uncategorized

Bogdan Kosak Ceramics

October 12, 2009

Bogdan Kosak is a ceramicist from Poland that I recently discovered and I felt really drawn to his work because it’s so delicate and precious, and I love how he uses gold as an accent on some of his pieces. I also enjoy how he uses texture here and there, too. Bodgan also takes discarded ceramics and, adding fillers and baking a second time around, he is able to form something completely new. Brilliant, he is really talented!

Bogdan Kosak Ceramics

It’s organic but also technical, if that is even a good way to describe it… but it’s what comes to mind when I examine his body of work. Here, see for yourself and tell me what you think. I can’t stop looking at the porcelain doilies, I would love several of these to hang on clear cord and hang in my kitchen window (at various lengths) this winter!

Psst: He will be exhibiting at the Lodz Design Festival 2009 in Lodz, Poland beginning on Oct. 15 along with many other artists and designers I’d not heard of before — definitely check out the Lodz Design Festival website for more information! Also at this fest will be Peike Bergmans from the Netherlands (amazing lightbulbs) and Pudelskern from Austria with their knitted lights.

(images: bogdan kosak ceramics)

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply heather smith jones October 12, 2009 at 4:22 pm

I’m really drawn to those porcelain doilies too, simply beautiful!
    .-= heather smith jones´s last blog ..Gathering & drawing =-.

• Reply Travelingmama October 12, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Ok, so normally I think of doilies and I think of OLD ladies, but those are SO not old lady! They are beautiful and modern!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..His {Faces} =-.

• Reply Megan October 12, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Such a awesome idea. Doilies have come of age!
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Seeing Pink For a Cause =-.

• Reply Tai Danforth October 12, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Thank you for sharing this artist, absolutely stunning and would love to get my hands on some of his work.

• Reply Séverine October 13, 2009 at 1:57 am

The doilies are a dream comme true for me !!
    Beautiful work !
    .-= Séverine ´s last blog ..Histoires =-.

• Reply visualingual October 13, 2009 at 7:58 am

Breathtaking! I’m not normally a fan of doilies either, but his are amazing. If you like those, you might appreciate a recent project that my studio did — we took discarded gas station price numbers and upcycled them into placemats by screenprinting a doily design on top. Check them out here.
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Set of 4 Grandma’s Doily Gas Station Price Placemats =-.

• Reply cate October 13, 2009 at 8:18 am

well, it’s all so pretty, but the doilies are the most beautiful. i love that they are simple white and so delicate looking but also intricate. when are his designs coming to america?
    .-= cate´s last blog ..Applesauce Cake and ANOTHER Giveaway =-.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 13, 2009 at 8:18 am

Beautiful……how wonderful would those doilies be covering a wall? Just lovely!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: An east coast baby shower =-.

• Reply Lydia, Clueless Crafter October 13, 2009 at 8:21 am

The intersection between textile and ceramic is breathtaking!

I’ve got to get to Poland;-)
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Falling for Folly Cove Design =-.

• Reply Kathi @ allthingswhite October 13, 2009 at 8:23 am

This is just amazing !!! I would love to have it all !
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Pumpkin Pillow =-.

• Reply fabframes October 13, 2009 at 11:08 am

These are all so lovely! I’m in agreement about the beautiful doilies, and I also really like the doily placemats linked in Comment #6. Doilies are certainly an interesting point of departure for so many creative projects!
    .-= fabframes´s last blog ..Anniversay Sale at Fabulous Frames & Art =-.

• Reply Lotta Agaton October 13, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I love this, a bit like Jamie Hayons playfulness…this ceramics and the wooden floor really makes me want to go to that Lodz Design Festival!!