina reproduction print =-.

• Reply Janet October 6, 2009 at 12:50 pm

loving the red sofa and polka dot chair….
    .-= Janet´s last blog ..I Wish My Initials Were BB =-.

• Reply Ashling October 6, 2009 at 12:53 pm

I just love the photographs over the bed and the hanging pom poms, they are so sweet!

All things nice….
    .-= Ashling´s last blog ..Some more things I like today… =-.

• Reply Jessica October 6, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I have the same cherub print and frame. We got it at a flea market in Germany 10ish years ago it’s so neat to see it in someone elses home.

• Reply laura trevey October 6, 2009 at 1:21 pm

the pom poms are too cute!!!!
    .-= laura trevey´s last blog ..Container Garden, Watercolor Print by Laura Trevey, 9 by 12 =-.

• Reply lindsey October 6, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Love the pom poms hanging from the lamp. What a magical idea!

{ Lindsey }

• Reply michelle October 6, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Did you just say “can I get a what what!?”, you’re awesome :)
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Blueberry Scones =-.

• Reply decor8 October 6, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Michelle – Yes, I did. I was listening to old school r&b earlier today… A little Jay Z…

Bounce wit me, wit me, wit me wit me…

• Reply puglyfeet October 6, 2009 at 2:36 pm

love love love, especially the pom poms. :)

• Reply Kerstin October 6, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I like! Looking at the photos makes me want to work on my flat! It`s never ending!!!

• Reply char October 6, 2009 at 3:06 pm

.-= char´s last blog ..The camera never lies… =-.

• Reply alexandra keller October 6, 2009 at 3:16 pm

i found her recently too! and i just love the pom poms – going to make some!
    .-= alexandra keller´s last blog ..salvage jewelry =-.

• Reply michelle October 6, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Can I hit in the mornin without givin you half of my dough and even worse if I was broke would you WANT ME? And then……….. this is where I trail off because I don’t actually know the rest of the lyrics.

I’m having a bit of a pom pom moment lately (as Rachel Zoe would say) and am lovely that lamp. Such a cute idea.
    .-= michelle´s last blog ..Design Evolution Tumblr =-.

• Reply decor8 October 6, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Naw you can’t hit in the morning baby… :)
      Can I get a woop woop? Bounce with me, bounce with me…..

• Reply Deb@accessoryalamode October 6, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I love the picture line above the bed and the chandelier in the kitchen! Very inspiring. The pom poms on the lampshade are very cool too. :O)

• Reply Mandi October 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Wow, what a darling place! I love the color of the trim. Adds some color without being too overpowering. Basically, I love all of the colors everywhere. It’s so happy!
    .-= Mandi´s last blog ..Collaging again. =-.

• Reply Heather October 6, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Oh, she is fantastic. Little details are everything and often aren’t noticed. The colours are fabulous – so bold and fun. I have to investigate her further – maybe pick up a tip for myself as I’m a stylist too. Thanks for sharing.
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..My Problems of Late.. =-.

• Reply cindy October 6, 2009 at 6:31 pm

I am so inspired by the pom poms hanging from the lampshade. I know i made some before when I was younger, but I am going to make them tomorrow.

• Reply cindy October 6, 2009 at 6:33 pm

woops! and pom poms are a simple, inexpensive way to add color.
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..VIVA MEXICO 7 – DURANGO =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 6, 2009 at 8:25 pm

you two are so cute with your back and forth about Jay-z…:)
    What a colorful, warm and lovely home! I love it!
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: inspired by a painting =-.

• Reply decor8 October 7, 2009 at 2:58 am

Melissa de la Fuente – Well you can certainly throw in a verse or two.. he he. I love the line about shopping in the mall. It’s the best I think. :)

• Reply leni October 6, 2009 at 11:10 pm

that string of photos reminds me of my bedroom during grad school!
    .-= leni´s last blog ..Mykonos =-.

• Reply Michaela October 7, 2009 at 12:44 am

I like every detail from her styling! And yes, the lamp shade, wow..

• Reply sarathira October 7, 2009 at 2:10 am

beautifulllll, i love quirky interiors like thiss, not intimidating and so homey! loving the pattern and colour of the wallcoverings especiallyyyy!
    .-= sarathira´s last blog ..Fireworks On Eid! =-.

• Reply Greetz from October 7, 2009 at 2:19 am

Hello everyone!
    I was a bit surprised when I received an email from someone who spotted the pictures of my house on decor8. Thank you all so much for the nice comments! The pom pom idea I made last Christmas. I also put a whole lot in my Christmas tree instead of the usual ornaments. Hopefully I’m gonna make some new things for this year as well. The pictures are made by John Dummer and published in the magazines.

For the English reader please note there is a translation button on pimpelwit!

Big kiss from a very rainy Holland!

.-= Greetz from´s last blog ..gespot op de woonbeurs .2. =-.

• Reply Rachel October 7, 2009 at 4:23 am

what a lovely home, i love the idea of the framed hanged in a line by clothepins! so cute! every room looks inviting=)
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Industtrees Presents: "The Royal Family" Gallery Showcase =-.

• Reply Liane October 7, 2009 at 5:25 am

I love the sense of color. Thank you for letting me know about her!

• Reply Greetz from October 7, 2009 at 5:28 am

Thanks so much again for all the nice comments. Great to see there is a post about John Dummer as well!
    .-= Greetz from´s last blog ..decor8 thanks! =-.

• Reply Jennifer Squires Ross October 7, 2009 at 6:34 am

A very well done eclectic space, so inspiring! Thanks for sharing Holly! Any tips for how to pull it off without the space just looking messy?

• Reply Titi October 7, 2009 at 9:10 am

I love! I really dig that chandelier in the kitchen!
    Very inspiring, Titi

• Reply Penny Patten October 7, 2009 at 1:28 pm

What a fun home, thats how I like mine to feel! The colors, the art work, as well as the lamp shade!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply Dana October 7, 2009 at 10:41 pm

How colorful and cheerful! I love it!!
    .-= Dana´s last blog ..A Beautiful House Made By Girl =-.