Bogdan Kosak Ceramics

Bogdan Kosak is a ceramicist from Poland that I recently discovered and I felt really drawn to his work because it’s so delicate and precious, and I love how he uses gold as an accent on some of his pieces. I also enjoy how he uses texture here and there, too. Bodgan also takes discarded ceramics and, adding fillers and baking a second time around, he is able to form something completely new. Brilliant, he is really talented!

Bogdan Kosak Ceramics

It’s organic but also technical, if that is even a good way to describe it… but it’s what comes to mind when I examine his body of work. Here, see for yourself and tell me what you think. I can’t stop looking at the porcelain doilies, I would love several of these to hang on clear cord and hang in my kitchen window (at various lengths) this winter!

Psst: He will be exhibiting at the Lodz Design Festival 2009 in Lodz, Poland beginning on Oct. 15 along with many other artists and designers I’d not heard of before — definitely check out the Lodz Design Festival website for more information! Also at this fest will be Peike Bergmans from the Netherlands (amazing lightbulbs) and Pudelskern from Austria with their knitted lights.

(images: bogdan kosak ceramics)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on October 12, 2009

1. heather smith jones commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 4:22pm

I’m really drawn to those porcelain doilies too, simply beautiful!
    .-= heather smith jones´s last blog ..Gathering & drawing =-.

2. Travelingmama commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 5:38pm

Ok, so normally I think of doilies and I think of OLD ladies, but those are SO not old lady! They are beautiful and modern!
    .-= Travelingmama´s last blog ..His {Faces} =-.

3. Megan commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 6:07pm

Such a awesome idea. Doilies have come of age!
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Seeing Pink For a Cause =-.

4. Tai Danforth commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 10:37pm

Thank you for sharing this artist, absolutely stunning and would love to get my hands on some of his work.

5. Séverine commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 1:57am

The doilies are a dream comme true for me !!
    Beautiful work !
    .-= Séverine ´s last blog ..Histoires =-.

6. visualingual commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 7:58am

Breathtaking! I’m not normally a fan of doilies either, but his are amazing. If you like those, you might appreciate a recent project that my studio did — we took discarded gas station price numbers and upcycled them into placemats by screenprinting a doily design on top. Check them out here.
    .-= visualingual´s last blog ..Set of 4 Grandma’s Doily Gas Station Price Placemats =-.

7. cate commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 8:18am

well, it’s all so pretty, but the doilies are the most beautiful. i love that they are simple white and so delicate looking but also intricate. when are his designs coming to america?
    .-= cate´s last blog ..Applesauce Cake and ANOTHER Giveaway =-.

8. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 8:18am

Beautiful……how wonderful would those doilies be covering a wall? Just lovely!
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Cheap & Chic: An east coast baby shower =-.

9. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 8:21am

The intersection between textile and ceramic is breathtaking!

I’ve got to get to Poland;-)
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Falling for Folly Cove Design =-.

10. Kathi @ allthingswhite commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 8:23am

This is just amazing !!! I would love to have it all !
    .-= Kathi @ allthingswhite´s last blog ..Pumpkin Pillow =-.

11. fabframes commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 11:08am

These are all so lovely! I’m in agreement about the beautiful doilies, and I also really like the doily placemats linked in Comment #6. Doilies are certainly an interesting point of departure for so many creative projects!
    .-= fabframes´s last blog ..Anniversay Sale at Fabulous Frames & Art =-.

12. Lotta Agaton commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 3:25pm

I love this, a bit like Jamie Hayons playfulness…this ceramics and the wooden floor really makes me want to go to that Lodz Design Festival!!