Inspiration

Yvonne Bakker Styling

October 7, 2009

The more I read portfolios, the more amazing people I’m discovering today. I’ve spent so much time this afternoon reading – it’s exciting to find so many wonderfully talented people out there and here in Europe there are tons that I am just learning about. Though I love receive submissions via email, I make sure I don’t only post what is being sent to me, rather I’m blogging about things I’m doing the legwork to find on my own because there are so many artists and designers who are shy and do not write to me (or any blog or magazine) so if I didn’t do all of this digging I may not come upon them otherwise. Like for instance, interior and food stylist Yvonne Bakker.

Yvonne Bakker Styling

I’d not heard of Yvonne before as her work has been in magazines that I don’t regularly read (though now that I’m in Germany I want to subscribe to VT Wonen for sure!) but I’m so glad her name popped up because I’d like to talk about her for just a moment if you don’t mind. :) She lives in the Netherlands and has been working as a stylist for quite some time now, her portfolio includes VT Wonen, Eigen Huis & Interieur, Elle Wonen, At Home and more. Because of her diverse clients, her work spans a rather broad range of styles from classic interiors to country, modern and eclectic.

Yvonne Bakker Styling

Yvonne Bakker Styling

Don’t you want to run home and redecorate your entire flat now? It’s so motivating to see beautiful spaces that are full of creative ideas, isn’t it? And we owe it to stylists like Yvonne for giving us their inspiring, artistic impressions and bringing all of these creative ways of enhancing a space to us through the pages of some of our favorite magazines.

(photography: John Dummer)

16 Comments

• Reply Yvonne October 7, 2009 at 12:57 pm

How lovely to see Coenraad’s house on your blog. He’s a friend of us :o) He’s beautiful house is 15 minutes away from here, I’ll take you when you’re here to visit. Second picture last 2 photo’s :o)
    .-= Yvonne´s last blog ..Dry Chicken and Pea Risotto =-.

• Reply decor8 October 7, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Yvonne – this is very cool! Sure, this would be great. :)

• Reply juliette October 7, 2009 at 1:24 pm

wow – really loving that last set of pics – yes, now I want to go change everything. but now i’m going back to editing…bye bye break!
    .-= juliette´s last blog ..Sewing: A Little Girl’s Bag =-.

• Reply Nicole October 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Here’s another super lifestyle photographer for you to peruse. I went to school with him! http://www.billkingston.co.uk/

• Reply decor8 October 7, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Thank you Nicole, I’ll check him out. :)

• Reply Chelsey October 7, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Oh, its so my style! I love it all!
    -chelsey
    .-= Chelsey´s last blog ..foodie . pie in a jar gift! =-.

• Reply Isabelle October 7, 2009 at 1:53 pm

We are in the process of buying a small bungalow – our retirement home, the date for it to complete is on Monday.

We are having some structural work done and then our intention is to paint it all white and live in it until we get more of an idea of what we really want.

Your blog and those you feature have been a real inspiration as to what we can do.

• Reply fat mum slim October 7, 2009 at 1:57 pm

I could move right into this house, VERY easily. I love it.

The only thing is, my husband wouldn’t come with me. :P
    .-= fat mum slim´s last blog ..Twenty Questions. =-.

• Reply megmanionsilliker October 7, 2009 at 2:06 pm

yes yes and yes! i must start re-decorating immediately. so beautiful and refreshing. great inspiration as always.

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter October 7, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Food styling is so magical. Unfortunately, every time I make something, I hold it up to the beautiful photos I’ve seen and it always falls a bit flat;-)

oh well, at least I have images like this to keep me content!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Love, Loss and What You wore? =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 7, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Wow, nice find!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply foofoogal October 7, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I love lots of color and have just finished painting every room a different color.
    The green bedroom above is delicious. foo.

• Reply monica from hola!design October 7, 2009 at 10:25 pm

lovely! and what agreat job: a stylist! i truly adore the second picture with the green walls. Im just obsessed with it!
    .-= monica from hola!design´s last blog ..Massimo Vignelli =-.

• Reply Zarnigar October 8, 2009 at 1:26 am

woow a great collection of unique styles …… each n every room is looking just awesome ..hey decor8…. my self a student of interior design and i love to read your blogs, i ve got lots of creative ideas through ur blogs and stylish collections

• Reply AscenderRisesAbove October 8, 2009 at 7:03 am

a room of paint by number; that is so much fun

• Reply jan marie November 25, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Yvonne Bakker does some beautiful work. I was trying to find documentation of her work since I saw that she designed the interior of a house I stayed in as a guest (long ago) in NL. In fact, the photo of the woman’s hands with gloriously large rings is the owner of the house — a stained glass artist in Venlo. She was a textile artist when I knew her. Beautiful work also!