Si Lolita Parfum

I felt intrigued when my husband called me into his office today to share a video that he thought I’d really love. I wasn’t sure what it would be. But did my eyes widen when he shared not one, but two videos for Si Lolita parfum. You can watch them along with me if you’d like. But first, please view the “making of” the video here and then afterwards, watch the final video that is the advertisement running on tv currently in France.

Si Lolita

It is the new Si Lolita parfum and I just love the whole handmade feel — so many models built and intricately painted, flea markets sourced for inspiration that the designers relied upon… Oh it’s just so magical. I wish the behind-the-scenes footage lasted a wee bit longer, I would have loved to have learned more about the production. :) It’s Dali meets Coraline meets Tim Burton. So, so magical. Enjoy!

(images: si lolita)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on October 15, 2009

1. carrie @ bloomacious commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 2:04pm

nice – what a work of art!
    .-= carrie @ bloomacious´s last blog ..Jonathan Adler’s Got Color and New Scents =-.

2. Jessica commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 2:23pm

Wow–magical indeed! Thanks for sharing these–and it’s just plain inspiring that he knows you so well, too.

3. chiaroscuro commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 2:30pm

this is so inspirational – thanks for sharing!

4. Melissa Allam commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 3:01pm

This is so beautiful. I love the intricately made miniature set. Thanks for sharing this.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Thursdays Creative Thrift =-.

5. Leyla commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 5:11pm

Oh my… This was just so magical, feminine and beautiful! I love all the intricate work and attention to detail from the entire team…. Lovely!

The ad really worked… I actually want to go an buy the perfume now =)
    .-= Leyla´s last blog ..How To Decorate Shelves & Bookcases in 6 Easy Steps =-.

6. Katherine aka. Urban Flea commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 5:14pm

le sigh… What is it with the French and beauty? I want to jump through the screen into that commercial, stat. Thanks for sharing!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)

.-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..interior inspiration/blog love: dos family =-.

7. My Owl Barn commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 5:16pm

I enjoyed both the videos. But behind the scenes was fun really fun. That miniature lamp and window frame transported me to a fantasy world. The model seems to be having a great time :)

8. My Owl Barn commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 5:17pm

.-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Found My Sunshine =-.

9. meagan commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 5:40pm

I can’t believe how much work goes into it, for 30 seconds worth of television!

10. Lisa commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 6:01pm

Thanks for passing those along – Making those models looks like heaven and sparks so many ideas – eeeeee, I think my head is spinning a little.

I passed them on to my boyfriend who is a professional model maker/fabricator, too.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Printing Block/Plate? =-.

11. Christine Villacarlos commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 6:22pm

thank you so much for sharing these. love love love them!

12. Tina commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 6:38pm

I’m in love with the room and everything in it.I could totally live there!
    V inspiring,Holly!
    Tina
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Influenza and Sparkle? =-.

13. Iva commented
    October 15th, 2009 at 11:32pm

I honestly find the making of even more interesting than the final video:) it is very creative and inspirational, thanks for sharing!
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely =-.

14. decor8 commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 2:15am

Meagan I was thinking the same thing – I wish the making of part was longer – I want to see more!!!!

15. Juana @ SweetVisualAids commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 4:08am

really magical ad! i was in the marche aux puces this summer and it was inspiring! thx for sharing!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..We love cookies! =-.

16. hippyxic commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 4:13pm

so, so, magical****a reve….thank you so much for the inspiration…i think i am going to try to do a mirror “like that one “…. ;)

17. Shelley M commented
    October 16th, 2009 at 6:21pm

Oh my. That was wonderful thank you so much!

18. lemelimelodeval commented
    October 18th, 2009 at 12:26pm

Thanks for sharing, nice decor.
    I’m so fan of the cover version of Vanessa Paradis of the song “le tourbillon” from Jules & Jim film, in the making of video.

19. Penny Patten commented
    October 18th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Very lovely, I watched it a couple of times. That Flea Market looks wonderful!