Si Lolita Parfum

October 15, 2009

I felt intrigued when my husband called me into his office today to share a video that he thought I’d really love. I wasn’t sure what it would be. But did my eyes widen when he shared not one, but two videos for Si Lolita parfum. You can watch them along with me if you’d like. But first, please view the “making of” the video here and then afterwards, watch the final video that is the advertisement running on tv currently in France.

Si Lolita Parfum

It is the new Si Lolita parfum and I just love the whole handmade feel — so many models built and intricately painted, flea markets sourced for inspiration that the designers relied upon… Oh it’s just so magical. I wish the behind-the-scenes footage lasted a wee bit longer, I would have loved to have learned more about the production. :) It’s Dali meets Coraline meets Tim Burton. So, so magical. Enjoy!

(images: si lolita)

You Might Also Like

• Reply carrie @ bloomacious October 15, 2009 at 2:04 pm

nice – what a work of art!
    .-= carrie @ bloomacious´s last blog ..Jonathan Adler’s Got Color and New Scents =-.

• Reply Jessica October 15, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Wow–magical indeed! Thanks for sharing these–and it’s just plain inspiring that he knows you so well, too.

• Reply chiaroscuro October 15, 2009 at 2:30 pm

this is so inspirational – thanks for sharing!

• Reply Melissa Allam October 15, 2009 at 3:01 pm

This is so beautiful. I love the intricately made miniature set. Thanks for sharing this.
    .-= Melissa Allam´s last blog ..Thursdays Creative Thrift =-.

• Reply Leyla October 15, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Oh my… This was just so magical, feminine and beautiful! I love all the intricate work and attention to detail from the entire team…. Lovely!

The ad really worked… I actually want to go an buy the perfume now =)
    .-= Leyla´s last blog ..How To Decorate Shelves & Bookcases in 6 Easy Steps =-.

• Reply Katherine aka. Urban Flea October 15, 2009 at 5:14 pm

le sigh… What is it with the French and beauty? I want to jump through the screen into that commercial, stat. Thanks for sharing!

xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)

.-= Katherine aka. Urban Flea´s last blog ..interior inspiration/blog love: dos family =-.

• Reply My Owl Barn October 15, 2009 at 5:16 pm

I enjoyed both the videos. But behind the scenes was fun really fun. That miniature lamp and window frame transported me to a fantasy world. The model seems to be having a great time :)

• Reply My Owl Barn October 15, 2009 at 5:17 pm

.-= My Owl Barn´s last blog ..Found My Sunshine =-.

• Reply meagan October 15, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I can’t believe how much work goes into it, for 30 seconds worth of television!

• Reply decor8 October 16, 2009 at 2:15 am

Meagan I was thinking the same thing – I wish the making of part was longer – I want to see more!!!!

• Reply Lisa October 15, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Thanks for passing those along – Making those models looks like heaven and sparks so many ideas – eeeeee, I think my head is spinning a little.

I passed them on to my boyfriend who is a professional model maker/fabricator, too.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Printing Block/Plate? =-.

• Reply Christine Villacarlos October 15, 2009 at 6:22 pm

thank you so much for sharing these. love love love them!

• Reply Tina October 15, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I’m in love with the room and everything in it.I could totally live there!
    V inspiring,Holly!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Influenza and Sparkle? =-.

• Reply Iva October 15, 2009 at 11:32 pm

I honestly find the making of even more interesting than the final video:) it is very creative and inspirational, thanks for sharing!
    .-= Iva´s last blog ..Lovely =-.

• Reply Juana @ SweetVisualAids October 16, 2009 at 4:08 am

really magical ad! i was in the marche aux puces this summer and it was inspiring! thx for sharing!
    .-= Juana @ SweetVisualAids´s last blog ..We love cookies! =-.

• Reply hippyxic October 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

so, so, magical****a reve….thank you so much for the inspiration…i think i am going to try to do a mirror “like that one “…. ;)

• Reply Shelley M October 16, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Oh my. That was wonderful thank you so much!

• Reply lemelimelodeval October 18, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Thanks for sharing, nice decor.
    I’m so fan of the cover version of Vanessa Paradis of the song “le tourbillon” from Jules & Jim film, in the making of video.

• Reply Penny Patten October 18, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Very lovely, I watched it a couple of times. That Flea Market looks wonderful!