Oh My Deer! DIY

I love it when you’ve read a blog post here and are thoughtful and felt inspired by it enough to contact me sharing something related… Like today what Marianne from Noces de Coton in France contacted me (thanks, Marianne!) after reading this post about how I make my home cozy for fall. She left a link to a project she tried at home to give her space a more seasonal feel. It’s lovely! Here is what she does to warm up her home for fall…

Oh My Deer! DIY

I’ve given my living-room a Fall look with pillows, scented candles – I have one that smells like wood fire! Almost as if we had a fireplace in the room! And blankets, and also with a little super simple piece of DIY art with a deer head shape in a fake wood vinyl paper on a canvas. You can check it out here. Hope U like it!

Yes Marianne, I like it very much!

Marianne’s deer DIY was crafted simply by cutting a deer silhouette using faux bois vinyl sticky paper (like the kind you use to line drawers) and by painting the surface (not sure if it’s wood or canvas but I’m guessing wood would be the best choice as it’s smooth and bump-free) with gray Farrow & Ball paint – N°91. Easy and beautiful!

(images: noces de coton)

Posted by decor8 in diy on October 12, 2009

1. Eternamente Flaneur commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 1:15pm

Very good idea!!! I like it very much!!

.-= Eternamente Flaneur´s last blog ..Tu propio Andy Warhol =-.

2. viv commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 2:39pm

what a simple and great idea!
    .-= viv´s last blog ..Frederic the Bat =-.

3. k*smith commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 3:51pm

I love the simplicity!

4. Lydia, Clueless Crafter commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 3:58pm

fabulous way to bring in the holidays without being kitschy.

out with the stuffed reindeer and iron-on santa sweaters!
    .-= Lydia, Clueless Crafter´s last blog ..Curate to Differentiate? =-.

5. Jane commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 4:00pm

Who would have thought that hideous faux wood vinyl paper could be put to such good use. ? Looks fantastic. Very Scandinavian.
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Old Ladies to admire and a Ghost Story =-.

6. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 12th, 2009 at 4:53pm

SO sweet and such a great idea! I adore the fake wood contact paper and have a roll in my closet! Yippee! Off to make something perhaps….
    xo
    Melis
    .-= Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog ..Monday: warm and beautiful…. =-.

7. Penny Patten commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 10:00am

Fun idea!
    .-= Penny Patten´s last blog ..Fall Foliage a long with a couple of Deer =-.

8. Kiran commented
    October 13th, 2009 at 11:24pm

Great ideas, simple yet affordable. Love the DIY technique. Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Kiran´s last blog ..Guess Glow Candy =-.