Arts + Crafts

Envelop: Print On Demand

October 9, 2009

This is quite a neat concept, so illustrators take notice! Serge Belmans, the man behind Envelop, just launched an online print-on-demand platform based out of Belgium where independent illustrators can create, promote and sell high quality cotton basics to textile lovers worldwide. Collections currently include tabletop linens, kitchen products, aprons, bags and pillow covers. Here’s a peek at what’s currently available…

Envelop: Print On Demand

Envelop: Print On Demand

Envelop: Print On Demand

Currently, there are 45 designers represented including Alli Coate (US), Julia Pott (UK), Kerozen (FR), Bart Aalbers (NL), Gemma Correll (UK), Cosimo Piediscalzi (IT), Maxime Francout (CA) and Marie Blanchard (FR). Truly a global community creating together! I’m really happy to see this creative idea turn into a new platform for illustrators and wish Serge all the best with it!

(images: envelop)

32 Comments

• Reply Kate October 9, 2009 at 11:56 am

I love the concept, I think I’m going to have to head straight over there :) Thank you for sharing it!

• Reply Marilyn Patrizio October 9, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Awesome! I would love to make a custom oven mitt! So exciting.

• Reply Lucy Loves Fabric October 9, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Hi Holly!

This is great, and a coincedence! I’ve recently been chatting to a talented illustrator and we have been talking about these kinds of ideas so I’ll pass this on to her.

We can always rely on you finding what we need!

Thanks!

Lucy
    x
    .-= Lucy Loves Fabric´s last blog ..New Inspiration: New Illustrator =-.

• Reply Bess October 9, 2009 at 12:42 pm

What a fabulous find! I just signed up for the site and am so excited to see what’s possible for my own designs. This is a wonderful resource and the work they are currently featuring is great too. Thanks for sharing :)
    .-= Bess´s last blog ..Halloween =-.

• Reply jen October 9, 2009 at 12:48 pm

WOW!!! some amazing talent there! hoping they ship to the US

• Reply Sami October 9, 2009 at 1:53 pm

How neat! This brings to mind a few similar services: Blurb (for books), Spoonflower (for fabric) and Ponoko (for a variety of things).

The internet is so cool. :)
    .-= Sami´s last blog ..Circles, circles – Everywhere. 100 – plus 2-inch perfectly punched CIRCLES =-.

• Reply Erika - 2byDesign October 9, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Who knew I desired my oven mits to be so stylish?? And, I must make that tote mine immediately. So much for curbing my spending this month!

• Reply Ana Sol October 9, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Hi,

I want to buy something.
    I live in Brazil.

Thanks,
    Ana Sol

• Reply My Owl Barn October 9, 2009 at 3:53 pm

That is indeed an amazing concept. I love all the illustration, and they have an owl too :)
    .-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Reading Is A Hoot! =-.

• Reply annechovie October 9, 2009 at 4:03 pm

What a terrific concept. Thanks for always exposing us to the latest and greatest, Holly. I am going to check this out, pronto. Have a great weekend!
    .-= annechovie´s last blog ..EVER FEEL THIS WAY? =-.

• Reply Steph Bond @ Bondville October 9, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I love this! So great to have more options for illustrators/designers than Cafe Press and it’s great to see some of the other online print-on-demand services that Sami mentions above. What a wonderful way to showcase emerging artists and bring more art to the public.
    .-= Steph Bond @ Bondville´s last blog ..Hip Products: Rebecca Ward Jewellery =-.

• Reply samantha hahn October 9, 2009 at 5:09 pm

oh wow……
    really exciting!
    .-= samantha hahn´s last blog ..FREE downloadable Halloween cards for you! =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 9, 2009 at 6:08 pm

How incredibly exciting! I can’t wait to check it out!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Nice package! =-.

• Reply shay October 9, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Thank You Holly !! Great find Brilliant idea.
    Happy Autumn.
    Shay

• Reply Uncle Beefy October 9, 2009 at 8:23 pm

LOVE this idea, Miss Holly! I just think it’s so fantastic the platforms that are being developed for artists to expand their commercial possibilities. I wish them all tremendous success and grand kudos to Serge! Brilliant!

Heading over right now! Woosh……..
    .-= Uncle Beefy´s last blog ..Still In Your Silence =-.

• Reply Wedding Chicks October 9, 2009 at 8:24 pm

great pillow covers!!! the colors and illustrations are so fun!

• Reply Leigh October 10, 2009 at 1:34 am

This is fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing so excited to check it out :)

• Reply Sheena October 10, 2009 at 9:53 am

Ohhh man! I absolutely L.O.V.E. these prints!!!!

• Reply Lauren October 10, 2009 at 1:22 pm

This is so awesome! I’ve been thinking about all the steps I’d have to go through to produce products with my illustrations on them and now Envelop has taken all the work out of it and made it easy. Thanks so much for sharing that site!
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..Octopus Parlour does earrings! =-.

• Reply Penny Patten October 10, 2009 at 2:44 pm

The pillows are fantastic!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Aprons and Bags =-.

• Reply miss bicyclette October 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm

What a great concept, I love seeing collaborative design and this is such a great way for illustrators to get there work out there.

I look forward to seeing what comes next!
    .-= miss bicyclette´s last blog ..a web of my own =-.

• Reply Patricia Shea October 10, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Hi and many thanks for this posting, I didn’t know about Envelop but really like the looks of their products, how nice they are geared towards home decor as opposed to the usual apparel…heading over there right now to sign up and start designing. Cheers!!
    .-= Patricia Shea´s last blog ..Maine’s fall colours courtesy of Mother Nature =-.

• Reply Manuela October 11, 2009 at 3:32 am

this is a great initiative! i’ll try to contact them… i hope they will be interested in my illustrations :)
    .-= Manuela´s last blog ..Christmas Elves Limited Edition =-.

• Reply Melanie October 11, 2009 at 9:54 am

Oh! That sounds like a great concept, and all of those items are definant eye pleasers!
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..greetings. :] =-.

• Reply Megan October 11, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I like that apron!
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..My Watercolours =-.

• Reply pmpreciousm October 11, 2009 at 9:38 pm

I love the concept and the designs! Thanks for sharing! I got to check this out!

• Reply maria1975 October 11, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Such a great idea! I really love the apron & owl pillow :)

• Reply Jacqueline October 12, 2009 at 1:28 am

Oh wow these are soo cute and cool! Off to check it out! Hope you had a good weekend! Love to you!
    .-= Jacqueline´s last blog ..lazy daisy =-.

• Reply susy October 15, 2009 at 10:38 am

Wow! That’s really cool. Such a great idea. I hope they branch to the USA! : )

• Reply Bart Aalbers October 20, 2009 at 6:31 am

Good to see such positive reactions on the Envelop project! And fun to see my bearded friend pillow and tote bag up here as well!

• Reply Ashleigh February 4, 2010 at 8:30 am

It’s fab to see how popular Envelop is becoming! I joined up when there were less than 20 designers, now there are well over 100! :O I had a few problems uploading my designs but the lovely people over at Envelop were so helpful and even sent me some samples of my products, free of charge!!

P.S. Thanks for featuring my design – it’s the napkin on the right of the top row! :)

aX
    .-= Ashleigh´s last blog ..Twitter =-.

• Reply IlsePhilips October 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Hi, I also signed up for envelop and I must say, it’s running pretty well. I sold several designs to several countries. I hope some magazines will pick this up ….