Limited Edition Egg Chairs

Sci-fi fans and design geeks unite! This limited edition egg chair just released by Irish design company Lost Weekend. They have partnered with Fritz Hansen to create 42 exclusive Fritz Hansen Egg Chairs… and I want one! :) If you know Douglas Adam’s classic, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” then you must know that this marks the 30th year anniversary and well the number 42… this is THE answer to all the questions in the universe, right?

Limited Edition Egg Chairs

Isn’t this fun? What a beautiful chair. I love the stitchwork on the back…. Gorgeous. I’ve always wanted an egg chair, and there’s no chance of me getting one of these, but oh this is soooo nice.

(images: lost weekend)

Posted by decor8 in furniture on October 12, 2009

1. At Home with Kim Vallee commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 3:59pm

This may be the way to convince my husband to get for Christmas an egg chair (a girl can always dream). He is a huge sci-fi fan. Yes, we watched The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
    .-= At Home with Kim Vallee´s last blog ..Happy Thanksgiving! =-.

2. Kiran commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 4:03pm

I’ve never read or seen an egg chair before. This is so cute!!!!!!!!
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Travelogue Part 5 – The return =-.

3. Jessie commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 10:41pm

That chair is amazing!!
    It’s the perfect amount of color splash to balance out all that white.
    It’s too bad it’s so limited… we can dream, though, right?

4. Zarnigar commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 2:47am

woow its so nice chair …… it gives a great look to me i surely wanna have it … the art on the back of the egg chair is flawless

5. Iva commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 6:08am

it is lovely! who doesn’t love the egg chair? :)
    I like the previous edition too – dark brown leather, I’ve written on my blog about it, but this one is lovely for a more cheerful bright apartment:)
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Addicted to Lace =-.

6. Kimberly commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 1:55pm

That is incredible! You always find the most interesting, unique items!
    .-= Kimberly´s last blog ..Reminiscing =-.

7. Genelle commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 12:21am

No, 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. The question is unknown.

As for the chair, the back is nice but the cow print (skin?) cushion seems out of place.

8. Genelle commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 12:21am

9. Peter Catalan commented
    October 17th, 2009 at 4:07pm

What a fantastic design on the back. I would love to meet the artist.

10. Declan commented
    October 26th, 2009 at 10:26am

Hi all,

Really enjoy the comments. I’m own Lost Weekend with my wife Emily who designed the Hitchhikers Egg. I’d love to meet any of you who are interested in the chair and its design. FYI, the cowhide seat is a nod to the quadruped Dish of the Day,the Ameglian Major Cow, a Ruminant specifically bred to not only have the desire to be eaten, but to be capable of saying so quite clearly and distinctly. Very Hitchhikers!!

I’ll be in San Francisco on Wednesday next at KEPLER’S

Inform Interiors
    50 Water Street
    Vancouver BC
    Canada V6B 1A4
    Store Hours
    Monday – Saturday: 10am to 6pm

Come along and we can have a cup of tea and a chat!

Declan

PS, Great work Holly!

11. David commented
    June 24th, 2013 at 12:25pm

This would be ideal as my ‘inspiration chair’.

12. Interior Design commented
    September 20th, 2013 at 4:32pm

It’s funny how items that you once though of disposing of years ago are new the chic items to have.